ABF | Weather

e9J71MQ.jpg

Brother Von, are you thinking of transferring to the ABF facility in Kodiak? Bored of the climate in Indiana?

That looks like great Halibut fishing weather to me...

Brother Von, are you thinking of transferring to the ABF facility in Kodiak? Bored of the climate in Indiana?
No sir. I don't even know if there is a barn there. My truly secret plan for this post was to get posters talking about something other than who said what or who started the verbal fight or anything but the current topics of conversation. I thought the weather would throw everyone off the track. I suspect I have failed in my endeavor. Oh well, today is a new day. Hope prevails.

On another note, due to the very small # of roads in Alaska, I wonder if ABF uses snow machines or dog sled to deliver freight? Just curious. Von.

No sir. I don't even know if there is a barn there. My truly secret plan for this post was to get posters talking about something other than who said what or who started the verbal fight or anything but the current topics of conversation. I thought the weather would throw everyone off the track. I suspect I have failed in my endeavor. Oh well, today is a new day. Hope prevails.

On another note, due to the very small # of roads in Alaska, I wonder if ABF uses snow machines or dog sled to deliver freight? Just curious. Von.
Alaska is the only state left on my list. I've visited every other.
One of our retirees did the "inside passage" cruise a few years ago. Spectacular. I want to see icebergs "calving". :1036316054:

Alaska is the only state left on my list. I've visited every other.
One of our retirees did the "inside passage" cruise a few years ago. Spectacular. I want to see icebergs "calving". :1036316054:
I have been there and would love to go back. Glaciers calving is a regular occurrence and I highly recommend the 8 hour cruise out of Seward. I also recommend an inland tour. If you ever swing by I'll show you my photo album of it.

Wha, wha, whaaaaaaaa?? This was all just a ploy??? And I was all primed up to go Halibut fishing in Kodiak!!!
I wonder if we can come up with 3 new letters to write on the time cards why we were absent. How about GHF for Gone Halibut Fishing. With a little luck someone @ the fort will have a sense of humor. Come on posters, we need some new letters for defining our absences.

I visited the island of Kauai in Hawaii a couple of years ago. I want to visit O'ahu next and the memorials at Pearl Harbor. But I'll do it in two flights. The last time was non-stop from Chicago to Honolulu. Way too long in an airplane!