FedEx Freight | We Need A Union

I couldn't agree with you more,I never worked in such a negative place in my whole life. I find it hard to believe FEDEX runs its company like this.

why?????????? do you like giving people money. they take your money don't represent you they say they do but not really. Well if you want one contact you local . I for one will not support you or vote for it . IF you want Fedex to change then buy stock get an majority holding and make it an employee owned co and maybe it will change

The way I look at it, If you don't like Fedex you can quit. You can take your BS to YRC, ABF or Holland. Stop whining and do your job.

why?????????? do you like giving people money. they take your money don't represent you they say they do but not really. Well if you want one contact you local . I for one will not support you or vote for it . IF you want Fedex to change then buy stock get an majority holding and make it an employee owned co and maybe it will change
Same thing at upsfreight. Pay dues get the shaft. Only thing that really helps is they get you're job back when they fire you. If it's a B.S. reason. The Onion will support a firing if the company has solid evidence like stealing time.

Amen brother. This company dont care about you and will jerk you around and get rid of you for no good reason at all. Teamsters all the way here.

We need some protection....for our jobs, and future.and hold the company's feet to do the right thing!:stirthepot:

We need some protection? I don't think so scooter! I for one speak for myself not others. While this job is not what it was 15 years ago when I started with AF, I will challenge you to go find a a comparable job with the same pay, benefits and all the other little things that go along with it. As for the statement i continually see on here that they will get rid of you for any reason, well that's bull. If you do your job you will not have to worry about a thing. I do not agree with many of the changes or decisions of the past, but because I have decided to wear a blue collar instead of a white collar, my job is to steer and gear, not question. I am compensated well for doing just. You want union go somewhere else! There are plenty of unemployed people that would love to take your place here!

one who waits said:
We need some protection....for our jobs, and future.and hold the company's feet to do the right thing!:stirthepot:

LoL have fun.
No we don't btw.

I've been on both sides. A union wouldn't make things better. But if things don't improve, I might consider signing a card jsut to **** Fed off. Sad part is I know I would be cutting off my nose to spite my face...........no way to win.

"A UNION WILL NOT FIX WHAT'S WRONG AT FDX. FRT"....if you were even sucessfull in getting the union in ( very doubtfull ) the union would be unable to fix all the issues some of you driver's seem to have.
Just shut up and show up, do your job and your life will be better managed.

Just this man's opinion.

I have found that almost everyone who states that they want a union have never belonged to one. I have. It's a classic case of "be careful what you wish for".

Trust me, the teamsters union cares nothing about anything or anybody except the teamsters union. Been there, seen that, done that. No thank you.

Yes we do. Which union do you want to represent you... The Whiners and Complainers or the Pissers and Moaners or what about the Depressed Transgendered Double Clutchers? This gets so old you should go to the union non union debate forum you will find plenty of support there. Otherwise leave us alone we have been thru this a 100 times.

I have found that almost everyone who states that they want a union have never belonged to one. I have. It's a classic case of "be careful what you wish for".

Trust me, the teamsters union cares nothing about anything or anybody except the teamsters union. Been there, seen that, done that. No thank you.

majicman:clapping::1036316054:...Well said. I myself worked at Yellow way back when. What you stated about the union is very correct.:6788:

This is pretty-much a union company.
They pay close to union-scale, have basically the same seniority-based system as a union barn, etc.
The reason they do this is so people won't sign cards.
People need to get clear about something: Fedex DOES NOT determine these wages...it's the Teamsters that does.
If not for the threat of a union, FedEx (and the rest of the LTL's) would pay market-based wages...which would be about .38 cpm, $15.00/hour, no OT, lousy bennies, etc.
As the influence of the unions fade in LTL (and elsewhere...look at what's going on in Wisconsin right now), so too will the wages in LTL.
It's only a matter of time.