Yellow | Well....Are you there yet?....SMH

Right turn Clyde

Then maybe you should switch sides.

Right turn Clyde

Then maybe you should switch sides.

On May 08, 2018. You said... "We pay for it .But it all ends April 2019 When we’re out of job so are they .Hello retirement good bye YRC".
Those are your words. From the thread http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/th...-6-million-as-operating-ratio-hits-100.85625/
You gave up already. But I guess the rest of us are supposed to stick around to shore up your pension.

On May 08, 2018. You said... "We pay for it .But it all ends April 2019 When we’re out of job so are they .Hello retirement good bye YRC".
Those are your words. From the thread http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/th...-6-million-as-operating-ratio-hits-100.85625/
You gave up already also.
No I’ll collect my pension and social security,Screw them they f up this company 70,000 at the merger and 24,000 left,They set all of us to fail.Still not making money after 10 years of give backs .Its a shell game and Iam not a sucker no more .Ill be laughing all the way to the bank to cash my check.

No I’ll collect my pension and social security,Screw them they f up this company 70,000 at the merger and 24,000 left,They set all of us to fail.Still not making money after 10 years of give backs .Its a shell game and Iam not a sucker no more .Ill be laughing all the way to the bank to cash my check.
I agree you should cash your check. But your advice to me previously was to stand up and man up. Why??? If it's too ****ed up for You, why should the rest of of stand up and man up?? Like you just said you are no sucker.

You go ahead and laugh all the way to the bank. Just remember, the guys working now who will never collect a cspf pension, are paying for it.
Let's see your middle finger again.

You go ahead and laugh all the way to the bank. Just remember, the guys working now who will never collect a cspf pension, are paying for it.
Let's see your middle finger again.
Iam New England,your pension plan your problem.I stood my ground and paid my dues in over forty years in the business.Iam not responsible for your pension down fall .You guys are .You guys didn’t organize and bring in new blood. Iam in the sunset of my life .Its high noon for you. May be you should watch some more Clint Eastwood’s movies.

Iam New England,your pension plan your problem.I stood my ground and paid my dues in over forty years in the business.Iam not responsible for your pension down fall .You guys are .You guys didn’t organize and bring in new blood. Iam in the sunset of my life .Its high noon for you. May be you should watch some more Clint Eastwood’s movies.

I know, for you it's the "I got mine, you get yours". And we wonder why the Teamsters suck. The rest of your post is funny just like the 2018 Teamsters.

The Teamsters are still a joke though, let's face it. Not worth the dues anymore. If anyone has a different opinion, prove it.

Last edited:
Look bud the members don’t go to meetings any more they don’t demand the representation they deserve .The people in charge know this and so do the companies ,in a nutshell people today are just selfish ,I My heyday the old timers wood break your legs.Of coarse this doesn’t happen any more .Violence is not the answer ,bud most young guys could care less to them it’s all about me myself and I .I can’t change a generation,No one gave me any I worked my ass off to provide and protect my family.A union job with great benefits and good wages made this possible.And my pension followed me through multiple companies over forty years Thank God ,Now is my sunset and your high noon .Time to put in the work and I hope you reap what you sow The business has change and the people I wish you well .Don’t give up our give in .It ain’t over till you say it’s over.I was told 40 years ago if you don’t like this kind of work, find another job..(Peace)

The Teamsters are still a joke though, let's face it. Not worth the dues anymore. If anyone has a different opinion, prove it.

I’m afraid the problem in this country goes much deeper than a single union. Americans have stopped believing that they have a right to share in the wealth they help to create. Globalization, subcontracting, and the use of temporary employment agencies are some of the tools used to convince the working class that they should be grateful for whatever scraps business is willing to feed us after they have completely gorged themselves.

I’m afraid the problem in this country goes much deeper than a single union. Americans have stopped believing that they have a right to share in the wealth they help to create. Globalization, subcontracting, and the use of temporary employment agencies are some of the tools used to convince the working class that they should be grateful for whatever scraps business is willing to feed us after they have completely gorged themselves.
:6788:

The answer is simple, VOTE NO! We get this crap because we vote yes for it or don't bother to vote all.

