XPO | Welcome to “Thunderdome”. Yard congestion!

Trailers are piling up in the yards here. I have not been by the ABF yard in the Rock for a Petro meal lately however the yards here in a variety of distributions are to the fence line. Large remudas of tractors bunched to the side.

It was not too long ago when its empty as in busy and on the road.

System wide. They must obey the magic box. It tells them how much to break in a day, and by shift. Get more? Sit it until the next day. It just piles on itself. Why customers pay to have their freight sit in trailers is beyond me.
It’s the current condition of shipping goods . Customer tolerate more because of it. All LTL carriers are in the same state to a degree.

I don’t think any FAC’s are working all their freight nightly. We sent drivers to XCV tonight to pick up loads. XCV was closed one night due to flooding in the area. The yard there is way beyond capacity. Hooking on the street anywhere you can find room. 40 minutes to hook is good. We need a bigger terminal or open XNJ (Newark) again. Better yet, make XSD (South Plainfield) a reship.

I don’t think any FAC’s are working all their freight nightly. We sent drivers to XCV tonight to pick up loads. XCV was closed one night due to flooding in the area. The yard there is way beyond capacity. Hooking on the street anywhere you can find room. 40 minutes to hook is good. We need a bigger terminal or open XNJ (Newark) again. Better yet, make XSD (South Plainfield) a reship.
XSD to small. Would love to know story behind XNJ.

XSD to small. Would love to know story behind XNJ.
I believe I heard it was because XNJ and XCV had a lot of the same terminals running there that some bright eyed management person thought it would be a good idea to merge the two. My drivers that where running in to xcv at the time were saying they now had 45 min drops because of all the trailers and other drivers dropping.

System wide. They must obey the magic box. It tells them how much to break in a day, and by shift. Get more? Sit it until the next day. It just piles on itself. Why customers pay to have their freight sit in trailers is beyond me.
That's part of it. I have to say with so many running VIAs on there way to the FAC is causing more and more arriving later in the night. Also with the lack of empties at the FAC just slows the whole process down. Docks blown out and nothing to load into. Yes they are pulling breakers out of the plan and even FOS are letting guys leave while freight is still showing in arrive status. There is a point you have to cut it off and get freight back so it can be delivered.Why hold 30 bills so you can get the last 2 or 3 bills on you trailer that is on trailers that are not even open yet at 4am.You want your freight there then pay for a guarantee shipment.
Why customers pay to have their freight sit in trailers is beyond me.
It's the same every where. A guy I know have a part shipped from the West coast to the east coast via FXF. FXF transit time was one week, after one week he called they said they didn't know were it was. Then 3 days later is showed in Chicago. So 2 and a half weeks later it finally arrived at his local FXF barn for him to pick up.

Every single decision made is based on money, customers satisfaction is not a metric we use