SAIA | We need a union and we need it now!

Rollcoal

TB Lurker
Credits
When will all of you drivers wake up here and realize it's time saia finally has a union. The time is now and things are getting worse. Micromanage everything, open door policy pretty much gets people fired and how can a company who just laid off 400 be rehiring after we keep cutting everyday! Wake up people!

People can argue all they want. Wake up. Yrc management and saia management all seem to be in bed. We seem to be getting all yrc management as of late! Now the in cab cameras is just another thing to keep pushing it further and further!

When will all of you drivers wake up here and realize it's time saia finally has a union. The time is now and things are getting worse. Micromanage everything, open door policy pretty much gets people fired and how can a company who just laid off 400 be rehiring after we keep cutting everyday! Wake up people!
Why would we want to join a union that makes less that us? The union offers nothing. Pension? Good luck with getting that. Job security? If a company wants you gone they will find a reason. (Union or not) Today's Teamsters is a joke. The union offers protection to the lazy worker thus hurting the bottom line. That's just one reason why the LTL business is primarily non-union today. The union business model is outdated and not competitive. I would never want to pay dues to an organization that is full of corruption and has sold out it's members. Just go onto the union forums and read the nightmares. No thanks, I'm very happy and proud that we are union free. And if the day ever came that SAIA voted the union in you can better believe it would be my last day. Hoffa and his cronies are just a bunch sell outs that only care about themselves.

Last edited:
Why would we want to join a union that makes less that us? The union offers nothing. Pension? Good luck with getting that. Job security? If a company wants you gone they will find a reason. (Union or not) Today's Teamsters is a joke. The union offers protection to the lazy worker thus hurting the bottom line. That's just one reason why the LTL business is primarily non-union today. The union business model is outdated and not competitive. I would never want to pay dues to an organization that is full of corruption and has sold out it's members. Just go onto the union forums and read the nightmares. No thanks, I'm very happy and proud that we are union free. And if the day ever came that SAIA voted the union in you can better believe it would be my last day. Hoffa and his cronies are just a bunch sell outs that only care about themselves.

Well thank you Rick O'Dell and Rob Bulick for your kind words! You know I find it funny here at saia that we run like a union but don't want the Union? Strange isn't it?

Well thank you Rick O'Dell and Rob Bulick for your kind words! You know I find it funny here at saia that we run like a union but don't want the Union? Strange isn't it?
I believe ABF ... YRC ... HOLLAND ... UPSF ... are hiring. If you want that Union Utopia. Go for it. You will never find it at SAIA. The union has a defective product. It encourages mediocrity in the work place. That's not acceptable at SAIA LTL FREIGHT.

I believe ABF ... YRC ... HOLLAND ... UPSF ... are hiring. If you want that Union Utopia. Go for it. You will never find it at SAIA. The union has a defective product. It encourages mediocrity in the work place. That's not acceptable at SAIA LTL FREIGHT.
Are you kidding me? Some of the damaged and messe up freight I see rolling off our dock on to city trailers? As a city guy sometimes I spend more time apologizing than I do making a delivery! I see dock guys destroy more freight with the "quality only matters more" if I don't have to get off a forklift. Open door policy isn't working! Not only that this company needs a good shake up! All I hear is people notice Saia in meetings! Yeah for damage freight maybe!

Are you kidding me? Some of the damaged and messe up freight I see rolling off our dock on to city trailers? As a city guy sometimes I spend more time apologizing than I do making a delivery! I see dock guys destroy more freight with the "quality only matters more" if I don't have to get off a forklift. Open door policy isn't working! Not only that this company needs a good shake up! All I hear is people notice Saia in meetings! Yeah for damage freight maybe!
And you think any of that would change if we were Union. We have issues. Absolutely, all I'm saying is the Union is not the answer.

And you think any of that would change if we were Union. We have issues. Absolutely, all I'm saying is the Union is not the answer.
Wong! Power in numbers! The more you guys keep believing this crap! It's guys like you that just keep heading to the chop block. There is a very good reason they don't want a union involved! So they have all the control. You like being a puppet?

And another thing sounds from reading the old Dominion board they have a lot of problems too! Maybe a two for one that would be fantastic!
OD is the best in the business and they got there Union free. You seem to have some fascination with the Teamsters. They are not the answer. Are you learning impaired? Read the union forums too. Check out the CSPF issues among all the other problems the Teamsters bring to the table. If you don't want to be here the answer is pretty simple. Just leave.

How does the Union have anything to do with claims and tearing up freight? Surely your not implying the Teamsters would cut down on claims. You need to stay on topic.

Last edited:
How does the Union have anything to do with claims and tearing up freight? Surely your not implying the Teamsters would cut down on claims. You need to stay on topic.
Stay on topic. I'm sorry train you seem to derail quite often! I'm guessing your management which is the biggest problem in Saia!

He was calling the Union a defective product! I'm calling saia. A defective product! Another sheep
Good grief dude, can't you come up with something more than the sheep analogy. Look what's going on at FedEx. Do you think they will ever get a contract? Do you not understand that if Fred let that happen the rest would fall like dominos. The Teamsters will never gain another major LTL Player. NEVER!!!! Because they have a defective business model that takes the flexibility out of LTL companies. To be competitive in today's market you can't have restrictive work rules based solely on seniority. Been doing this since I was 18 and I'm 60 now. 42 years doing just about everything you can do in this business. Move on.

Yet another thread on how much we need the union. Train why do you bother ?
I just don't get people. This isn't the 60's and 70's anymore. The union had their time but those days are gone. They helped this industry make the kind of money we do today but times change. We evolve. When your primary competition is non-union ... R&L ... Southeastern ... XPO (Conway) ... FedEx ... AAA Cooper ... Averitt ... Estes ... Old Dominion ... just to name a few you must have a level playing field. The Teamsters are not without some good points. But the bad far outweighs the good. You could ask almost any former Teamster and they would tell you that. Today's Teamsters are not the Teamsters of old. They have sold out their current members. All you have to do is go on their forums and read what has happened. It's there in black and white. From men that are current members and many former members as well. Telling it like it is. With absolutely no reason to lie.

Last edited: