Yellow | We Lost A Brother Last Night From ATL

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
We lost a Brother last night.
32 year Local 728 member Brother Jimmy Segrest, city driver at Yellow ATL was killed going home on his motorcycle.
The story was on the news but does not identified the biker.
We will let you know as soon as we hear of any arrangements
Clayton motorcyclist killed by motorist fleeing police

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Friday, August 15, 2008

A police chase in Clayton County ended in tragedy Thursday night when a fleeing motorist struck and killed a motorcylist, police said.

Lance Eddington Locke, 23, was arrested and charged with first degree vehicular homicide, reckless driving, DUI, eluding police and speeding.

The chase began just before 8:30 p.m. Thursday when police got a report of someone speeding and driving recklessly on southbound I-75, police said.

An officer pulled behind the driver, who exited at the Morrow-Jonesboro Road off-ramp.

“The officer tried to initiate a traffic stop, and the vehicle accelerated,” police spokeswoman Sonja Sanchez said.

The driver began switching lanes on the four-lane road and speeding, and at Citizen Parkway, struck a motorcycle.

“He hits the rear of the bike, turning it and the cyclist on their side,” Sanchez said.

The front of the car jumped and landed on the biker, pinning him, she said.

When the car and bike caught fire, the driver jumped out and ran.

The pursuing officer ran the driver down in about 20 feet, and arrested him.

The biker, whose name has not been released, was pronounced dead at the scene.

Thats awful and very sad that it could have been prevented! I will be praying for the family and loved ones through these trying times.

prayers18.gif

I had the pleasure to have worked with Jimmy for the last 25 years......This really hits me hard because I ride motorcycles too......I would ride to work and park my bike on the atl motorcycle pad and Jimmy would ride in no matter what the weather was and would park right beside me and we would talk about everyday life and joke as well as we covered our bikes......My prayers go out to Jimmy and his family.......God bless

Condolences & our prayers to the families & co-workers. It is shocking to see this new trend of folks running from the law & the street racing that is going on . Especially in the ATL area .

Rest in Peace .