Holland | Wearing of Holland I. D.?

Benny Hill

I'm Back (kinda)
Credits
I heard from a friend on the outbound that our all knowing TM is trying to force them to wear their Holland I.D.'s on the dock because of a Homeland Security rule? Does anybody else have to wear their I.D.'s while working the dock? Its like somebody is going to come on the dock "posing" as John Doe and commit a terrorist act, lol, what a joke! :hysterical:

Badges

Out terminal had a letter in window next to punch into clock about wearing badges at all times. Letter stated that it is company policy to wear badges at all times while on company property. It seems stupid considering they dont have a security guard and dont keep gates locked at terminal. ON weekends and middle of the night anybody could drive through and take or set up whatever they want.

Out terminal had a letter in window next to punch into clock about wearing badges at all times. Letter stated that it is company policy to wear badges at all times while on company property. It seems stupid considering they dont have a security guard and dont keep gates locked at terminal. ON weekends and middle of the night anybody could drive through and take or set up whatever they want.

They can write me up all they want because they havent even given me a badge yet.

They haven't enforced the employees wearing badges yet. But they do require visitors to have a badge now.
Mine stays in my wallet minus the clip, or I would forget it every day.

This homeland security thing is a big crock of "S" Any ridiculous thing they want to do, and all they have to say is "oh it's a homeland security thing" and everyone just rolls over no questions asked.
All the Homeland security things have done is cost money and efficiency and haven't stopped anything.
Ya know why a terrorist hasn't come on the dock to sabotage anything? BECAUSE IT'S A STUPID IDEA, not because we have done anything to prevent them.

I heard from a friend on the outbound that our all knowing TM is trying to force them to wear their Holland I.D.'s on the dock because of a Homeland Security rule? Does anybody else have to wear their I.D.'s while working the dock? Its like somebody is going to come on the dock "posing" as John Doe and commit a terrorist act, lol, what a joke! :hysterical:
Not only do we NOT wear our I.D.'s on the dock, but our customers don't require it either. I have NEVER pulled it out of my briefcase since we got them. Small town U.S.A., I guess. Just another waist of money up here.:nutkick:

Homeland Security: Are they the ones that required the $150 padlocks on our tralilers that wouldn't unlock, and had to be cut off. Another bright idea George.

I seen the same letter posted this morning that all employees had to wear their ID badges in AL. Dont recall seeing anyone with them on....lol

At our barn we use the ID badge to start and stop our work day. It is also handy to use when a customer requires ID. We are not required to wear them. Also another little funny. How about the locks that were given out a couple of months ago. We have lock checks every month. Mine is still new in the box.

I am jealous you received a box with your lock. Mine stays in the door of the truck. The only time I would consider using it is when I pick up a Hazmat load. We have a couple customers that ship solid loads, not that a stinking padlock will stop anyone.

Our ID cards are our Kronos cards.
I did not display or dangle from a cheap neck cord, my timecard when we used them. I'm not going to with my Kronos card either.
It's not safe to wear a neck cord in manufacturing facilities anyways. Leave it in your wallet unless you need to produce it to company reps or to pick up certain loads.
Don't even get me started on the padlocks!

My ² cent§ .

wow, really, is wearing an id badge really that big of a deal? someone, please start a rumor that is really worth complaining about...

I guess I am complaining about it? My point is that they are just trying to come up with any stupid things they can to irritate everybody. They are requiring everybody, including foreign line-haul drivers to wear these badges when ever on Holland property, at least in LO, when everybody gets them. They're even getting the bosses badges made too.

The original intent of company ID comes from alot of locals rules. Some companys require either company ID or a Drivers license for P/D drivers to get on the property. Your're not going into too many pier warehouses to P&D freight all day. at least in the NY/NJ metro area. Would you want to show your D/L to everyone to copy it for ID theft? I believe its also contractual.

I don't think it's a big deal really. It actually gets me in places that I could not deliver before, due to me refusing to give/show my license. Now I just show them the id, and I'm good to go. Plus, it helps customers see who we work for, since we have no uniform to distinguish us from anybody else. On the dock, I think it's stupid, but I can see why they would have to do it for everybody. I.E.: "why do I have to wear one if so-and-so doesnt?" The one bad thing is if I have it on in ANY retail store, the shoppers just see it there and assume I must work there, and ask me all kinds of questions:duh:

On the dock, I think it's stupid, but I can see why they would have to do it for everybody. I.E.: "why do I have to wear one if so-and-so doesnt?"

BINGO, WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!! I agree with you 100% Teamster02, thats my point in a nut shell. I have no problem doing whatever needs to be done for what they pay us but don't try to justify it by saying its a Homeland security rule. Just say its Holland policy and if we don't like it we can file on it and see what happens after that. Its not a rumor, this is a fact, everybody will be required to abide by this rule in the future. At least thats what they told us, lol.