Central Transport | West Coast Closing Terminals

it's already june (6th mth and end of 2nd qtr) and this won't help the upcoming numbers. chris says it saves $3 mil, now it will only be a $12 mil loss in 3rd qtr. lmfao. give that man a bonus.

Not a chance....Texas economy is smoking hot right now....The D-FW and Houston area is an untapped region that could help save this company. Believe it or not our bill count has been going up rapidly. The new VP of sales is hiring right now. We had a meeting this morning and he said this will really help the company....He said the west was losing 3 million a month. He also said that the 60+ almost new tractors will start to move east and that will help greatly as well. He said that they can now start to focus on the Midwest and east. He could be laying down a bunch of cock and bull but he seemed well informed....He said Vitran was on track and they knew 2013 was going to be a bust....They knew when they started this it would take several years to turn around....He predicted 2014 to be Vitrans year....And before you start....I'm just the messenger so don't shoot the Train. Again I'm not saying I buy any of what he said. But he said it in a meeting today with most of our drivers.

ROFLMFAO, Yes Train, D-FW is hot, Vitran is not. We have exactly 3 terminals that service the entire state. And do recall that just over 3 months ago we cut out "full state pricing". That at least allowed us to compete with the big boys, now we cannot. Do you realize Train that SEFL does over 2000 outbound bills out of Dallas every day and they direct load every terminal every night? What do we do per night, maybe 350 bills at best. SEFL services 12 states, we now service 30 states, soon to be 25 states. FedEx does 2500 bills per night but they service all 48 states. Darrel Harris is feeding you a bunch of cock and bull , it started with us shutting down full state pricing coverage three months ago. FedEx, SEFL,SAIA, Central Freight, Conway, R&L,UPS, Central Transport, Estes, do not even consider us a competitor. We just retreaded from this state three months ago Train, quit drinking the cool-aid.

Just to set the record straight....I was drinking Crown Maple.....I was just repeating what Harris said. I never believed a single word. If you were in that meeting you heard his BS....I had to leave abruptly to take a sh**.....He got the message that the Train had heard enough.

train been running these tracks long enough to know he's being b.s.'d to. damage control at its finest here at vitran.

Chris Keylon.....The Spin Doctor at his best.

The article said $3 million a year, not a quarter. I mean it is still $3 million but this is no majic bullet in any form. My understanding when I heard it was $3 million a quarter.

This is $250,000 a quarter against a $16 million a quarter loss. That is 1/64 of our losses.

I spoke with Jared this am, he is back in Det. I asked him how his trip to San Fran went and he mentioned about the closing of the West coast terms. He did say that Vitran was able to find new employment for 85% of the drivers out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I spoke with Jared this am, he is back in Det. I asked him how his trip to San Fran went and he mentioned about the closing of the West coast terms. He did say that Vitran was able to find new employment for 85% of the drivers out there.

yeah, they gave the employees a heads up in time so they could get jobs. lol. management always paints a pretty picture.

well take it for what its worth, i still think getting 2 months notice is better than showing up to work and the gates are padlocked.

Its a nice gester...But they just open themselves up for theft and sabotage.

Last edited by a moderator:
85% my azz not one person out of Las Vegas has found another job yet. And we don't have to worry about theft out here we are not pulling much freight.