Estes | Were Hiring

FLYINGBY

TB Lurker
Credits
City and Utility and finding a hard time finding drivers, wonder why, gee? Maybe after they screwed so many drivers letting them go and they work someplace else the word gets around how this place is a messed up place to work.
The bidding process is so unfair, and the Category system is so unfair, etc...

Our seniority system gives a new hire a fighting chance. A straight seniority company would need to hire a welfare recipient and have them shovel everyones **** for umpteen years until they finally get to do what they wanted from the get go

Back when they let all those Linehaul guys go that had been with the company way longer then those brand new Utility drivers, you can not tell me those guys were not qualified to do the job, we are hiring 2 utility and 3 city.
When they hire more Utility all that does is is keep us from getting a regular run and if it gets slow we know who is going out the door first don't we. I did the Utility thing for awhile basically to keep a job I guess, and got tired of working 3 days a week and short little runs.

i don't see the whole category system changing (it'd be a big mess if it did) so we might as well all get used to it; just don't change categories and if you're forced to you can always transfer or wait until you're back on the category you want to be.
as far as hiring a lot of places i thought be hiring by now aren't yet, like 017 for example. i don't know whether 041 is hiring but i think they need to cuz everytime i go down there it seems they're swamped with extra freight.

i don't see the whole category system changing (it'd be a big mess if it did) so we might as well all get used to it; just don't change categories and if you're forced to you can always transfer or wait until you're back on the category you want to be.
as far as hiring a lot of places i thought be hiring by now aren't yet, like 017 for example. i don't know whether 041 is hiring but i think they need to cuz everytime i go down there it seems they're swamped with extra freight.

they must hold all the xtra freight for ya'll down yonder,cuz all us yankee's up here, all seem to get xtended stays in the taj mahal of a bunk house.... LOL

they must hold all the xtra freight for ya'll down yonder,cuz all us yankee's up here, all seem to get xtended stays in the taj mahal of a bunk house.... LOL

Its just an illusion. King terminals rely on the servant terminals to fuel the big bellied scheduled drivers

bad attitudes, can put you in the," thin the herd catagory"

Well if I got THINNED OUT for speaking the truth so be it, but what can you do at this company with them changing things so much, cancelling Linehaul runs, turning runs from Linehaul to Hub, Hub to Linehaul(that hardly ever happens but have heard of it) When I started here we had mostly Linehaul, now it is so mixed up with all these categories how the hell you suppose to know what to do to keep a job or have something better down the road, if I would have known the changes coming I would have done other things years back like probably got the hell out of this mixed up Road side of this company and been a City Driver, they are never affected by Categories.
They have gotten to Big and in LTL if you want to compete you have to make changes, so just wish I knew what was coming down the road for where I am at. You just never know anymore. The first 7 years here I thought I did, but the last 4 have been a roller coaster ride.
As far as you guys that love to say DONT CHANGE CATEGORIES, well what are you gonna do when the Company seems to change, I almost lost this job back when they let all us Linehaul guys go, so hey I made a change, I can get back my Linehaul now that at the first of the year I had to go back to a Linehaul start on Tues,,, the wife has told me to quit this job more then a couple of times, but she does not understand this industry, I have been here almost to long to leave, going somewhere now being in my 40's is taking one hell of chance also.
I don't know I guess, I'll just keep on Trucking try to keep a smile on my face and wave to all those guys that made the right choice by going into the right Category.

That is why these guys that work at the Bypass/Breakbulk terminals should be welcoming us smaller guys with open arms, we are the reason they have so much freight.

That is why these guys that work at the Bypass/Breakbulk terminals should be welcoming us smaller guys with open arms, we are the reason they have so much freight.

The welcome you with open arms and say- "whereT F ya been!" My guy has been sitting here for 20 minutes. He had to get going because his boy has a ball game tonight. Where did put the trailer! So my guy doesn't have to spend extra time looking for it."

