TForce | Were getting macks and sterlings

Overnite

TB Veteran
Credits
I don't usually postrumors but this is from 2 sources one is a lead mechanic which was sent to a class to learn about the new automatic allison transmissions.

He said we were getting sterlings for the city and macks for the road.

The sterlings will be automatics, and he showed me a picture of a mack sleeper.

The second source works in atl and he told me there was 20 sterlings with our colors in there back lot.

Sterlings for the city you say?
Forget those cheap power units tell them we would rather have Freightliners.

What happen to the Volvos?

macks and sterlings are what UPS uses and I am sure they have more buying power which will get a cheaper price?

Automatics? Nooooooo! I love shifting gears!
I won't know what to do with my left foot and right hand. (okay no jokes!!)

Our on site mechanic did say the new road trucks will be macks but our city replacements are going to be snub nose internationals. They are coming in nov. so I guess I will know soon.

I'm one of UPSFreight's safety trainers,and I say automatics are no good for the cold snowy north country city driving.
You want to have automatics keep them sissy shifters in the warm windy south.

I'm one of UPSFreight's safety trainers,and I say automatics are no good for the cold snowy north country city driving.
You want to have automatics keep them sissy shifters in the warm windy south.

There has to be some kind of shift override button or hill holder control feature to prevent automatic upshifts when pulling on hills or out of docks. Seems like UPS would not overlook something like that. Atleast I hope not.:hide:

I've been old school to long.
When I'm driving that big rig I want to be the one thats in control of the shifting.

I don't want my unit jumping around when all I have any control over is the accelerator,and the brake.

My own personal vehicle is a Dodge half ton pickup truck,with an automatic.
Even with that light truck,I'm not really happy in our winters that I can't down shift it.
Sometimes I'm just along for the ride whenever it starts slipping,and sliding in the snow.

So no I don't ever want an automatic in my big rig thank you very much.

Automatics? Nooooooo! I love shifting gears!
I won't know what to do with my left foot and right hand. (okay no jokes!!)

This is awesome. I'll be able to sip my coffee and text dispatch on the diad while driving!!! Right hand on the coffee, left foot toes for texting. Nothing like multi-tasking!!! :hysterical:

I don't usually postrumors but this is from 2 sources one is a lead mechanic which was sent to a class to learn about the new automatic allison transmissions.

He said we were getting sterlings for the city and macks for the road.

The sterlings will be automatics, and he showed me a picture of a mack sleeper.

The second source works in atl and he told me there was 20 sterlings with our colors in there back lot.

Any pictures would be appreciated. :1036316054: Oh, I must say that I did predict the Sterlings. Cheaper the better, the way Buster Brown likes them.

I float the gears ridind around to do my city route.
I don't ever give any thought to shifting.

Except in the winter storms, I like the idea of being in control of all the shifting to avoid any body part re-arranging to my UPS equipment.

I've heard the Macks and Sterlings rumor too. The other day a service dept mgr said he heard Volvos with come alongs (cummins). I guess we'll see.

dont knock the autos if they are allison automatics might not be too bad here a fedex we have some city units internationals with them they are not bad and in the snow just plank it you will get out ..now road units we have some with the auto shift trannys they suck those do suck you will be stuck with those but the true automatic allisons are acctually pretty nice

We were informed that if we need to be pulled out of the snow by a wreaker, starting this winter season.
We are going to be charged with an accident.
If we run out of fuel,and have to have someone bring us enough to get going thats going on our records as a chargeable.
If we pull down any utility lines,cable,phone,or electric no matter where they are,in commercial,or non-commercial areas this also is a chargeable to be entered on our record.
3 chargeables in a years time no matter how much they cost,is your ticket out the door forever.

With that piece of information from our UPS Freight safety department I want to say thanks a lot UPS for buying us!

When we were first rebranded we heard the saying UPS runs the tightest ship in shipping,oh boy have we seen that statement come to pass!

A Friend that drives a sterling with an automatic for another company told me they are what is called semiautomatic, full auto or manual your choice you still have to use a clutch when stopping.

If we run out of fuel,and have to have someone bring us enough to get going thats going on our records as a chargeable.

With that piece of information from our UPS Freight safety department I want to say thanks a lot UPS for buying us!

When we were first rebranded we heard the saying UPS runs the tightest ship in shipping,oh boy have we seen that statement come to pass!
Lordy I can't believe that that there is some crazy stuff on the fuel.What has running out of fuel got to do with an chargeable accident??? I think that tight ship may be a little to tight.. Are you all sure about the Sterlings? I heard they were not going to make them anymore although I find that hard to believe since ABF and ConWay pretty much use them exclusively.
I almost forgot to you folk's in Indy "" Welcome to the Hood!!"" The Brother-hood that is the IBT..