Holland | Wearing of Holland I. D.?

It irritates me when someone just whispers Homeland Security and we are all supposed to fall in line like good little children and not ask questions.
It is just more BS and there will continue to be BS until the day I retire. It is not a big thing at all and many companies require that the employees wear badges and you do it or find another job.
But if I want to complain about it on a message board where you have the Homeland Security given right to not read the post, then I will complain about it. Why? Because I am a truck driver and that is what I do.

The above was done MOSTLY toungue in cheek so here are all the thingys
:biglaugh::hysterical::biglaugh::clap:
Oh and BTW we don't have to wear our badges at our terminal, yet. Only visitors. So evidently Homeland Security has widely varying standards from region to region.

I did find one good use for the badges, the Silver Slipper Saloon in Ottawa, Il gives you a discount on cover charge and drinks if you are a union member and present your badge. I now wear mine proudly while sitting at the bar and watching the ladies. Another fringe benefit of being a union member, the WalMart drivers are prohibited from even parking in the lot of a "gentlemen's club". :funky: :biglaugh:
Hells yeah! They know who the big tippers are!!!!:1036316054:

Riddles

Only the people who comply with a wish by the company, to implement some stupid rule, cause that said wish to become a rule.

Welcome Avenue (The Riddler ), Guess what's Orange, and Blue and sometimes Yellow?? Look below for answer.

Answer:

The company that pays you $25.- hr to comply with that stupid rule, this was not a wish by the company it was an implimented company rule rule.:duh:

GBA:USA:

Lumper(I love my union job)sam:smilie_132:

I heard from a friend on the outbound that our all knowing TM is trying to force them to wear their Holland I.D.'s on the dock because of a Homeland Security rule? Does anybody else have to wear their I.D.'s while working the dock? Its like somebody is going to come on the dock "posing" as John Doe and commit a terrorist act, lol, what a joke! :hysterical:
What does it look like, I don't think I've seen such thing
since they took my photo 8 years ago for ID getting into 3M companies gates! Sounds just like another case like they did on are pad locks 3-4 years ago when Mark B---e said if we lost the key they would issue us paper work, you no the locks they end up cutting off with a cutting torch off trailers!!!!!!!!!

What does it look like, I don't think I've seen such thing
since they took my photo 8 years ago for ID getting into 3M companies gates! Sounds just like another case like they did on are pad locks 3-4 years ago when Mark B---e said if we lost the key they would issue us paper work, you no the locks they end up cutting off with a cutting torch off trailers!!!!!!!!!

:hysterical: :hysterical: is he gone? :hysterical: I dont mean to laugh but anyway :hysterical:

LOL, I'd forgot about the original post. Just to update whats happening now with the I. D. cards. WE ALL HAVE TO WEAR THEM NOW!! Yep, its not that bad :toxic:, I don't even notice that I have it on :toxic: most of the time. Hey, as long as they pay us what they do it doesn't really matter to me, but I still think its pretty much a waste of time at the terminal. On the street I think its a great ideal but at our own terminal, where we all know one another, its kind of silly. Everybody that works for Holland wears one at our terminal except for the road men, they never have to wear them and I say good for them. I wonder if we exchanged our I. D. with somebody else if management would even notice? I bet they wouldn't, mainly because they probably don't care either.

Sounds just like another case like they did on are pad locks 3-4 years ago when Mark B---e said if we lost the key they would issue us paper work, you no the locks they end up cutting off with a cutting torch off trailers!!!!!!!!!
Does anybody else have to use a lock every day now? We have to put a lock on the door and keep it locked anytime we're away from a dock now. Another YRC safety, Homeland security, just plain old have to or else type thing. I like doing this too. Its fun to open and lock it and then open and lock it some more and then open and lock it again and again and... I guess you get my point, lol. :hysterical:

We have had the lock policy for a couple months or so.
It has to be locked outside the terminal. They did say a sealed load is ok. so a lot of guys just seal the load to leave the yard and after the last pickup.

The YRC security team was driving around the Louisville area a couple of months ago and caught a couple of our guys without a lock going down the interstates. The guys got letters from YRC security, so now everybody uses the locks :toxic:.

The YRC security team was driving around the Louisville area a couple of months ago and caught a couple of our guys without a lock going down the interstates. The guys got letters from YRC security, so now everybody uses the locks :toxic:.
Now there is money well spent!!! What a friggin joke! $4/gallon gas for a couple overpaid flunkies to follow us around and justify their jobs! I give up.

Now there is money well spent!!! What a friggin joke! $4/gallon gas for a couple overpaid flunkies to follow us around and justify their jobs! I give up.
Hey now! Be nice! Those flunkies were probably once a regional Vice President or some high powered executive. Now, after YRC trimmed some fat off the top, they have been reduced to just being OUR SHADOWS. They won't get rid of these losers, they just create a new position for them. The ID badge, the locks, and most of these other programs that they roll out are just more wasted money that they could use on the bottom line. If they would just fix the core problem (employee moral) they wouldn't have most of these problems. OOPS! :Off-Topic:

I worked for a company that issued, not long after hiring you, a rubber stamp with your name & emp. # for signing the bills with blank spaces to fill in the date and # of pieces, a flash light to check the fifth wheel, a kit containing two head lights and various light bulbs in case you needed them and of course the lock for your trailer if you were a city man. So to me YRCW's badge and lock policy is a non issue to me, it might be annoying, but everything you do takes time and I get paid by the hour. In the winter time when your lock gets frozen it slows you down, and you can't deliver the freight then you call dispatch and let them worry about it, if you are on the dock and your lock is frozen, you call your supervisor to open it for you, I'm sure he will call the shop because he doesn't want to freeze his a** off while you go to the brake room for a well deserved cup of java----C'mon guys you been around log enough make it work for you.

GBA

Holy cow lumper I actually agree with you on something. Well said I tell the guys the same thing f**k them with there own rules and policies. We all should know if you do everything by the book it takes time and when you get paid by the hour we got all the time in the world.:1036316054:

The big Y has their own security service. Y** Worldwide Enterprise Services. They are not ex-managers shifted around. They are experienced PI's and are good at what they do. Don't take this lightly.

My opinion on the I.D badge is that this is just another non-issue to distract us, so they can sc**w you on a bigger issue when you are not looking.

My opinion on the I.D badge is that this is just another non-issue to distract us, so they can sc**w you on a bigger issue when you are not looking.

Well said and very preceptive. Please watch your language, Marines don't
talk like that:hysterical:

GBA::USA: SEMPER FI