Well if I got THINNED OUT for speaking the truth so be it, but what can you do at this company with them changing things so much, cancelling Linehaul runs, turning runs from Linehaul to Hub, Hub to Linehaul(that hardly ever happens but have heard of it) When I started here we had mostly Linehaul, now it is so mixed up with all these categories how the hell you suppose to know what to do to keep a job or have something better down the road, if I would have known the changes coming I would have done other things years back like probably got the hell out of this mixed up Road side of this company and been a City Driver, they are never affected by Categories.
They have gotten to Big and in LTL if you want to compete you have to make changes, so just wish I knew what was coming down the road for where I am at. You just never know anymore. The first 7 years here I thought I did, but the last 4 have been a roller coaster ride.
As far as you guys that love to say DONT CHANGE CATEGORIES, well what are you gonna do when the Company seems to change, I almost lost this job back when they let all us Linehaul guys go, so hey I made a change, I can get back my Linehaul now that at the first of the year I had to go back to a Linehaul start on Tues,,, the wife has told me to quit this job more then a couple of times, but she does not understand this industry, I have been here almost to long to leave, going somewhere now being in my 40's is taking one hell of chance also.
I don't know I guess, I'll just keep on Trucking try to keep a smile on my face and wave to all those guys that made the right choice by going into the right Category.

My story makes yours sound like a stroll through the flower garden but i'm not going to tell it. Patience, patience, patience. Your in the right category finally.

Its just an illusion. King terminals rely on the servant terminals to fuel the big bellied scheduled drivers

ya and then when covenant, southern cal,crst, get their share out of pool, us broken down, good for nothng, xtra boarders get to pick up the crumbs LOL

So with 7 years of linehaul, why did u all sudden decide to make a change to the hub ? I have talked to several drivers that admitted they just wanted a change from the xtra board. Now with that being said, why should the rest us, who have played the game, the right way, and stayed in one catagory, have to give up our spots, because someone else, wants the best of both worlds ?? I was xtra board for 6 years, and finally got a shot at a schedual run, and ran it just shy of year. Driver above me lost his run, and bumped me out of mine. My choices were p@d, or utility. Ya I could of went to the city and been home everyday for a change, but chose utility, and was abused in that catagory, for just about another year. Xtra board spot came up and went back to xtra, and kept all linehaul senority. So again I ask, why should I give up my spot, after paying my dues, because someone else wants to flop around catagories, and have the best of both worlds ???

So with 7 years of linehaul, why did u all sudden decide to make a change to the hub ? I have talked to several drivers that admitted they just wanted a change from the xtra board. Now with that being said, why should the rest us, who have played the game, the right way, and stayed in one catagory, have to give up our spots, because someone else, wants the best of both worlds ?? I was xtra board for 6 years, and finally got a shot at a schedual run, and ran it just shy of year. Driver above me lost his run, and bumped me out of mine. My choices were p@d, or utility. Ya I could of went to the city and been home everyday for a change, but chose utility, and was abused in that catagory, for just about another year. Xtra board spot came up and went back to xtra, and kept all linehaul senority. So again I ask, why should I give up my spot, after paying my dues, because someone else wants to flop around catagories, and have the best of both worlds ???

Obviously you missed one of what I was saying before I left Linehaul because got tired of it and about lost my job because I was Linehaul when they let a bunch go, so went Utility then to a Hub run and well found out kinda like the exercise, its good to get off that seat sometimes.
Then they decide to cancel Hub runs change a Hub run back to Linehaul run, and I found myself with nothing to do but what was left over, so I am back to Linehaul and will get my time back and will bump somebody Next Year.
I think it comes down to I should have hired on with one of the other companies out there 11 years ago, the other 99% that do it by Road Board and City Board. Not by Category!!
By the way I am not just thinking about me!! This system here a Estes has screwed alot of other drivers also not just myself. I do think of others, unlike some at this company.

Obviously you missed one of what I was saying before I left Linehaul because got tired of it and about lost my job because I was Linehaul when they let a bunch go, so went Utility then to a Hub run and well found out kinda like the exercise, its good to get off that seat sometimes.
Then they decide to cancel Hub runs change a Hub run back to Linehaul run, and I found myself with nothing to do but what was left over, so I am back to Linehaul and will get my time back and will bump somebody Next Year.
I think it comes down to I should have hired on with one of the other companies out there 11 years ago, the other 99% that do it by Road Board and City Board. Not by Category!!
By the way I am not just thinking about me!! This system here a Estes has screwed alot of other drivers also not just myself. I do think of others, unlike some at this company.

So, again by jumping around three classes, looking for the best of two worlds, when most others stay in one class for reason, should get you special consideration ?? Rif was two years ago.... maybe you should walk across the parking lot and see what, standard forwarding,n@m transfere,or holland can offer you, because a company this size can not possibly make everyone happy 24/7