Estes | Well I did it!

Songremainsthesame

TB Legend
Credits
Had another "call back at 11:30" day so I ventured over to Athens and filled out my application. Ops mgr told me to call them back on Monday if I haven't heard from them before then. Wish me luck guys! I've got another 15:00 start day today so I'm probably gonna get 5 hours... *sigh* I'm tired of it!

Had another "call back at 11:30" day so I ventured over to Athens and filled out my application. Ops mgr told me to call them back on Monday if I haven't heard from them before then. Wish me luck guys! I've got another 15:00 start day today so I'm probably gonna get 5 hours... *sigh* I'm tired of it!
I think you'll like it there. That's one of the terminals where p&d drivers normally stay p&d.

I think you'll like it there. That's one of the terminals where p&d drivers normally stay p&d.

I'm not quite following... Are you saying that p&d drivers don't jump ship and bump l/h drivers? I'm hoping he'll put me on as a utility. I'd kinda like to do both l/h and p&d. My family situation right now doesn't allow me to be gone a week at a time. I wouldn't mind doing it on occasion (especially during the summer) to cover vacations, but I don't know whether I'd like it all the time. One plus of being gone all week would be no 80 mile round-trip commute every day, but I'm willing to drive a little more to have a steadier job. Got another day today of calling back @ 11:30 which probably means a 15:00 start and 5 hours again.

I'm not quite following... Are you saying that p&d drivers don't jump ship and bump l/h drivers? I'm hoping he'll put me on as a utility. I'd kinda like to do both l/h and p&d. My family situation right now doesn't allow me to be gone a week at a time. I wouldn't mind doing it on occasion (especially during the summer) to cover vacations, but I don't know whether I'd like it all the time. One plus of being gone all week would be no 80 mile round-trip commute every day, but I'm willing to drive a little more to have a steadier job. Got another day today of calling back @ 11:30 which probably means a 15:00 start and 5 hours again.
Most local guys are happy there but some do switch to the road. Utility guys do well out of that terminal. I had a utility call me recently asking for directions way down south where the black water rolls and the sawgrass waves. He said he hasn't skipped a beat and loves it here.

Most local guys are happy there but some do switch to the road. Utility guys do well out of that terminal. I had a utility call me recently asking for directions way down south where the blank water rolls and the sawgrass waves. He said he hasn't skipped a beat and loves it here.

Sign me up!! I may need to get your number as well!

I'd triple like it if I could!!

They've got a few nashville and greensboro turns out of there. 600 miles. Those Miami, West Palms or Ft Myers ain't bad either. It is still winter though. Don't let me paint a gold mine for ya but I'd bet you'll make a lot more here as a new driver than a new driver elsewhere

They've got a few nashville and greensboro turns out of there. 600 miles. Those Miami, West Palms or Ft Myers ain't bad either. It is still winter though. Don't let me paint a gold mine for ya but I'd bet you'll make a lot more here as a new driver than a new driver elsewhere

It's good to hear that. Was having a conversation yesterday with one of our golden boy drivers, been there 11 years, helps out with safety stuff, nice guy but he's got his nose planted DEEP. He was saying that it may suck to get short hours here @ Con-way, but I'd be in the same boat elsewhere, starting out at the bottom of the board. From the sounds of it, I'd seriously take that chance with Estes.

It's good to hear that. Was having a conversation yesterday with one of our golden boy drivers, been there 11 years, helps out with safety stuff, nice guy but he's got his nose planted DEEP. He was saying that it may suck to get short hours here @ Con-way, but I'd be in the same boat elsewhere, starting out at the bottom of the board. From the sounds of it, I'd seriously take that chance with Estes.

if you are willing to work... don't think anyone around here is gonna hold it away from you, should be able to do pretty well, picking up the scrapes that the spoiled drivers around here leave, LOL

good luck brother, i know exactly what you're going through. I hope it works out for you and you can jump ship man..we made 88 million but DSRs are still starving.

if you are willing to work... don't think anyone around here is gonna hold it away from you, should be able to do pretty well, picking up the scrapes that the spoiled drivers around here leave, LOL

You don't have to worry about me not willing to work. I'll do 12-14 a day if I'm allowed. I'm just not allowed to where I am now. :regretful:

I grossed big numbers last week and had bunch of miles left over so I already got a jump start on next week. Obama will be able to fly round trip to China just on my taxes.