SAIA | We need an new attitude!!!!!

Credits
I have been with the company for about 5 years as a linehaul driver and I notice a general attitude of ambivolence and disdain toward " the hand that feeds us." I want to just take a moment and, I hope enlighten the obvious. We make some of the best wages in our sector of the industry. We have one of the best benefit packages also. Are there issues with our managment and equiptment and consistency in H.R.....
YES. But we are a growing compant that has only been singular and publicly traded for 2 years!!!!! We are new!!! Young!!!! Learning!!!
We have some great finincial leadership in ACO. We are the only LTL carrier to make a PROFIT in Q4 of 08!!!!!! WoW
Damaged freight, Damaged equiptment, Damaged attitudes.
These are things WE can control now. Let the big boys work on the fiscal and operational issues, but lets work on what we can control, ourselves. those of us posting here are not into SAIA for only a paycheck, but to belong and contribute to something bigger than ourselves. We can spread this attitude!!!! Im not saying it is not good to talk and holler a bit at the frustrations we deal with daily, but to add to our agenda, be positive and build and contribute to SAIA, "the hand that feeds our families" We can make a diffrence..
Times are hard and no one knows it better than TRUCKERS!!!
remeber, there are always 2 ways to see things, 1 example and Ill go.
7.5% unemployment in US. OR 92.5% of people who want a job, have a job.
I like the optmistic view better, makes me feel better, work better, live better.

Like I said im not popoing you guys, just seen some real negative on all boards lately.

I think the current employees of Saia who post here share your overall positive feeling about the company. We all wine when things don't go our way, or when we think a new policy is garbage...but overall I think this is a good company. Even those who think it's a horrible place to work don't want to see it go under, b/c where are they going to find a job that pays this well? See my thread about claims prevention to see my feelings.

I have been with the company for about 5 years as a linehaul driver and I notice a general attitude of ambivolence and disdain toward " the hand that feeds us." I want to just take a moment and, I hope enlighten the obvious. We make some of the best wages in our sector of the industry. We have one of the best benefit packages also. Are there issues with our managment and equiptment and consistency in H.R.....
YES. But we are a growing compant that has only been singular and publicly traded for 2 years!!!!! We are new!!! Young!!!! Learning!!!
We have some great finincial leadership in ACO. We are the only LTL carrier to make a PROFIT in Q4 of 08!!!!!! WoW
Damaged freight, Damaged equiptment, Damaged attitudes.
These are things WE can control now. Let the big boys work on the fiscal and operational issues, but lets work on what we can control, ourselves. those of us posting here are not into SAIA for only a paycheck, but to belong and contribute to something bigger than ourselves. We can spread this attitude!!!! Im not saying it is not good to talk and holler a bit at the frustrations we deal with daily, but to add to our agenda, be positive and build and contribute to SAIA, "the hand that feeds our families" We can make a diffrence..
Times are hard and no one knows it better than TRUCKERS!!!
remeber, there are always 2 ways to see things, 1 example and Ill go.
7.5% unemployment in US. OR 92.5% of people who want a job, have a job.
I like the optmistic view better, makes me feel better, work better, live better.

Like I said im not popoing you guys, just seen some real negative on all boards lately.
Not quite right Saia wasn't the only LTL to be profitable last quarter Old Dominion also showed a 4Q profit.What Saia did do last Quarter no other LTL did was they improved their Operating Ratio, A much more impressive accomplishment given the current state of our economy.Enjoyed your positive post:smilie_132:best of luck from the green team.

Great place to work as a linehaul driver.Made almost 6-figures last year,free insurance,4 weeks paid vacation.If I never had to call 1-800-315-7242 it would be awsome.The little guy in the green answers the phone and:nutkick: But then no place is perfect.

Great place to work as a linehaul driver.Made almost 6-figures last year,free insurance,4 weeks paid vacation.If I never had to call 1-800-315-7242 it would be awsome.The little guy in the green answers the phone and:nutkick: But then no place is perfect.

Tell me about the free benefits? What is the pay like for a city driver? Is overtime paid? Are you expanding into the northeast?

Tell me about the free benefits? What is the pay like for a city driver? Is overtime paid? Are you expanding into the northeast?
free after 10 yrs, 12.00 wk ( single don't know about family) untill then
21.05 hr ot after 45 hrs. there was plans for the north east but on hold because of the economy

You have to remember that Saia is a non union shop. Just my opinion, but before they will move into the Northeast, and they will eventually, the union will not be part of that move. I think the family insurance rate held at $37.50 per week.

I've been with the company for 8 months now and I like it. I am the newest guy here and i bust my tail every day as a city guy. I want to amaze the bosses so that if they have to lay some people off maybe they'll let some guy with a bad attitude go instead of me. I am thankful for my job here!

mostly good things to say.Even though I really don't care to wait for months to recieve time card pay because some lazy person didn't feel the need to enter time cards

I have been with saia for approx. 16 years. yes it is a great company to work for, free ins and all. the company is not the problem, the problem I have seen most is the management team in some terminals.
problems that ACO will not correct.
If you complain- your a constant complainer
if you let them (local management) know about laws that they make you violate, such as bridge laws, over axle,insecure loads, insecure hazmat, drive times for schedules, etc. they refuse to fix the problems. Now, have a wreck, get a citation, put out of service,
well driver you should have checked this before you left the terminal. ex. four totes loaded in the center of the trl, not blocked or braced, all totes slide to one side and the trl turns over, drivers fault!!!! "driving too fast for road conditions" the trl was sealed, you cannot look at the load to verify that it is secure from movement, but it is your fault. this type of problem is the main issue i think. placing the blame on the drivers for things that the (drivers) cannot control, but by blaming the driver the local management does not take the blame. do you think the local management will accept the blame and get fired?
if you watch long enough you will see that "local managemnet'
will tell a bold lie and aco will beleive all that "they" say.
all I can tell you newer drivers, is " CYA"
I do think that one of these days aco will see the big picture and correct the problems. one word of advice. if you have a probem
contact Marty Ready (VP. HR. ACO) and tell him your side of the story, do not trust local management to tell all of the story.
if you don't he will make decisions based of half truths.
as some local management will NOT take any blame.
so if you think I have a bad attitude, watch what happens to you co-workers and find the real truth, then remember this post.
you will learn.

There are some break bulks who worry more about getting the frieght off their docks then they do about the legal weight limits.unfortuntely for them, they also have a scale on site. You have to stand your ground and make them take it off. Show up on time, no accidents, don't call Central unless absolutely necessary,arrive on time, and then get the hell out of the way. works for me.

well said instagator i think aco is catching on i think this is part of the reason that alot of the terminals have went dark lately. its amazing how much better things work when you take middle management out of the picture.things work smoother when there is no favoritism they can only cook the books so long until they get caught