FedEx Freight | west is no longer going to be west

frt hauler

TB Veteran
Credits
was told this afternoon by our ccm that west go is going to be nomore it will all be run out of harrison ark just one big happy family.he said we are not going to close centers but the west Go some may lose their jobs,
can you imagine living in southern calif and have to move to harrison ark? now theres some change in culture :hysterical: from drag queens to andy and opie :hide:

was told this afternoon by our ccm that west go is going to be nomore it will all be run out of harrison ark just one big happy family.he said we are not going to close centers but the west Go some may lose their jobs,
can you imagine living in southern calif and have to move to harrison ark? now theres some change in culture :hysterical: from drag queens to andy and opie :hide:

They don't have drag queen's in arkansas?

I send my best wishes to all my friends
in California G. O.

Just a note to all there will be no wise cracks
permitted about the closing of the West G.O.

Smokestack

So what could this mean for the West? I mean, I'm sure we've been following the stupid policies from Harrison for some time.

Wonder what it means for the really big wigs out here? Like Mike Moss and Scot Bishop?

I know a woman in our HR department that Harrison can have.

But if anyone knows more about this, what could it mean to us low life hourly employees out here on the left side?

sad day

I knew it was coming. In the few phone calls to the big house over the last year different depts had already moved back east. There is some that got the option to transfer but most will lose their jobs. Thats alot of great people that have been around since the 80's. I don't see Scot B moving, to many years, bet he retires. Its sad for me, I have a lot of friends in San Jose. Best wishes and good luck to all of you....:sadwavey:

so are we all going to just be fxf and now will all the same rules and bennifits aply as well as pay and bonus system?

so are we all going to just be fxf and now will all the same rules and bennifits aply as well as pay and bonus system?

one big family jeep jerk no loss of centers just some of the jobs at west Go from what we were told it came down from memphis they said why have two General offices

From what I was told west CLC is gone to.Their dispatch will also be relocated.That was confirmed to me by my dispatcher in CLC.

The new SBO office is huge. They have a lot of empty space in the 2nd floor. No one is upstairs yet except a regional manager John H. A rumor I hear is the rest of the jobs not going to AR are going to be in San Bernardino(SBO). Its just a rumor.

Here's the deal---WEST is no MORE....as of Jan 1st 2009 they are closing the WEST G.O---

There is no more EAST and WEST. It will now be called FEDEX FREIGHT INC. Larry M will be PRES of FEDEX FREIGHT INC. Mr Moss will return to Harrison. About 300+ employees from the WEST G.O. are getting the AXE.

All Service Center Operations in the WEST will be called the Western Division--Mike Z will become VP of West Division.----About time they give him some respect!!

Here are the locations the Employees from the WEST G.O get to pick from--Harrison, Lakeland(National HQ), Memphis or Colorado Springs--to relocate and pick up a new job.

CLC is also going to be ran from Harrison as of JAN 1st 2009.

They lost the VP of HR and LINE HAUL.

You would need to go a bit further east to see Andy and Opie.

West Road and City?

How does the senority work for the west, is the city and road boards seperate like the east or is it one board. What is the policy as far as volunteer transfer from city to road or visa verse, do you go to the bottom and if you transfer to a nother center if driver needed do you go to the bottom?? And I guess now we will be able to transfer anywhere drivers are needed and not have to quit and get rehired. I just am curiuos how it is in the west?? Thanks! I'm sure the way it is now will change once all is united!:smilie_132:

The local and line bids are separate.

Transfer policy---if you transfer because you want to, you're at the bottom of the receiving SC's bid board. I'm not sure how the vacation bid works. I seem to remember that your company seniority takes it's place in the bid structure.

If you transfer to "help" out the company, you take your seniority place.

the sun still comes up in the east and sets in the west

When you get over the shock of having to change jobs and move....I'd like to welcome those that come to our beautiful state of Arkansas to work and live....:1036316054:

here in the east, if you want to transfer where there's a opening you go to the bottom of the list weather it's a road or city postion.now if you lose work to another barn you can follow the work and dovetail into that barn with your senority.i beleive someone was asking the question is that how it works in the west and if it doesn't who's rule are we going to follow.and now maybe the company will take the rest of the west trls and put the handle for the landing gear on the drivers side of the trailer,don't know why out in the west this was done that way,just thought maybe you guys were backwards, don't take it the wrong way just trying to be funning.

I hear west don't have shuttle runs, they only have line haul no dock? If this is true get ready to pound the patio.200 mile or less that way they can get rid of most dock worker and the shuttle becomes the biggest part of you dock force, you can't work over 8 hrs and run your run to get O/T. Good luck if this is true.