SAIA | We need a union and we need it now!

#4 I'll give you some advice if you do work for saia and you want to stay here you need to stop this Union agitation now. When management finds out who you are you will be fired , laid off , or they will starve you out by not working you and you will just quit and find another job . It sounds like you are being starved out now
That would be a ULP

Apparently you didn't have enough proof I had no problems it worked like a charm when I had to do it I couldn't have asked for them to have been anymore understanding and helpful.

Actually, I did and do. That's why it ended up in litigation with attorneys and not in a TMs office.

One last comment and in going to quit we could do this all day and not get anywhere like Joe said if we shut up you will go away unless you just want to comment to yourself and if that makes you happy go for it.

#1 I don't know why you even thought it necessary to bring up your race you don't know what race any of us commenting on here are anyways. I work in the Deep South I work along side black men every night and I don't know one of them that wouldn't give me the shirt off their back and I would do the same for them . They are some of the most hard working honest dependable people I know and I'm proud to call them my friends and coworkers.

#2 like I said I don't think you work here I think your a union agitator trying to stir up Union talk in the company we've seen it on here before. You say some of us don't get 4 weeks of vacation you say you have worked here 7 years well you should have 3 weeks of vacation and a week of sick days why wouldn't you know this if you work at saia .

# 3 if you are still here with the poor attitude you have after that last layoff you are the luckiest person in the world .

#4 I'll give you some advice if you do work for saia and you want to stay here you need to stop this Union agitation now. When management finds out who you are you will be fired , laid off , or they will starve you out by not working you and you will just quit and find another job . It sounds like you are being starved out now .

# 5 the unions are failing they are desperate to get all the $$$$ the can before they go bankrupt. SAIA WILL NEVER BE UNION SO JUST GIVE UP YOUR WASTING YOUR TIME.
Well, Coal got banned. Probably temporary but hopefully when he comes back he will keep things on topic. Union vs Non- Union. And stop with the race crap. This company does not tolerate racism.

We had a ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ tm. He quit and went to estes....sounds like he got fired from there but Saia wouldn't fire him? Or all the calls to HR about how he was treating us and would put us down and nothing changed? Yeah that open door policy works so well at saia

Well, Coal got banned. Probably temporary but hopefully when he comes back he will keep things on topic. Union vs Non- Union. And stop with the race crap. This company does not tolerate racism.
He was on topic. He created the topic. You just dont like the topic. You dont know what this company tolerates and doesnt. You are a part-time p&d driver at one terminal. Looks like RAT pushed enough tears to the mods.

He was on topic. He created the topic. You just dont like the topic. You dont know what this company tolerates and doesnt. You are a part-time p&d driver at one terminal. Looks like RAT pushed enough tears to the mods.
Saia doesn't hire part time drivers in Texas. I'm a full time P&D driver YRC. And I know exactly what this company will and will not tolerate. Your wrong on this one. Think what you want. You know I'm anti-union and I know your pro-union. That will never change. Coals problem was his attitude. Many people wish they could change their life. When all they need to do is change their attitude toward life. The quality of a persons life does not depend on circumstances of his life as much as the attitude with which he faces those circumstances. BTW he changed the whole dynamics of the thread when he claimed racism.

Last edited:
We had a ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ tm. He quit and went to estes....sounds like he got fired from there but Saia wouldn't fire him? Or all the calls to HR about how he was treating us and would put us down and nothing changed? Yeah that open door policy works so well at saia
I don't believe that. You have an axe to grind as a former employee. Your going to spin it to grind that axe. I will say it again. Saia does not tolerate racism.

Train I have friends that can back it up. You're not from up here. And I may be a former employee but that doesn't mean I have a axe to grind. I KNOW what happened at are terminal. I KNOW how we were treated. We had a revolving door when he was here. And guess what. He went to estes and started the same crap and now there's a lawsuit against him.

Train I have friends that can back it up. You're not from up here. And I may be a former employee but that doesn't mean I have a axe to grind. I KNOW what happened at are terminal. I KNOW how we were treated. We had a revolving door when he was here. And guess what. He went to estes and started the same crap and now there's a lawsuit against him.

Train...all due respect, but just because something is morally or legally wrong doesn't mean the company won't "look the other way" or perpetuate workplace issues. Discrimination and harassment are both illegal. Happens daily at Saia, at least in my experience. Sad but true. Different animal down south vs. up north

Train...all due respect, but just because something is morally or legally wrong doesn't mean the company won't "look the other way" or perpetuate workplace issues. Discrimination and harassment are both illegal. Happens daily at Saia, at least in my experience. Sad but true. Different animal down south vs. up north
I'm uncomfortable even discussing the issue. I'd like to think that it doesn't happen here at SAIA anywhere. And if it does it is dealt with by immediate termination. It is simply not acceptable. I just can't see SAIA looking the other way. I refuse to accept that. Now please drop it Buck.

Thank you bigbuck. That's what I've been trying to say

Well it does happen! Why can't you admit it? Saia Cgo region is filled with it? Why do you think it's such a mess?

Well it does happen! Why can't you admit it? Saia Cgo region is filled with it? Why do you think it's such a mess?
I can't admit to something I have no knowledge of. Our TM is black ... Many of our managers are black. The white managers show nothing but respect to everyone. I will not accept the fact that racism goes on here. If I thought it did I would quit. I won't be part of any corporation that looks the other way when it comes to this issue.

Last edited:
It's Sunday, it's quiet and peaceful, and in just over 24 hours, I'll start a new week. I am not going to waste any more time on this so here is my 2 cents worth and then I'm done. I've been with Saia Linehaul almost 20 years. Maybe I've been incredibly lucky, but at no time have I ever felt abused or that we need a union. From time to time, I read the YRC and UPS forums and what do I read. The union not backing up the agreements, usually concerning contractors pulling loads while union drivers stay home, drivers bitching about the bad equipment, the unfunded pension issue, and the list goes on and on, which makes me wonder, why this system is suppose to be better, at protecting workers. Someone posted, "strength through numbers" and yet the workers, at the big union LTLs, seem to have the same problems that they say workers at non union LTLs have.

I don't know what problems exist elsewhere, but, in my little bit of the Saia world, everything seems to be ok and that is all I have to go on. I vote no to a Saia union.

It's Sunday, it's quiet and peaceful, and in just over 24 hours, I'll start a new week. I am not going to waste any more time on this so here is my 2 cents worth and then I'm done. I've been with Saia Linehaul almost 20 years. Maybe I've been incredibly lucky, but at no time have I ever felt abused or that we need a union. From time to time, I read the YRC and UPS forums and what do I read. The union not backing up the agreements, usually concerning contractors pulling loads while union drivers stay home, drivers bitching about the bad equipment, the unfunded pension issue, and the list goes on and on, which makes me wonder, why this system is suppose to be better, at protecting workers. Someone posted, "strength through numbers" and yet the workers, at the big union LTLs, seem to have the same problems that they say workers at non union LTLs have.

I don't know what problems exist elsewhere, but, in my little bit of the Saia world, everything seems to be ok and that is all I have to go on. I vote no to a Saia union.
you nailed it dracula