FedEx Freight | Weekend work for new Linehaul drivers question

they have a sign up sheet that stays up until Thursday, you are called in Seniority order, I think road drivers have first chance at them or it seems, Don't know never took a Sat run

Although we have exactly zero scheduled runs on Sat, our extra board must be available for the Sat AM call block. Anything left over goes to road volunteers by seniority and then City volunteers.

Just wodnering if Fedex Freight let' drivers do a weekend run when it gets busy?
Yes, sign-up. Runs go by seniority. If you're low-man then you get the ::shit:: runs on Saturday.

However, check nearby centers. Some do nothing but rails on Saturday. Easy money. PITA though.

Although we have exactly zero scheduled runs on Sat, our extra board must be available for the Sat AM call block. Anything left over goes to road volunteers by seniority and then City volunteers.
Richard, are you saying that road gets preference over city and then by seniority? My understanding was that Saturday volunteers worked strictly by seniority.

Richard, are you saying that road gets preference over city and then by seniority? My understanding was that Saturday volunteers worked strictly by seniority.
Road gets preference. If you’d like I will find chapter and verse in lesson 15. But, as has been previously pointed out to us, there are only guidelines subject to interpretation by local management.
At my center, extra board gets preference regardless of seniority.

At our center, only those who sign up by Thursday at noon are called for Sat runs in seniority order...road gets seniority over city...if you sign up after noon on Thur, you go to the bottom of that list behind everyone who signed up, including city drivers who signed up by Thur

they have a sign up sheet that stays up until Thursday, you are called in Seniority order, I think road drivers have first chance at them or it seems, Don't know never took a Sat run
yes, road drivers have 1st dibs on weekend road run then city drivers in the order of there senoirity

road drivers always have first priority on any road run over any city driver.. That is policy

City drivers have seniority over road drivers for city work though so it makes it even and Saturday work for city drivers pays OT. At my barn there is more city work on the weekends than runs most of the time.