ABF | we lost

Of course I called the international today and got no answer from the pension dept. I did hear that cent states has to submit a plan for us to vote on for approval..sounds like they could try to turn us against each other (the active, retired). We cant let this happen no matter what. As president, I would think hoffa would have a say so in the trustees decision but who knows. Anybody? Power in numbers!

I saw that provision that requires a vote. We'll have to see how that goes.

I saw that provision that requires a vote. We'll have to see how that goes.
Don't forget the loophole they put in so a no vote can be overruled "Require approval by plan participants of any proposed benefit adjustments that take effect.
This provision includes a fail-safe mechanism for those plans that present a systemic risk the multiemployer pension system

We lost the fight. According to the huffington post, done deal. We need the pres to line item veto this thing. Contact the whitehouse. Power in numbers!

Sounds like a good idea got any idea what the number is or what dept to ask for I would almost have to believe there is a e-mail address out there somewhere..
You have a point there is strength in numbers may be time for everyone to get off there A__ and start making some calls this not only effects people drawing a pension but people getting close to retirement

Sounds like a good idea got any idea what the number is or what dept to ask for I would almost have to believe there is a e-mail address out there somewhere..
You have a point there is strength in numbers may be time for everyone to get off there A__ and start making some calls this not only effects people drawing a pension but people getting close to retirement
It would be even better if we showed up in person in large numbers. Do you think we could get 25 Louisiana NW on board with a few buses to gather the masses? My guess is NO, Hoffa the Great would prefer to stand on the sidelines with his huffing and puffing smoke and mirrors show. There will be no show of numbers with his assistance.