ABF | Weekend/holiday dilivery/pickup charge?

I don't think there is an extra charge unless the freight is Timekeeper which would be a higher rate. I don't know of very much freight that is picked up or delivered on holidays. If a customer requested a pickup or delivery on a holiday I think that would be premiun service. The extra cost of paying holiday pay is the reason not many work holidays. There is usually a few working at larger terminals on some holidays to keep the freight moving.

Thanks guy's for the replys. Someone "found" a memo that stated that we were missing out on $ on this rate charge and we are trying to figure out who else charges like this?

There are definitely weekend/holiday rates in place but they can be waived.

Item 754 : Pickup or Delivery Service - Non-Business Hours

1. ABF does not obligate itself to provide pickup or delivery service during non-business hours (including Saturday, Sunday or a holiday). However, when a Customer requests ABF to pickup or deliver freight during non-business hours, the following will apply:

Minimum charge of $415.00 per man per day.
$77.95 per man for each half-hour or fraction thereof required to perform the service.
Time shall be computed upon notification by the driver to the representative of the consignor/consignee that the vehicle(s) is available for loading/unloading and shall end once loading/
unloading has been completed and driver has received a signed Bill of Lading/receipt of delivery.

2. Customer may request ABF to place or pick up an empty trailer(s) on a Saturday, Sunday or holiday, even though the actual pickup and/or delivery of freight may occur on a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or holiday. The charge for this service will be $415.00 per man per day.

3. Charges will be assessed against the payor of the freight charges. If the payor of the freight charges is unable or unwilling to pay for this service, the charges will be assessed against the party requesting the service.

ABF 111-AE, Item 754

http://www.abfs.com/resource/ABF111/Items/item754.asp?q=Saturday