FedEx Freight | We Need A Union

I was just arguing with someone about the Wisconsin thing, might I ask you to Google the union anthem "Solidarity Forever (Pete Seeger)" and then Google Pete Seeger 90th birthday celebration. Let me know if this is something you really want to be affiliated with

I have a copy of a fax I offered to Jeff from the teamsters concerning a contract they had with the union that was the janitorial service for the IBT world headquarters, I believe, in it they are talking about renewing a new contract. It states that if IBT does not get it's way they will bring in other workers (*****?) and not negotiate with the janitors. Jeff told me he showed it to Kennasaw. I'm sorry about the spelling but I think you know who I mean. KK said it was too old to mess with. But the fact that the Teamsters would use ***** to bust another union is timeless. I believe the fax is authentic but cannot prove it. I'm not sure how I got the union/nonunion forum but Jeff has a copy of the fax if he wishes to post it

We need an onion. That way I can throw it and hit my dispatcher in the head, maybe it will knock some sense into him and or her. If not, we can always slice it up and put it on our sandwich.

you think you could know some sense into him or her if p/b so come on over and thow at mine I hope it a sweet onion.

I like to chop up some onion with ham and eggs. Yummy top off with some cheese. Very good.

I like to chop up some onion with ham and eggs. Yummy top off with some cheese. Very good.

Toss in some green peppers and jalapenos...add some crushed crispy bacon.

Texas toast and of course and Bloody Mary or two (or three?)

Hell yeah!...beer works as well!

Breakfast of Champions!

Rat

PS...try it with Pepper Jack

Again your Union ignorance know no bounds. I use the word ignorance in the text book way not as an insult. I too am vested in a union pension plan. I also have a non-union pension with Overnite and 2 401k's and my pension with FedEx. According to my financial planner, BNY Mellon, I'll retire at 59.5 years old if I so choose with approximately $10,000 a month in todays money without my union pension. So tell me again why I need a union.

Oh yeah job security like those CF drivers, Yellow drivers, Roadway drivers and ABF drivers(after the Carolina disaster). I'm sure there are some who are sitting at home, wondering how they're going to pay their bill and feed the kids, saying man I'm glad I'm in a union. The only good pay and good benefits comes from a company that is financially strong and sound. NO company has EVER said " I'm so happy we have a Union workforce, it's brought so much prosperity to this company". So if you like the union so much please feel free to get a union job. OH YEAH there are none

Damn does that ever make me insecure :P I better get crackin on the overtime...

Onions are good in a lot of things chili on a hamburger and with tacos. Onions can be very tasty.
Just remember when you start cutting into a whole onion you will tear up. I don't like tearing up in front of customers at work cause I got to deal with an onion everyday.

They say a glass of water in front of you when you cut up the onion helps with the tears. Guess it would be hard to carry a glass of H2O around all day when around the onion's.

lol, Onions are great! I think I mis-read the title of this thread...
Unions....now thats another story...they will make you tear up every time no matter what you do, and no matter how you cut it:D And worst of all, Unions do not go good on your sandwich or hotdogs!

Leemcabee. Crazy. YRC did have ex-CF employees working for Roadway BUT, only those who were not "trouble-makers" were hired right away. Approximately 40% of Yellow/Roadway employees were/are on lay-off currently after the merger called YRC. If a current employee decides to retire now without "current" contributions to the pension fund, then, and only then, will he receive 50% of his annual pension amount! ANY YRC employee working under the Western Teamsters Pension Fund with 25 years of service is guaranteed a pension today as long as years of service AND age total 80. The WTPF has over 28 billion in funding as of Dec. 2010. All contributed by Teamster employers. So much for insolvency. Furthermore, a friend of mine retired 6 years ago, who currently collects close to $50,000 from his Teamster pension and currently drives for Lowe's. Your uncle just cant drive for a freight company. That's my 2 cents on the matter

401k is free at a union shop?? You mean the Central States Pension Plan? Sounds very enticing.....

February 26, 2010: The good news: Central States Fund assets increased $2 billion last year.
The bad news: The fund is still in deep trouble.
The assets of the Central States Pension Fund increased by some $2 billion in 2009, ending the year at $19.6 billion. That’s the good news.
The bad news is the fund continues to be in deep trouble, and will have to make 12 percent on its investments just to tread water and end this year with that same asset level.
Riding the stock market upturn last year, the fund made 27.5 percent on its investments.
But employer contributions to the fund were down by $211 million, due mainly to YRC’s pull-out.

Central States ended 2009 with 60,000 active participants, down from 84,000 a year earlier. This reduction was primarily due to the withdrawal of YRC from the fund in June 2009. Secondarily it was due to layoffs in other industries. The UPS pullout reduced the actives by 44,000 back in January 2008. The number of retirees has been steady at 212,000 for the past two years.

February 26, 2010: The good news: Central States Fund assets increased $2 billion last year.
The bad news: The fund is still in deep trouble.
The assets of the Central States Pension Fund increased by some $2 billion in 2009, ending the year at $19.6 billion. That’s the good news.
The bad news is the fund continues to be in deep trouble, and will have to make 12 percent on its investments just to tread water and end this year with that same asset level.
Riding the stock market upturn last year, the fund made 27.5 percent on its investments.
But employer contributions to the fund were down by $211 million, due mainly to YRC’s pull-out.

Central States ended 2009 with 60,000 active participants, down from 84,000 a year earlier. This reduction was primarily due to the withdrawal of YRC from the fund in June 2009. Secondarily it was due to layoffs in other industries. The UPS pullout reduced the actives by 44,000 back in January 2008. The number of retirees has been steady at 212,000 for the past two years.

Let's hope these men get their pensions.
But as long as low-life outfits like ScumEx are around, it's hard for them to compete.

Mike Varnco said:
Let's hope these men get their pensions.
But as long as low-life outfits like ScumEx are around, it's hard for them to compete.

It's like a broken record. Fedex is to blame for everything, isn't it? You need help little man.

Guess I'm going to blame FedEx for the rust on my car, I thought it was a result of the salt, apparently not (it's FedExs' fault)!

lol what a joke, I can't believe what people come up with these days. The funniest part is that Mike V. doesn't even work for FedEx, he's a YRC driver!!