we need your help

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by daytonbgr027, May 31, 2010.

1. daytonbgr027

daytonbgr027 New Member

bowling green, needs your help.we the p&d drivers have a great job,but here is the problem,we have 6 full time drivers with one full timer laid off,but he does work 30-40 hours a week and a road run or 2.then we have 4 other part timers that work 30-40 hours a week,these are all drivers,we have 6 part time dock workers,plus a part time office help,we the p&d drivers can not get a break not even time for a lunch,we need some help we are up 58 bills a day with one less p&d driver then we used to have.we need corporate help but we do not know how to handle it.things is starting to get out of control and affecting our customers,the customers are getting tried of all the excuses and favors we are consistently asking four,then we make our part timers run the road after or before they get there 30-40 hours.we would like to handle this in house and have tried but if it is the addressed soon we will have to contact MR.C we have four great part time drivers that have been here for a long time,and have paid there dues and have earned a good job here a Dayton.

2. Freight Fool

Freight Fool They Call Me Extra

Bowling Green, You need to follow the chain of command, talk to your Service center Manager and if your request falls on deaf ears then contact your Regional VP, explain to him that the customers are unhappy or tired of your service centers lack of "service". If you still feel that your request has not been resolved then you need to contact Anthony R. (VP of operations). He is a great leader and highly motivated when the drivers at a service center ask for help. Please talk to all the P&D and approach your SCM as a team, not alone. This way no one can be singled out as a trouble maker. I hope this helps, unhappy customers will eventually be another carriers customer.. PM me if i can help any more.............. :thumbsup:

3. daytonbgr027

daytonbgr027 New Member

I do think things is getting out of control with our part time to our full time ratio,I have now been told we our going to hire another part time driver that will start Monday JUNE 7 with this driver hired we now have 24 employees and 12 are part time 50% of our work force.

4. daytonbgr027

daytonbgr027 New Member

we have did step one,now we are moving one to the regional mgr.we still have no plan to hire a guy back that has been laid off for a year and a half.things here are getting a way from us. we all have been here a long time and have a great relations with our customers, that we take a lot of pride in,but the way we are treating the customers is bothering all of us,we are in such a hurry and are running late for our pick-ups it is really embarrassing too all of us.that we now are no better than our competition.

5. spider monkey

spider monkey New Member

I have been told you all in bgr is not the only one with this problem. I know for a fact lou,and evv,as the same problem,and you are right it has become a major problem I do not believe upper management realizes that are reputation is one the line.we would like to be better than our competition.Dayton freight is still a great company.Mr.Cornin is a very smart man.I hope he realizes that our customer service is what has been the difference between us and the rest over the years,and that is what our customers love about Dayton freight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. monkeytoejam

monkeytoejam New Member

Spider Monkey why do you always jump on the negative bandwagons? You have been told means you have no proof just someone's gossip that you base your comments on. That's always a great reference. In case you have missed it we are busier now than we have ever been and it came on so fast nobody could hire quick enough. You think we got busier because we gave poor service and have a bad rep? If you love the company so much why are you the first one to try and point out anything negative without any real knowledge of what you are talking about? Dayton Freight is a great place to work and they take care of me and my family. If you feel this way go and talk to your manager and give suggestions and not trash talk on a message board.