FedEx Freight | We Need A Union

Guess I'm going to blame FedEx for the rust on my car, I thought it was a result of the salt, apparently not (it's FedExs' fault)!

lol what a joke, I can't believe what people come up with these days. The funniest part is that Mike V. doesn't even work for FedEx, he's a YRC driver!!

If you can prove that I will make him disappear....

Come on Mikey...step up to the plate and dispel this rumor...if you can.

This ::shit:: is 20 hours old...where are you?

Rat

Much to late for even this kind of talk.
First off from what I see most of the guys working here have never made the cash possible to make here and are so overextended they still live paycheck to paycheck trying to compete with the neighbor. They could never afford to go a week without a check.
Secondly sad to say but the teamsters is a dinasour that waited much to long to do what was needed to remain a viable option.
They are on their last hoorah and sooner rather then later non union employees will feel the wrath from it. It's already begun at some non union companies and these companies look out for stock holders, not employees, like it or not. There are no choices no more.

all publicly traded companies are for the stockholders and profit these incluce YRC ABF and whoever is left and if you think they will suffer loses which they are they will do whatever ever it takes to make a profit such as pay reductions, pension freezes so go ahead say it aint so and I will never post again

I was one of the ones that got laid off at national and took the buy out and one week later got on full time with holland and never been happier THANKS FRED FOR THE EXTRA CASH IT GAVE ME A CHANCE TO WORK FOR A REAL COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

rico said:
I was one of the ones that got laid off at national and took the buy out and one week later got on full time with holland and never been happier THANKS FRED FOR THE EXTRA CASH IT GAVE ME A CHANCE TO WORK FOR A REAL COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Till ya get laid off. Good luck with that. I don't know ANYONE that's been laid off at a YRCW company. But hey it's a real company your working for.

Good luck Rico..hope it works out for you

Glad it worked out, I saw they were hiring. Make sure you sign that union card first thing

Till ya get laid off. Good luck with that. I don't know ANYONE that's been laid off at a YRCW company. But hey it's a real company your working for.
Where have you been. 3900 people got laid off from YRC including my Uncle Mike. He got laid off 2 yrs ago and hasn't worked a day since. IBT won't let him get a non-union job and he was told they can't let him retire because they can't payout new pensions right now!

Where have you been. 3900 people got laid off from YRC including my Uncle Mike. He got laid off 2 yrs ago and hasn't worked a day since. IBT won't let him get a non-union job and he was told they can't let him retire because they can't payout new pensions right now!

Not looking for an argument but get your facts straight. The IBT can't stop your uncle from getting a non union job if that's what he wants to do. If he is laid off and is out of unemployment benefits he can work wherever he pleases. If your uncle qualifies for a pension thru the teamsters he can get it at anytime he pleases. Nobody told him they are not paying out new pensions now!!

If uncle Mike takes a non union job the IBT wont pay his pension and dispute it you are very wrong cause ask a guy who know worked union for a long time when the last union shop I worked for went out of buisness I needed a job guess what no one was hiring didn't have a job had bills had to pay em that was in 1992 am at the age of retirement guess what no deal bud you went to a non union carrier sorry charlie well Ya'll can take your damn Union and stick up your ARSE by the way if you ever approch me about the union I will tell you to go get f***ed by the way if I pay the union a certain amount of money' I can maybe get some back well that ani't happening glad I took the 401 option in 1975 good luck to all you guys but it is not goona fix your problem

I really find it hard to understand your writing but if you were laid off from your union job, ran out of unemployment benefits and still wanted to work you could work a non union job and the Teamsters have nothing to say about it. Now if you had the age and years to retire you could collect your pension but you could not still work at the non union job. Those are the facts lucy11 and I explain them to you without cursing or getting nasty. If you are going to post know what your talking about. I have alot of friends at FEDEX glad your not one of them.

why?????????? do you like giving people money. they take your money don't represent you they say they do but not really. Well if you want one contact you local . I for one will not support you or vote for it . IF you want Fedex to change then buy stock get an majority holding and make it an employee owned co and maybe it will change
Your right unions arent what they use to be but there isnt many other options.Been buying their stocks for 14 years and still dont have a say so about anything

yeah make it a poll . then tell me why a union, will make a difference. they cant change senority cant dictate operational changes and you will tkae a pay cut so again why?

We need some protection....for our jobs, and future.and hold the company's feet to do the right thing!:stirthepot:

Fred does need to do the right thing. Unfortunatly the Union probably won't be the ones to make him do it.
Look what has happened at yellow.The drivers have had to give up so much just to keep the company afloat.
I'm not saying that I know what the answer is but I do feel confident that the union at this time isn't it.

Just my opinion.