FedEx Freight | Welcome Watkins Employees

Uncle Stumpy

TB Lurker
Credits
I would like to extend a very warm "welcome to the family" to all the employees of Watkins Motor Lines. I'm sure you'll be a bit anxious like most of us who rode out the AF buyout or the Viking acquisition before that. There will be changes down the road for sure for all of us but please be assurred the statements made about Fedex being an employee oriented company are true. We have all had to contend with a shift toward a corporate climate where things dont always change fast enough to handle changes in the workplace but that aside, I believe most of us would agree that the changes have mostly been positive. So, once again, welcome aboard!... BTW you guys gat any good runs out of Milwaukee? LOL J/K

UNcle Stumpy:tribehasspoken:

I also would like to welcome all the Watkins Motor Lines folks .
This is a good thing and we all will be for the better . We are the best and the world is going to find out .
Have faith in our people , they are not going to ruin a good thing .
Smokestack / FXFE

Yep, Yep, to all above. Guess what guys? Whether you know it or not, you just won. Congratulations and welcome.

Smokestack said:
I also would like to welcome all the Watkins Motor Lines folks .
This is a good thing and we all will be for the better . We are the best and the world is going to find out .
Have faith in our people , they are not going to ruin a good thing .
Smokestack / FXFE

I disagree we are the best in the world. {UPSF} But thats OK we can all be proud of our companies. :bgroovy:

Also what happened to the Watkins site. If it was taken down that was fast lol!

I'll take a red,white,and blue truck an a purple uniform before I would ever think about gray and that brown and I wonder why the brown is on the bottoms of both the trucks and uniform? Better spit shine them boots,Mister UPSF.

Skeeter said:
I disagree we are the best in the world. {UPSF} But thats OK we can all be proud of our companies. :bgroovy:

Also what happened to the Watkins site. If it was taken down that was fast lol!

THE SITE REMAINS...Only the name has changed.

local61man said:
rattlesnake do you think they will buy any new equiptment to start, or just paint what they currently have?

Most of there trucks that I see on linehaul are newer Volvos. But that is in the midwest. Maybe other parts of the country have older equipment.:smilie_132:

A BIG WELCOME ABOARD WATKIN'S MOTOR LINE'S EMPLOYEE'S--fdxfrt is an allright place to work at'you got B.S. every place and you okay sionably grip about somethin but all in all FEDEX FRT. IS A OK. CORNBINDER/FXFE

Pompano said:
Most of there trucks that I see on linehaul are newer Volvos. But that is in the midwest. Maybe other parts of the country have older equipment.:smilie_132:
What you see in the midwest is what Watkins runs across the board all of our equiment is first class just like our operation...........that is what makes this a good transaction Fed-Ex has just purchased a first class long haul ltl company.:tribehasspoken:

Well all I can say is that when FEDEX bought AF, they did atleast wait until they got enough decals to put on the doors AND the air dams, unlike our big money rival :chairshot::nutkick:

Well I work for Watkins well now FedEx National LTL and we get paid every two weeks which I hate! I hope they switch us to weekly ASAP! That will be a another of the many pluses I see in the future!

gofed6id.png