We like your work style! Sysco is hiring!

Discussion in 'Truck Drivers Wanted' started by grocerythrower, Jun 10, 2014.

1. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

We would like to tell you about the opportunities at Sysco...

We need drivers in Tulsa OK, our warehouse address is 1350 Tecumseh rd, Norman OK, 73069

Contact info is... Robert Wright.

Work: 405-717-3253

Cell:405-245-4176 call to get more information, or apply at Careers Redirect Page

2. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

Bumpity bump, we need folks to deliver groceries! Perks a plenty!

3. kantgetryte

kantgetryte Well-Known Member

meet me at the back of the trl if you want your stuff! No I won't bring it in for you,I got other places to be, sorry tailgate only! If you can get by with my work ethics than I'm your man

4. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

Sorry this isn't LTL, customer service is the most important thing to us, competition is stiff, we strive to keep our customers happy, but mostly we drop it in the cooler of freezer and go, kick out of the stack, but if the customer requires some patience on our part we give it to them, thats customer service, so no kantgetryte, you wouldn't be a good candidate. :)

5. kantgetryte

kantgetryte Well-Known Member

6. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

7. dcmilkwagon

dcmilkwagon Armed, not a victim

Seems like you have a shortage throughout your system. I see that Sysco in Lincoln, Ne is extremely shorthanded of drivers and warehousemen too.

8. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

Yes Sir, its hard to find good men or women that want to do this, I love it in spite of the pain, well I say that, I'm back in delivery shape now after a little over a year on night shuttle, man did I get soft, I'm good to go now though, it takes a special kind of person to love this job, usually once they do it takes a life changing injury to get out of it.

This kind of work can be addicting, it is for me!

9. Cerberus_Kelpie

Cerberus_Kelpie Wings Over the World!

GROOVY Mate!!
    Good to read some folks dig that scene.

I am also NOT a good fit, though the exercise bit would be beneficial.
    I'm with kantgetryte, tail freight, I'm on THEIR dock (when a dock is available), therefore it is THEIR FREIGHT, THEIR PROBLEM.

I HAVE DONE food deliveries, several times, like schizophrenia--the umpteenth time to confirm the first time was real-- and MY main problem is the LACK OF COMMON SENSE in the trailer loading sequence.
    Having to BREAK DOWN ALL PALLETS to get to the stop products is pointless and time wasting, although it adds to the exercise bit.
    IF EVER such loading procedures were aligned with Stop criteria, THEN maybe food delivery would become a interest TO ME.

Thank You GT for the wonderful job you do, just in case no one says it.
    Now get your tired arse home, kiss the wife, have a wash, get some sleep, and GET BACK TO YOUR DUTIES!!

CHEERS!!

10. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LAST

the only food delivery service i will ever supply is.....from the dinner plate to my mouth....

there is a company up here, formerly known as Agar, now Rhienhart(??), and same ole, same ole....

what does that mean..."?"?

daily need for drivers. no one ever really stays that long.

i was at the Penske shop one night, several weeks ago, and the mechanic there told me that Agar/Rheinhart fired the most senior guy, because he initiated a union vote (to get the teamsters in)......

as of today however, i do not know if that company ever actually got the union in there.

the revolving door in trucking is rampant at that place...thier "perks"...???

you got a job for a day....

11. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

This thread is for employment, not opinions, not everyone is right for this job, it ain't for girly men, it takes strength and endurance, but it has its rewards, I have a job that I enjoy and I am trying to recruit people to work here, your not helping my cause.

Pro1's post is an opinion, nothing more, Sysco OK is nothing like that, PM me or post here for more information about how to get on at Sysco OK!

GT

12. pro1driver

pro1driver I am LAST

GT, i do not believe i was the ONLY ONE that expressed an opinion on the food service industry......and just like any other thread on this entire website, opinions are very often given, and as you also know, very often a thread takes off into another direction..

some of us want the job seekers out there, to know what to watch out for, and WHO to watch out for, as many times, a current employee can be "jaded" in what they think is a great job.

13. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

I'm just trying to keep this on a positive path.

14. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Super Mod

I be bumpin!! Jobs available to those that want to work!