Central Transport | We Hit The Iceburg--Brought to you by Chris Keylon

You should know my smart and sarcastic azz by now Pops....But I will say this and you young men need to listen to the Old Wise Train......If a ship has been sunk, I can't bring it up. If it is going to be sunk, I can't stop it. I can use my time much better working on tomorrow's problems that fretting about yesterday's. Besides, if I let those things get me, I wouldn't last long......Forget this place.....And move on. Better days are ahead.

Well said, very well said. You don't have that many years on me but I do take your advice Train.

A friend of mine that works at Dayton Freight was at a customer's today and they told him Vitran informed them they were closing it's U.S. operations 9/30.

It is amazing to me how Mr. Keylon can be held accountable for the downfall of Vitran U.S. When the boys from the 152 were put in charge, so many things changed.

Operations was told to take care of the "special" accounts and not to worry about the rest. This philosophy took care of medical deliveries, BASF, Arch Chemical, and a few others, but allowed "non important" customers freight to sit. As other customers freight sat, most terminals fell behind and had a large back log of freight on hand. Customers began to get irritated and it filtered all the way to Mr. Gaetz, which triggered, the "Summer of Excellence" and a meeting in Chicago.

At that point, Mr. Gaetz realized the company was too far gone, and brought in a group that he thought could turn it around. However, like I said it was too far gone. Gaetz was removed, as he should have been years ago, and here we are today. I am sure Kosovec is laughing his .......off. But I wonder how many people that will lose their job if the rumors are true will be doing the same. The PJAX regime was the final nail in the coffin so to speak. Ignorance is bad enough, but it is terminal, when its combined with arrogance.

I remember walking the dock with a former PJAX executive and being told why they were replacing the fleet of pups with vans. The explanation was vans provide a smoother ride and reduces damage to freight. Now, my back ground tells me that freight is damaged the more it is handled. Freight is obviously handle less frequently when pups are used in the linehaul network of a multi-regional or nationwide carrier. In my opinion, this is just one example of the ignorance and arrogance, that I referred to above.

With that being said, it is very sad that a carrier once as prosperous, 10 years ago, is where we are today.

Notification Period

With three exceptions, notice must be timed to reach the required parties at least 60 days before a closing or layoff. When the individual employment separations for a closing or layoff occur on more than one day, the notices are due to the representative(s), State dislocated worker unit and local government at least 60 days before each separation. If the workers are not represented, each worker's notice is due at least 60 days before that worker's separation.

The exceptions to 60-day notice are:

(1) Faltering company. This exception, to be narrowly construed, covers situations where a company has sought new capital or business in order to stay open and where giving notice would ruin the opportunity to get the new capital or business, and applies only to plant closings;

(2) unforeseeable business circumstances. This exception applies to closings and layoffs that are caused by business circumstances that were not reasonably foreseeable at the time notice would otherwise have been required; and

(3) Natural disaster. This applies where a closing or layoff is the direct result of a natural disaster, such as a flood, earthquake, drought or storm.

If an employer provides less than 60 days advance notice of a closing or layoff and relies on one of these three exceptions, the employer bears the burden of proof that the conditions for the exception have been met. The employer also must give as much notice as is practicable. When the notices are given, they must include a brief statement of the reason for reducing the notice period in addition to the items required in notices.
Kiss your vacation goodbye, we tried to tell you to use it all. As far as me I used all mine so they can kiss my azz goodbye..haha. I told you all greatness would never caught. Keylons big ego and his arrogance finally caught up with him, as it always does. Its not all his fault but he was hired to turn this company around and he said he could so he's not unaccountable.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is amazing to me how Mr. Keylon can be held accountable for the downfall of Vitran U.S. When the boys from the 152 were put in charge, so many things changed.

Operations was told to take care of the "special" accounts and not to worry about the rest. This philosophy took care of medical deliveries, BASF, Arch Chemical, and a few others, but allowed "non important" customers freight to sit. As other customers freight sat, most terminals fell behind and had a large back log of freight on hand. Customers began to get irritated and it filtered all the way to Mr. Gaetz, which triggered, the "Summer of Excellence" and a meeting in Chicago.

