Yellow | Well....Are you there yet?....SMH

Kennesaw Kid

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Rd4LYP8.jpg

So painful and dispatch at 511 is starting to act completely ignorant again. Things were going so well last month and now I'm back to getting 5-6 hours on the clock every time I show up. Last Sunday they were breaking bids. For those that don't know, that's an expensive decision. Between 511 dispatch and CDO they are going to eat all the profits out of this quarter. You would think after 10 years YRC would have a clue by now.

Don't worry, the Teamster Brass are working diligently right now as we speak, to preserve the dues.....I mean the Jobs......I mean the high standard....

Does anybody know what they're doing????
Besides preserving the dues...

Last edited:
Non-union pay scale will be over $35 hour in 2023 at the end of ABF contract and over $36 hour at the end of the YRCW contract TBD in 2024.....tough road ahead for ABF and YRCW

I think with the ABF passing so easily, we are screwed. Companies can push our watered down spineless union union leadership in whatever direction they choose. The key is leverage, and we are losing more of it every day. Sad.

I think with the ABF passing so easily, we are screwed. Companies can push our watered down spineless union union leadership in whatever direction they choose. The key is leverage, and we are losing more of it every day. Sad.
The young guys won’t strike or vote no There wife’s say you cannot stay out of work ,or lose a weeks pay .We can’t afford it.The young generation has no balls, or back bone The guys that are close to retirement won’t vote no.Reguardless of what they say,I’ve see this before in 40 years of contracts.Dont blame the IBT, blame your fellow members who don’t go to meetings and don’t participate in any thing the union does .Yes your right we are screwed. Ill still vote No I Have nothing to lose but my job I’ll take great pride in putting the people that put us in this situation out of work ,The useless management that put us were we are.

If it goes through alot of ground will be moving from the old Teamsters turning in their graves. Sad situation when we vote to be poor with no future.
We are screwed. They (the young guys) will realize it when they come of age.
I'm at the end of my so called career. I've never been so happy to be the old guy.
I will still vote NO!
I'm so tired of paying to work....(concessions)

If it goes through alot of ground will be moving from the old Teamsters turning in their graves. Sad situation when we vote to be poor with no future.
I'm at the end of my so called career. I've never been so happy to be the old guy.
I will still vote NO!
Yes brother I feel the same. If we’re gonna go we’re taken them with us.I still have my pride and that I take to my grave May God bless us.

I will still vote NO!

I still have one foot out of the grave, but it's heart wrenching to see what we walked pickett lines, lost pay checks.
hired attorneys out of our pockets and more to gain what we had in past days.
Now most is all gone, and these lazy creeps wont take time to vote, you can bet most of the non voters will
be the first to complain.
I've been fortunate, been drawing a check for 28 years, never would have happened if not for the union.
I have always been proud to be a Teamster, but with this crap they negotiated for ABF, they are making it awful hard.

I still have one foot out of the grave, but it's heart wrenching to see what we walked pickett lines, lost pay checks.
Now most is all gone, and these lazy creeps wont take time to vote, you can bet most of the non voters will
I've been fortunate, been drawing a check for 28 years, never would have happened if not for the union.
I have always been proud to be a Teamster, but with this crap they negotiated for ABF, they are making it awful hard.
It is undoubtedly a sad, sad story after so many trials and hardships. Being a Teamster today is not what it used to be, not at all.

Here in Canada, drivers and owner/operators have started looking to other options for union representation. Unifor, which absorbed the CAW, is a popular choice. I myself am represented by the USW. And there are other options. The only real bastion for the IBT in Canada is in British Columbia, and that's because there's not many other choices there (no manufacturing, and logging never unionized afaik unless it was the IBT) so they win by default.

It's sad when you have to look at the people representing you and question whether or not there's a better way.

Had my blood pressure up when I seen it passed. At the supplements with pension and big Road boards seen the obvious in the language and voted no. I understand the business side of things but damn it seems as majority just looked at pay vacation given back and took the deal. They don’t see how the company will work the road drivers but put the miles on shiny wheels.