Wegmans Food Markets

Stan Smith

TB Regular
Credits
What do people know about Wegman driving jobs? I'm looking for any information that is out there on them. I constantly hear people raving about them and going great lengths to shop at their stores. Looking for any feedback. Thanks

Future Opportunities Truck Driver (Pottsville, PA Distribution Center)-1201667

Job Posting
: May 21, 2012
Primary Location
: PA-Pottsville-820 Keystone Blvd,Pottsville,PA,17901
Job
: Retail Service Center - Pottsville, PA
Area
: RSC Transportation Full-Time
Schedule
: Full-time
Age Requirement
: Must be 25 years or older.
Days/Hours Requirement
: Candidates must have scheduling flexibility to work any hours within a 24X7 operation that includes both weekends and holidays.

What sets this job apart from the other driving jobs?

Home everyday routes to maintain your work & life balance
Professionally maintained new model equipment
State of the art technology resources
Minimal product handling
Team work environment

What sets this job apart from the other driving jobs?

Home everyday routes to maintain your work & life balance
Professionally maintained new model equipment
State of the art technology resources
Minimal product handling
Team work environment

Got my attention....:guinesssmilie:

Sounds like something you need to look into Stan, I guess thats a back east thing, I have heard of them but thats all. Grocery store driving jobs around here have gone the way of the dinosaur I think even Kroger has outsoursed, the guys that I have talked to that have had grocery chain driving jobs, loved them!!!

Best of luck Brother.

When I was in the soda business I always talked to those guys. At that time (in2008) they were coming out of upper new york area. Since then they have opened many more stores, the guys all seem to like the job. They don't touch anything and alot of the times they just drop and hook the trailers. I know they are non-union but never asked about there pay because they were to far for me to apply. Oh, there equipment is in top notch shape.

ltl1 said:
When I was in the soda business I always talked to those guys. At that time (in2008) they were coming out of upper new york area. Since then they have opened many more stores, the guys all seem to like the job. They don't touch anything and alot of the times they just drop and hook the trailers. I know they are non-union but never asked about there pay because they were to far for me to apply. Oh, there equipment is in top notch shape.

Good feedback!

I'm really looking to hear more as soon as I run into one of their guys. I gotta hunch its a great gig...

Go for it Stan. You won't be sorry. Just about all grocery store chain jobs are good. In some cases maybe not the best paying, but working conditions are top notch. When I retired I considered driving some as a partimer and if I had the first place I was going to was going to be a regional grocery chain. I drove for a contract carrier for A&P back in the early 70's, the work was hard back then, everything came off on rollers or a ramp, but they treated you very good. It's a different culture than working for a freight outfit, they actually seem to not hate you.

SuperCourse said:
Go for it Stan. You won't be sorry. Just about all grocery store chain jobs are good. In some cases maybe not the best paying, but working conditions are top notch. When I retired I considered driving some as a partimer and if I had the first place I was going to was going to be a regional grocery chain. I drove for a contract carrier for A&P back in the early 70's, the work was hard back then, everything came off on rollers or a ramp, but they treated you very good. It's a different culture than working for a freight outfit, they actually seem to not hate you.

If I can, I will. I'll take a pay cut to save my body and have energy to bet to know my kids.

The distance is the largest obstacle. I looked at their website and seen their only hiring part time right now. Heck, maybe they'll let me do that in between my schedule here if I like it that much...

I love the Wegmans brand as it has a wide and developing cluster of tasty natural alternatives. They additionally work on a natural homestead and collaborate with neighborhood producers on techniques received at the ranch. All things considered, ensured natural must be non-GMO, the equivalent can't be said for nourishments marked as "regular." I am impressed with the Wegmans Employee benefits and program that an employee can benefit from there.

The company I work for, A Duie Pyle has a dedicated account with Wegmans. I do not know enough about either to give you a comparison. Just that I believe Pyle is a full time gig

The company I work for, A Duie Pyle has a dedicated account with Wegmans. I do not know enough about either to give you a comparison. Just that I believe Pyle is a full time gig
They run company trucks, PYle and Penske both have trucks in Pottsville also. They are building a distribution Center In Southern Va. off I-95 to serve their expansion into NC. It will also serve the majority of their Ava. stores.

Leonard's is pulling doubles into Mass now for Wegmans. Rochester drivers are union any other locations are non. They paid the withdrawal liability to get out of the pension here in NY about 8-10 years ago. Still a great job and company to work for. It can be similar to UPS though getting full time hours and making the board in Rochester. All the guys I know that worked for them moved on eventually because the work shifted to outside carriers and they were starving.