Estes | Well I did it!

keep drinking the koolade it will be ok.there is no way i could bring myself to sleep in a motel or bunkhouse worst than what estes has even on my own dime.

I normally splash a little Dos Equis on my lounge chair and wipe off some of the palm tree dust before I lay down.

keep drinking the koolade it will be ok.there is no way i could bring myself to sleep in a motel or bunkhouse worst than what estes has even on my own dime.

Well . . . . . . . . if you spend some time bouncing around large construction projects in small to mid-sized towns that don't have enough rooms for all of the tradesmen that show up, you might see it a little differently. Sometimes a night or two in the local "roach emporium" until other arrangements can be made, beats sleeping in the car. . . . . . then again, you may have a nicer car than mine.

Keep the good attitude there newbee,only advice...get off the utility as soon as you can, to get senoirity started in the catagory you would like to be in. Does Estes have problems in the company, most certainly, what company is perfect ? Does Estes have not so clean bunk houses and hotels ?? Certainly, but I tell you what this best western here in springfield, mo, sure makes up for some other uncomfortable places.The good thing with this place, with that kind of attitude, you can make a heck of lot more money to start with, than other companies, where you struggle, picking up table scrapes that other drivers don't want for a long period of time

Thanks rjjr, I value good advice. I recently landed a Hub run that's working out well, I'd prefer Extraboard but I work a part time gig at home to enhance a pension that I'm vested in, so I need to be in town.

I haven't stayed in "tons" of Estes hotels but most have been decent. Granted, I don't have sky high standards but if I were sent to a bunkroom/hotel that was to nasty for me, I'd spring for my own room. Where are this crappy hotels? Been to terminals like Chicago,Charleston,Huntsvlle,Winchester,Memphis, and others that I can't recall the town, none repulsive enough to reach for the wallet. As for the bunkrooms, I took my own linens,pillows etc., most could use a good cleaning. My goal was get some sleep and get rolling so it didn't matter.

Thanks rjjr, I value good advice. I recently landed a Hub run that's working out well, I'd prefer Extraboard but I work a part time gig at home to enhance a pension that I'm vested in, so I need to be in town.

I haven't stayed in "tons" of Estes hotels but most have been decent. Granted, I don't have sky high standards but if I were sent to a bunkroom/hotel that was to nasty for me, I'd spring for my own room. Where are this crappy hotels? Been to terminals like Chicago,Charleston,Huntsvlle,Winchester,Memphis, and others that I can't recall the town, none repulsive enough to reach for the wallet. As for the bunkrooms, I took my own linens,pillows etc., most could use a good cleaning. My goal was get some sleep and get rolling so it didn't matter.

Hammond, LA.

Hammond, LA.
They changed to a different one on the 23rd. I'm not sure it's an improvement but I met the sweet old lady that owns it. She told me she put some doughnuts out. I peeked in an saw 3 packs of opened little Debby snacks. Lol
At least it's owned by an American