XPO | weather related backups

Spartan8989

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wondering if its mostly at my sic or if this is common everywhere. I have a city bid and the last few weeks almost everyday I've been told to call in prior to my start time. Today and a few others days I've been backed up because of weather. I understand no one can control this but I just don't think its fair to do this to drivers. For one thing, there is always work to be done regardless of the weather. Just upset because a couple times this has happened Ive been already to go, car running, kids packed up for daycare, etc..... then they say come in later!! Mostly wondering how many other sics implement this call in or being backed up because of weather? I asked my TM why today and was just given because of the weather so I'm thinking about taking it a little further to see if this is policy or not? I'm at a small terminal, maybe 30 drivers total and they have plenty of flex guys these days, I just don't understand taking money away from regulars who been here a long time.

I can see their point, sending the city guys out on deliveries and having people on standby to get the leftover freight that comes in late from the reship. What I do not understand is having a 2 hour delay for line-haul when it is not needed. I have always said, If you can't do it during the week then a delay isn't going to help you. Someone gets to the re-ship at 3:30 during the week, they are going to get there later during a delay. Some guys don't want to work, those are the ones the company should get rid of. Some people just expect a free ride and they think they deserve it.

At least this time they let us know in advance unlike last time at 4pm Friday. I love con-way. Con-way makes me h#rny

Just wondering if its mostly at my sic or if this is common everywhere. I have a city bid and the last few weeks almost everyday I've been told to call in prior to my start time. Today and a few others days I've been backed up because of weather. I understand no one can control this but I just don't think its fair to do this to drivers. For one thing, there is always work to be done regardless of the weather. Just upset because a couple times this has happened Ive been already to go, car running, kids packed up for daycare, etc..... then they say come in later!! Mostly wondering how many other sics implement this call in or being backed up because of weather? I asked my TM why today and was just given because of the weather so I'm thinking about taking it a little further to see if this is policy or not? I'm at a small terminal, maybe 30 drivers total and they have plenty of flex guys these days, I just don't understand taking money away from regulars who been here a long time.

well you might not want to hear my answer.... deal with it, that is trucking

That weather is also affecting us here at LDA . Its slow in the city. But they hardly ever adjust start times. didn't think they were supposed to. There are a ton of empties on the yard..waiting for all that freight from the sub service carriers to fill them up

That weather is also affecting us here at LDA . Its slow in the city. But they hardly ever adjust start times. didn't think they were supposed to. There are a ton of empties on the yard..waiting for all that freight from the sub service carriers to fill them up

see we need those guys.. I thank them every time i see one in our yard

Yes, it happens at other service centers too. Freight flow dictates start times. Fortunately for you to get that call before you leave the house. Imagine getting to work and being told to wait, that would suck! Your right there's always some kind of work or safety training to be caught up on. Now if you don't have anything to do with your extra time, you might wanna try going in early anyways. Grab some breakfast and a news paper (dont forget that extra bfast sandwich) and go sit in the breakroom. When some extra work pops up your inbound fos see you sitting there with nothing to do. No need to worry about them flex guys, unless they're taking your p&d run. I don't understand how they're taking your money?

I can see their point, sending the city guys out on deliveries and having people on standby to get the leftover freight that comes in late from the reship. What I do not understand is having a 2 hour delay for line-haul when it is not needed. I have always said, If you can't do it during the week then a delay isn't going to help you. Someone gets to the re-ship at 3:30 during the week, they are going to get there later during a delay. Some guys don't want to work, those are the ones the company should get rid of. Some people just expect a free ride and they think they deserve it.

Small barn like that usually have long p&d runs 150+ miles a day. probably make all their city drivers wait for
freight. I personally like the extra hour or 2 backups on fridays. We usually go out to eat, and I pretty much would still get back around my normal time. I'm losing about an hour or 2 a week, but it's worth it.

the delay was needed...
late freight from reship means line-haulers are late finishing their run which means the need for ten hours off is also extended. Also the storm that ended up in the Great Lakes area pretty much ran out of gas by noon. The backup also allowed for more time to complete our lots and the roads to be plowed out.

the delay was needed...
late freight from reship means line-haulers are late finishing their run which means the need for ten hours off is also extended. Also the storm that ended up in the Great Lakes area pretty much ran out of gas by noon. The backup also allowed for more time to complete our lots and the roads to be plowed out.

Believe me, that storm wasn't really a big deal.

the sad thing is those guys are protected by the fos's at the reships I see it all the time