At that point, Mr. Gaetz realized the company was too far gone, and brought in a group that he thought could turn it around. However, like I said it was too far gone. Gaetz was removed, as he should have been years ago, and here we are today. I am sure Kosovec is laughing his .......off. But I wonder how many people that will lose their job if the rumors are true will be doing the same. The PJAX regime was the final nail in the coffin so to speak. Ignorance is bad enough, but it is terminal, when its combined with arrogance.

I remember walking the dock with a former PJAX executive and being told why they were replacing the fleet of pups with vans. The explanation was vans provide a smoother ride and reduces damage to freight. Now, my back ground tells me that freight is damaged the more it is handled. Freight is obviously handle less frequently when pups are used in the linehaul network of a multi-regional or nationwide carrier. In my opinion, this is just one example of the ignorance and arrogance, that I referred to above.

With that being said, it is very sad that a carrier once as prosperous, 10 years ago, is where we are today.

Did you take math in school? Did you look at the relatively small losses under the PJAX regime vs the total insanity of Keylon and his frat buddies? Just curious because most people know 1 + 1 = 2. Under keylon 1 + 1 = almost :$100 million in losses in less than 2 years.

Triple like to Joe. But I must say he is being very generous with those losses in the overall big picture. How do you put a price on the loss of thousands of jobs? Many people could lose their homes and families can fall apart because of the loss of their jobs. It's more than about the money here. It's about Chris Keylon failing to do what he said he could do. He came in here and fired many good people only to replace them with his cronies that I might add failed miserable. This man destroyed a company that could have been salvaged. He is a total pretentious jerk that let his ego consume common sense. And for that we must all lose our jobs. I can't say it enough.....CAUSE AND EFFECT....He will pay in ways that only the man upstairs can determine. Justice will prevail in the end. Trust the old man.

Last edited by a moderator:
im ready to throw away my 10 years . part of me hopes its true . force me to go get a better job !

I hear that. I have been working on a better deal for awhile and am wanted when an opening comes up. However, I am ready for it to be over. Vitran is and has been beyond pathetic for some time. I am ready to draw some plum-enjoyment for awhile.

I have been watching all this from the outside in and have been keeping in touch with some of my former co workers and really feel bad for you guys. I know we all wanted things to turn for the better there but with them hiring all the fed ex cronies all they have done is make things worse. To make matters worse but to put a hiring freeze on the company??? Really? with all the drivers quitting? Makes perfect business sense....... if you are going to shut the doors. I would highly recommend you guys looking for other jobs before you are caught with your pants down with no where to go. The raise they were talking about just seemed to vanish into thin air, they had to hire more fed ex people to take over more TM jobs.

I have been watching all this from the outside in and have been keeping in touch with some of my former co workers and really feel bad for you guys. I know we all wanted things to turn for the better there but with them hiring all the fed ex cronies all they have done is make things worse. To make matters worse but to put a hiring freeze on the company??? Really? with all the drivers quitting? Makes perfect business sense....... if you are going to shut the doors. I would highly recommend you guys looking for other jobs before you are caught with your pants down with no where to go. The raise they were talking about just seemed to vanish into thin air, they had to hire more fed ex people to take over more TM jobs.

Thank you for your thoughts.

The "raises" were an intentional lie to keep everyone here so the freight gets delivered. When Chris Keylon lied on the video he knew he was damaging families, but Chris Keylon is more than happy to hurt anyone he can to make a buck. Chris Keylon is responsible for things I would not want on my mind, but some folks do not have a soul.

Thank you for your thoughts.

The "raises" were an intentional lie to keep everyone here so the freight gets delivered. When Chris Keylon lied on the video he knew he was damaging families, but Chris Keylon is more than happy to hurt anyone he can to make a buck. Chris Keylon is responsible for things I would not want on my mind, but some folks do not have a soul.

I cant help but think that if Chris was alive and pulled this **** back in the late 1890's, a lynch mob would be on their way to his house, torches and pitchforks in hand.

Anyone got a spare time machine I can borrow??? I will gladly send that half ******** liar back.

I cant help but think that if Chris was alive and pulled this **** back in the late 1890's, a lynch mob would be on their way to his house, torches and pitchforks in hand.

Anyone got a spare time machine I can borrow??? I will gladly send that half ******** liar back.

No sir but I can get you a nice DeLorean for around 17K LOL.