SAIA | Weekend runs

Guess I shouldn't complain about having money thrown at me for doing an extremely easy job, but dang this is the reason why they can't keep people.

Apparently we are about 75 drivers short in our region. Fixing to become 100 short the way they are quitting and getting fired around here.

I had this problem when I ran system...and I was told if u have hrs available u have to work...soi transferred back to the city
..the last time it happened was labor day 430 am

Yea the system does need some fine tuning to say the least. Cant run people ragged and expect them to be happy. But i have friends at a couple of different ltl companies and they running them blind also. But like you said PistonRing83 they are throwing money at you right now, and the winter time can be slim pickens some years. Hope you can get it resolved.

I had this problem when I ran system...and I was told if u have hrs available u have to work...soi transferred back to the city
..the last time it happened was labor day 430 am
I definitely won't be going back to P&D. The city operation at this company is absolutely ridiculous. I'd rather put up with system than be underpaid in city and have to deal with delivering all the garbage freight this company hauls.

Make the best of it and save that extra cash. We used to run like that at R&L, but now since they're using so many outside carriers our extra board does good to get 1500 miles a week.

the policy is the tm supposed to put up a list with all the drivers at that terminal city and line haul on the list according to seniority if nobody volunteers they are supposed to start at the bottom of the list and do it on a rotation so you don't get stuck working every weekend volunteers are picked first line haul drivers get priority on the volunteer list .the list supposed to be faxed to central by wed night/thursday morning. but if you are a system driver you can write your own check all you gotta do is say hey i wanna work and they will run your wheels off most of the time 32-3400 miles a week

the policy is the tm supposed to put up a list with all the drivers at that terminal city and line haul on the list according to seniority if nobody volunteers they are supposed to start at the bottom of the list and do it on a rotation so you don't get stuck working every weekend volunteers are picked first line haul drivers get priority on the volunteer list .the list supposed to be faxed to central by wed night/thursday morning. but if you are a system driver you can write your own check all you gotta do is say hey i wanna work and they will run your wheels off most of the time 32-3400 miles a week

That's the exact same answer that I've got from a couple people I've asked at larger terminals now. Thanks for the help SJ.