Holland | Wearing of Holland I. D.?

We use ours . Some gates don't open w/out them. Also when taking reailers to the rail, they use emp ID number instead of asking for a DL.

The BCE does have a provision, you do not have to provide YOUR CDL unless it's to an officer of the law.

BINGO, WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!! I agree with you 100% Teamster02, thats my point in a nut shell. I have no problem doing whatever needs to be done for what they pay us but don't try to justify it by saying its a Homeland security rule. Just say its Holland policy and if we don't like it we can file on it and see what happens after that. Its not a rumor, this is a fact, everybody will be required to abide by this rule in the future. At least thats what they told us, lol.

From what i have been told, DOT and Homeland Security requires the company to have a security plan and enforce the plan. YRC's security plan requires employees to wear the ID. Effectively making it a homeland security and DOT requirement because of the enforcement requirement.

A Safety guy was at a terminal recently talking about some future enforcement of the plan requirements by Homeland security.

Maybe the managers they burn thru is causing this? They aren't here long enough to remember an actual name?

I hear some of the management at Jo love them cause they come in handy chopping up there co**ine. I will let you guys fill in the blanks.

I heard from a friend on the outbound that our all knowing TM is trying to force them to wear their Holland I.D.'s on the dock because of a Homeland Security rule? Does anybody else have to wear their I.D.'s while working the dock? Its like somebody is going to come on the dock "posing" as John Doe and commit a terrorist act, lol, what a joke! :hysterical:

What's the big deal about wearing company ID badges, they take the place of your CDL when a costumer asks you for an ID, there is nothing in the contract that says you don't have to wear them, you can even wear them to bed if you want to, so let's stop crying about the small s**t:chairshot:

GBA:USA:

Usf holland id badge

I hear some of the management at Jo love them cause they come in handy chopping up there co**ine. I will let you guys fill in the blanks.

I am not going to fill in the blanks because you are not making any sense. Rules by the company are made to be followed by everyone, if you have a problem wearing an ID badge see your TM and tell him you will not wear a badge, and then go see your union steward and then your BA because you will get a warning letter for not following such an insignificant Co. rule, and you will waste the unions time and company time ( not that you don't waste the company's time already ), by filing some inane grievance.

Oh, one more thing, it's not "chopping up THERE c**ine" it's chopping up
THEIR c**ine ---you m***n, I will let you fill the blanks.:tongue0002:

What's the big deal about wearing company ID badges, they take the place of your CDL when a costumer asks you for an ID, there is nothing in the contract that says you don't have to wear them, you can even wear them to bed if you want to, so let's stop crying about the small s**t:chairshot:

The point wasn't about wearing the badges for safety or convenience, it was about first telling us it was a Homeland Security Rule/Law. Then when they admitted that it wasn't and it became a Holland work rule. They were trying to make us wear them before even having everybody at our terminal one to wear. They still don't make any road men, local or foreign, wear badges at our terminal. Nor do they make anybody else that comes on the terminals property. I still think that its a bunch of stuff but it pays well. My point again was, they should have just said everybody has to wear these badges because its a company rule in the beginning and not tried to lie about it.

Don't worry be happy

What difference does it make what they told us, maybe it is a Home Land security issue or maybe just a company rule, what ever, we have to comply.

We have been told bigger lies B/4, look at the present contract, BIG, BIG lies and the majority accepted it, some not knowing what it was about , and I'm basing that comment from what I read on these boards. So f@#& the small s**t and lets move on.:annoyed:

I am not going to fill in the blanks because you are not making any sense. Rules by the company are made to be followed by everyone, if you have a problem wearing an ID badge see your TM and tell him you will not wear a badge, and then go see your union steward and then your BA because you will get a warning letter for not following such an insignificant Co. rule, and you will waste the unions time and company time ( not that you don't waste the company's time already ), by filing some inane grievance.

Oh, one more thing, it's not "chopping up THERE c**ine" it's chopping up
THEIR c**ine ---you m***n, I will let you fill the blanks.:tongue0002:

What is inane????????

Who really is the m***n?
He who cast stones should try spell check first:chairshot::chairshot:

1inane Listen to the pronunciation of 1inane
Pronunciation:
\i-ˈnān\
Function:
adjective
Inflected Form(s):
inan·er; inan·est
Etymology:
Latin inanis
Date:

1 : empty, insubstantial 2 : lacking significance, meaning, or point : silly <inane comments>

Makes sense to me ! why is he a moron!

How many times have we, as employees, lied to the company????

now that is a great question!!
:toxic:

at the general office in KC, we have the same rule...everyone wears them (though I don't remember seeing Zollars wear one!). I think the neck lanyards are ridiculous...the ID reals work much better. Keeps you within the rules and keeps it out of sight and out of mind.

Lumper you are or is it our smart why do you even waste your time driving a truck you should set up a workshop in the break room to teach us dumb drivers proper grammar. I have no problem with the badges I wear it everyday because thats the rules. I just like taking shots at YOU management people every time I get a chance. I guess you probably love that badge considering your ugly *** broke a dozen cameras before the picture finally took.

Lumper you are or is it our smart why do you even waste your time driving a truck you should set up a workshop in the break room to teach us dumb drivers proper grammar. I have no problem with the badges I wear it everyday because thats the rules. I just like taking shots at YOU management people every time I get a chance. I guess you probably love that badge considering your ugly *** broke a dozen cameras before the picture finally took.

:biglaugh::Duel:

Hey big papa, I guess you don't have any mirrors at home do you??

Boy oh boy, it would take me all day to correct your sentence structure, you m***n !!!

1inane Listen to the pronunciation of 1inane
Pronunciation:
\i-ˈnān\
Function:
adjective
Inflected Form(s):
inan·er; inan·est
Etymology:
Latin inanis
Date:

1 : empty, insubstantial 2 : lacking significance, meaning, or point : silly <inane comments>

Makes sense to me ! why is he a moron!

Thanks shoeman for covering my back, at last a person that knows how to use a dictionary. Did you get that Grumpy42??? you m***n !!!!!

I did find one good use for the badges, the Silver Slipper Saloon in Ottawa, Il gives you a discount on cover charge and drinks if you are a union member and present your badge. I now wear mine proudly while sitting at the bar and watching the ladies. Another fringe benefit of being a union member, the WalMart drivers are prohibited from even parking in the lot of a &quot;gentlemen's club&quot;. :funky: :biglaugh:

Only the people who comply with a wish by the company, to implement some stupid rule, cause that said wish to become a rule.