ABF | Weather

Yes, it does. I'm just coming off vacation, we had another man on vacation the same week. Co. Did it's best with subtle hints that they would be....."short-handed"..…...We both told them not to worry......,because WE certainly weren't going to worry about it. Had to cancel the UE run just to cover the city bids. Was told before I went on vacation that the "recruiter" they hired had 9 prospects lined up. I u understand that not a single one was qualified. Funny how they have no trouble hiring a "recruiter"......... yet they can't hire truck drivers to do the actual work. As you said,......they made their bed.....By the way, the weather was nice while I was on vacation. I'm so red that if I had two antennas on my head, I'd look like a Martian.....

I'm so red that if I had two antennas on my head, I'd look like a Martian.....
I am glad to hear that you got yourself a worry free vacation. My attitude towards to company has evolved a little over the years and it rests peacefully on, "I don't care", at this point, from which I doubt it will ever return. At first a hard working 100% conscientious employee I got screwed, berated, cursed at and demeaned by the local manager and his right hand man. I quickly lost love for the job I once felt lucky to have. As time went on things changed and improved a bit, not much but a bit. Then came the jealousy on the company's part when Hoffa and Co. gave the farm away over at YRC and our subsequent contract. That really gave me my, "I don't care", attitude and I have felt better and less stressed ever since. It's their own, personal, home made bed and let them lie in it. Yep, they see it and are tweaking it here and their for new hires but not for those of use who have been here for any length of time. That tells me that they don't care about me (as if I didn't already know that). There actually was once a day when I would bend over backwards to make it in, adjust my schedule even but not anymore. I'll pass on a quote I found here not too long ago, "I can't understand why they don't like my attitude, they gave it to me".

BTW, beware that red hue your skin is sporting right now, on a regular basis it can be detrimental to your retirement plans.
http://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-information/melanoma
The most dangerous form of skin cancer, these cancerous growths develop when unrepaired DNA damage to skin cells (most often caused by ultraviolet radiation from sunshine or tanning beds) triggers mutations (genetic defects) that lead the skin cells to multiply rapidly and form malignant tumors. These tumors originate in the pigment-producing melanocytes in the basal layer of the epidermis. Melanomas often resemble moles; some develop from moles. The majority of melanomas are black or brown, but they can also be skin-colored, pink, red, purple, blue or white. Melanoma is caused mainly by intense, occasional UV exposure (frequently leading to sunburn), especially in those who are genetically predisposed to the disease. Melanoma kills an estimated 9,940 people in the US annually.

I like that quote about attitude. I'll probably use it next grievance hearing. Thanks for worrying about my health. I told my wife we have to remove any ugly growths that occur,.......,...she gave me a funny look, opened her mouth, thought better of it, ....did not say anything. The woman loves me for sure........

Sitka, Alaska.

YiPwwRK.jpg

Are you trolling for fish or a woman? Be careful in your answer, your other half just might troll this website. von.
Fish, the women up there are a little rough for me but they are quite resourceful...they could cut your hair off and make a good rope out of it.

Got some catching up to do been gone to the west side of michigan playing in the sand dunes. Didn't even check in to see what was going on.But now back at it all refreshed and still cleaning sand out the toys and camper. "nuff said enjoy the weather

Great weather here right now but the Mosquitoes are kind of putting a damper on things.

Ahh yes the sun came up temps in the 80's grandkids over to swim and even mowed the grass for me now moon up fire burnt down to embers time to hit the sack just living the dream "nuff said good night all

This one here sports some nice catches, this is what I'm talking about...
http://www.blackrockcharters.com/content/charter_fishing_in_alaska/halibut_fishing_alaska.asp
That is a big fish. Imagine you are on one of those charters & a BIG fish grabs your bait & proceeds to strip the line off your reel in the next 2 minutes. You never see how big it is but standing there watching the line peel right off your reel, who needs to see the fish. Just imagine. Sounds like the fishing needs to be done with some ½ galvanized chain & a meat hook. Watching your line being removed from your reel, & nothing you can do about it, priceless. Von.