SAIA | We need a union and we need it now!

You do know Freddy ground is all contractors, right ?

Yes. It was RPS. He also has strict standards on contractor units accepted appearances. Color being one of them. The drivers are also required to wear uniforms. All of these reasons are why they've lost in court when challenged on these facts of whether they're contractors or employees.

I'm quite aware of lots of our freight at FXF is on shiny wheels for sure, over 16% of our total cost of operation is on purchase transportation. That's a FACT.

Why did they press the drivers to vote on a contract with no clause protecting them from purchase transport? The members overwhelmingly voted it down the first time and yet it mysteriously passes the second vote? I smell corruption.

Let's ask over on their forum how they feel about sitting home while Shiny Wheels run. What's worse is they're advertising extensively for owner operators to take even more away and allowing them to pull UPS Freight trailers!

At least Fred won't allow his company trailers to be pulled by some of their junk equipment. I wouldn't want my company's namesake pulled by some of the junk I see pulling UPS Freight trailers.

Actually, they DO have language protecting them from purchase transportation, which is more than anyone from the non-union carriers can say:

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster...master_agreement_with_negot_comm_09122014.pdf

So, you were quite wrong in assuming they had no "clause" protecting them when they actually indeed DO.

Damn, I wonder what happened with all that money?

That's an easy one, you and many argue that the Teamsters lost it on the market but many (convienently some) forget the United States government had taken control of the fund back in the 80's... In their glorious wisdom Golman Sachs and Northern Trust were given that money right before a major depression and THEY lost a minimum of 40%, that's right people, 40 PERCENT of the TOTAL value of the fund in a mere 15 months. How ironic that both of these would be bailed out to the tune of many BILLIONS by our own government, but the pension fund they destroyed got ZERO. What a deal huh? But the uneducated blame the teamsters out of their own personal axe to grind not reality. The Teamsters had no control over the pension fund as much as some like to claim they did during the biggest part of its demise.

That's an easy one, you and many argue that the Teamsters lost it on the market but many (convienently some) forget the United States government had taken control of the fund back in the 80's... In their glorious wisdom Golman Sachs and Northern Trust were given that money right before a major depression and THEY lost a minimum of 40%, that's right people, 40 PERCENT of the TOTAL value of the fund in a mere 15 months. How ironic that both of these would be bailed out to the tune of many BILLIONS by our own government, but the pension fund they destroyed got ZERO. What a deal huh? But the uneducated blame the teamsters out of their own personal axe to grind not reality. The Teamsters had no control over the pension fund as much as some like to claim they did during the biggest part of its demise.
Blah .. Blah .. Blah .. Not a dime was skimmed off the top. Whatever !!!

Blah .. Blah .. Blah .. Not a dime was skimmed off the top. Whatever !!!

Wallstreet only finished what the Teamsters and Mafia started. He only has Teamster talking points. He's spoon fed his talking points straight from the hall.

"He's as blind as he can be just sees what he wants to see nowhere man can you see me at all?"

Yes. It was RPS. He also has strict standards on contractor units accepted appearances. Color being one of them. The drivers are also required to wear uniforms. All of these reasons are why they've lost in court when challenged on these facts of whether they're contractors or employees.
Freddy has a lot of turban headed, sandal wear drivers out in junk, it's just all white, the only one required to wear a uniform are delivery driver, and they (or their employer) have to buy them. Look at the line of wrecks on any back fence the reason there is no junk company trucks is because the rookie driver they hire crash them before they get old.

Wallstreet only finished what the Teamsters and Mafia started. He only has Teamster talking points. He's spoon fed his talking points straight from the hall.

"He's as blind as he can be just sees what he wants to see nowhere man can you see me at all?"

You better stick to chasing smurfs because intelligent conversation and facts might just overwhelm you... You only have corporate anti union spoon fed (I hope that's a spoon by the way) beliefs.

Why were they given control of the fund to begin with?

And how about thst purchase transport protection for UPS Freight I asked about?

You didn't ask for anything you made a statement, you do know the difference don't you? It's in the contract I gave you a link to, go fetch it yourself, it's in there.

They were given control and the Teamsters didn't have it was my point. Thank you.

You better stick to chasing smurfs because intelligent conversation and facts might just overwhelm you... You only have corporate anti union spoon fed (I hope that's a spoon by the way) beliefs.

You better take your foot out of your mouth if you want to debate me.