Holland | We need a raise

Holland may be doing great, but the one holding the purse straps isn't. I seriously doubt you'd get more than a weak chuckle and a "get back to work" if you did. After all, it was voted on...

we need to go knocking on the companies door NOW, while there is a shortage, and its busy. they come begging for more whenever they want, times are good, we want more money!

we need to go knocking on the companies door NOW, while there is a shortage, and its busy. they come begging for more whenever they want, times are good, we want more money!
No. Just remain silent........and be happy to have a job.

I doubt that you've been around long enough to have heard this but.............where's that "Greatest Contract Ever" that Hoffa was bragging about?

Elections and votes have consequences.

No. Just remain silent........and be happy to have a job.

I doubt that you've been around long enough to have heard this but.............where's that "Greatest Contract Ever" that Hoffa was bragging about?

Elections and votes have consequences.

I had the chance 4 years ago, I didn't come over then because of the financial position. im over here now because of a bad knee......

They'll cry about how bad things are and 72% will vote yes again just to keep a job.

and still be paying the same as 2009? I hope even the sorriest ass kissers see through that, although im not holding my breath. if some of my "irons in the fire" come to fruition, if the lemmings don't vote the way I WANT, i'll become a bargaining unit of one, and not deal with driving for someone else.......

and still be paying the same as 2009? I hope even the sorriest ass kissers see through that, although im not holding my breath. if some of my "irons in the fire" come to fruition, if the lemmings don't vote the way I WANT, i'll become a bargaining unit of one, and not deal with driving for someone else.......
Is it really worth almost another four years to find out? I'm thinking not!

The big bonus recipients have managed to keep the place afloat somehow. And they've also convinced enough people that it's worth hanging on to, and to not jump ship. I admit that I was wrong, I thought that they'd have padlocked the gates 3-4 years ago. For the sake of my friends that still work at Holland, I'm glad that they haven't shut down, but I'm still glad that I left. That black cloud of bankruptcy hanging over my head was more than I could stand.

Is it really worth almost another four years to find out? I'm thinking not!
I agree, but to each their own. Some people are afraid to jump ship, some can't afford to be at the bottom of the seniority list at another carrier, and some question whether they can cut it at other carriers. But I must say, I've never seen more job opportunities available than I currently see. If there was ever a good opportunity to leave, it would be right now.

I had my choice between this and jack cooper, although the money isn't bad, I kick myself in the ass for not going and hauling cars. I don't like to jump ship a lot though, so im riding it to the end...

To each their own Bill. I left because I saw the writing on the wall and was in good enough financial position to move on. I was young enough to make the move and take the risks that were involved. But damn glad I did. Since leaving, I've had the best four years of my life.