ABF | Weak Trucks

Tater Chip

TB Lurker
Credits
Is it just here or is it other places that have weak Macks? I had a set the other day loaded out to the max weight allowed on our pups,and it took forever to get the combo moving. We have the older Macks. The ones they had before the last ones the bought,before they purchased the Sterlings

Gladd Don't See Them That Much On Line They Just Did Not Do The Job If You HAVE 20.000 Pounds or Just Emty You Can Bet It Was Going To Be A Long Day Or Night....:bananalama:

I dont miss the Macks either. No power or top speed. Had a guy tell me ABF stood for Always Blocking Freeways. Could not argue with him. Used to take me two hours and fifteen min. to go 109 miles with the mack and now I can do it In a hour and fifty five min. with the sterling. Another thing i dont miss is staring at a bulldogs a-- all day.:biglaugh:

The one we have runs 57 mph and takes forever to get there with a load. Man you talk about a long day when you have some miles to drive.

I Drive A Mack And Beside Not Having Power It Also Shimmy And Shakes About 52 To 58 Mph. It Still Is Better Than The Old Gmc Abf Had A Long Time Ago But Not By Much

I Drive A Mack And Beside Not Having Power It Also Shimmy And Shakes About 52 To 58 Mph. It Still Is Better Than The Old Gmc Abf Had A Long Time Ago But Not By Much

The Mack I drive did the exact same thing until this last set of front tires they put on about 3 months ago. The mechanic said that it is just a matter of finding the right tire combination for each tractor. I actually forgot about the shimmy & shake until I read your post. So I can hope that #302** with 759,000 miles won't shake any more at least until these tires wear out.

I don't under stand why they wont make the speed 65mp whats the big deal all the others ltl are going 65mp and higher 65 is a nice speed if you look at some of the speed-o on the 15-16-17 alot of them say 65mph but put it to the watch it will break you hart 60-62 mph i hope they can do somthing on this next contract about the speed i no i am in the land of dreams any way have a nice day i got to start with my new radio box ive made just the box tell you all about later see ya peace

Is it just here or is it other places that have weak Macks? I had a set the other day loaded out to the max weight allowed on our pups,and it took forever to get the combo moving. We have the older Macks. The ones they had before the last ones the bought,before they purchased the Sterlings
R&L runs alot of macks out east. I've heard stories of drivers stopping to take fuel on before they make it back to the barn.. Some running 50mph with a head wind can't get up to speed.... How do companies justify the savings????? Just my two cents....

Freightshaker69
I Would Not Go That Fast Even If I Could. I Get Paid By The Hour And If The Non-union Companys Want To Go Fast Let Them And See How Well The Company They Drive For Treats Them When They Lose One Around Some Curve

2004 Macks

Some of the 2004 Macks are being sold & some are being put into the city fleet.
The remaining Sterling units on the 2007 order are now being delivered, (17301 & up), so the Macks are now being taken from the road fleet. The last 300 or so of this year's order will have the 07 engine. The first 300 had the 06 engine. The Macks will soon be gone from the road fleet.

I haven't been seeing a whole lot of Mack Visions on the road lately. Did ABF pull them from service?
No they have not. I drug 44,000 down the road from Dayton to Winston Monday morning. Was down to 20mph on Old Tunnel Hill on the WV Turnpike.

I hope they get them off line haul last month!
:chairshot:

Freightshaker69
I Would Not Go That Fast Even If I Could. I Get Paid By The Hour And If The Non-union Companys Want To Go Fast Let Them And See How Well The Company They Drive For Treats Them When They Lose One Around Some Curve
ya you might be right on that one the other day i had a tire in the back pup looked like it was on a 747 that had landed to to many times any have a nice night ....