Yellow | We picked the wrong profession...

Perks. For us.
Used air bags and leftover spit cups left in tractors by previous drivers.

They awarded two drivers 25$ gift cards last week for performance on he job.
They both turned it down because they have to include it in their pay at the end of the year!
Perks!

Perks. For us.
Used air bags and leftover spit cups left in tractors by previous drivers.

They awarded two drivers 25$ gift cards last week for performance on he job.
They both turned it down because they have to include it in their pay at the end of the year!
Perks!

You can't fix stupid can you! Two dummies turn down free $25 gift cards because they will have that amount included in their gross pay for the year? First of all that's an IRS requirement, not the company's. Second, so they may net only $18 - $20 of that $25, so what, that net is still free money. Wow, and I suppose they vote also.

Nope... Can't fix it.
I don't think that was the only reason they turned it down.
I don't know if they vote. I can only speak for myself on that and I do vote.

Nope... Can't fix it.
I don't think that was the only reason they turned it down.
I don't know if they vote. I can only speak for myself on that and I do vote.

Those two sound like the same kind of people who say that they don't want to work more hours or get overtime (or accept free money) because that will push them into a higher tax bracket. It blows my mind that people don't understand our Federal progressive tax system and the concept of marginal tax rates. Scary.

Those two sound like the same kind of people who say that they don't want to work more hours or get overtime (or accept free money) because that will push them into a higher tax bracket. It blows my mind that people don't understand our Federal progressive tax system and the concept of marginal tax rates. Scary.
Wong and I get our steak and shake coupon value added to our driver checks at CRST at years end, then we both file amended returns for the difference between the coupons,and eating with Jamie at places like Arthur Bryant's because we are entitled to good meals while away from home.

Wong and I get our steak and shake coupon value added to our driver checks at CRST at years end, then we both file amended returns for the difference between the coupons,and eating with Jamie at places like Arthur Bryant's because we are entitled to good meals while away from home.

I love Steak and Shake. They're one of the reasons I like driving out to the mid-west.

Well... They both actually get plenty of overtime and go out of their way to do their jobs
They are good people. That's why they got the cards. . I just cannot explain anymore than that.

Well... They both actually get plenty of overtime and go out of their way to do their jobs
They are good people. That's why they got the cards. . I just cannot explain anymore than that.

Not implying at all that they're not not good people. They just don't seem to understand how we're taxed.

You can't fix stupid can you! Two dummies turn down free $25 gift cards because they will have that amount included in their gross pay for the year? First of all that's an IRS requirement, not the company's. Second, so they may net only $18 - $20 of that $25, so what, that net is still free money. Wow, and I suppose they vote also.

Stupid is as stupid does.