If we want a better deal we'll have to demand it.
I've read all of the good comments here, the not-so-good ones, and the the plain dumb comments as well. I've read the comments of the brethren who can't spell, can't form a correct sentence, and think it's all somebody else's fault. Your comment is "right on". Look at the last Teamster election. Hoffa would have lost if just a few thousand disgruntled members would have cast their ballots. So far as I can see, Hoffa lost anyway. So who won?? The Apathy Slate! They got over 85% of the vote, because those who supported their slate proved their apathy by not even bothering to vote. Hoffa was re-elected by just about 7 1/2% of the membership. That is disgusting!!
I for one am sick and tired of the brethren who a) think this is a playground; b) think that their "sluffing off" is accomplishing something or sending a message; and c) those who deliberately screw things up. I'm also fed up with the many managers at all levels who don't know what the &^%$ they're doing, but they sure know that "they're in charge and don't you forget it". I'm fed up with CDO not moving the freight, dock personnel who don't get the freight worked when it does arrive, and anybody else who simply doesn't get it, and doesn't care. To the customer, time is money and they're tired of the excuses.
Our senior management doesn't pay attention when good ideas are put forth, because they think that they know everything. It's quite obvious that they don't.
I am eternally thankful that my pension time is in, I'm not in Central States, and when (sadly, not IF) this place folds up, I can be retired. I think I've said enough for one day. I'm not going to let YRC ruin my weekend.

Rd4LYP8.jpg

So, IF we were still paid at this amount, plus all scheduled contractual raises, not reduced by 15%, I’m figuring our pay at $26.77 as of 4/1/2018. Does that seem about right?

That’s only pay, no figures for reduced H&W or pension contributions nor reduced vacation days and rates of pay, nor anything else, just rate of hourly pay.

So, IF we were still paid at this amount, plus all scheduled contractual raises, not reduced by 15%, I’m figuring our pay at $26.77 as of 4/1/2018. Does that seem about right?

That’s only pay, no figures for reduced H&W or pension contributions nor reduced vacation days and rates of pay, nor anything else, just rate of hourly pay.
That seems about right, but might actually be a little bit low. FedEx Freight's top pay is nearly $29/hr. but there are some deductions for H&W. Depends on what plan and how many dependents. FedEx matches YOUR retirement deductions up to 6% with company contributions. That still is not what we were getting in pension contributions, but it's close. So....today FedEx drivers are still, after all these adjustments making considerably more than us.

That seems about right, but might actually be a little bit low. FedEx Freight's top pay is nearly $29/hr. but there are some deductions for H&W. Depends on what plan and how many dependents. FedEx matches YOUR retirement deductions up to 6% with company contributions. That still is not what we were getting in pension contributions, but it's close. So....today FedEx drivers are still, after all these adjustments making considerably more than us.
One can only guess as to what the figures ‘might’ be, only because figures after 2013 are based on the MOU’s.

Using the figures therein, is how I reached what might be the wage without concessions.

ABF has implemented concessions, all the while being profitable. None can know the actual amount of our present wage, had not the MOU’s occurred.

With all that being said, and trying to understand where the bar is set for those minimum wage, retirement
and healthcare benefit compensation packages might lie, what is acceptable?

‘Return to full compensation,’ is a vague demand.

One can only guess as to what the figures ‘might’ be, only because figures after 2013 are based on the MOU’s.

Using the figures therein, is how I reached what might be the wage without concessions.

ABF has implemented concessions, all the while being profitable. None can know the actual amount of our present wage, had not the MOU’s occurred.

With all that being said, and trying to understand where the bar is set for those minimum wage, retirement
and healthcare benefit compensation packages might lie, what is acceptable?

‘Return to full compensation,’ is a vague demand.

Nothing vague about the indications that we need to start sharpening the pitchforks!