FedEx Freight | west is no longer going to be west

Break 19.... Thank You. Alrighty east children we all have been reading all your posts for quite some time. As you know most of us never responded. Because it was not worth our time in the west. You kids have all the answers. I just have one question. Pay attention kids. We'll forget about the lame equipment you guys have. Who's idea to model the 1st rate west after the poor mangement models of CWX etc.... Forget all that. When it comes to the term "ROAD DRIVER" how does that fit in on the dock? Kids the dock is for dockworkers. not Road Drivers. Someone obviously has you fellas fooled. I'm certain you kids have some serious pallet jack skills, not to mention all the cross dock hand truckin' you kids do. Where do you kids put your C.B. and how do you guys log droping freight from one trailer to another. Getrdone does your handle come from loading trailers? Because that's what we tell our dockworkers. Get R done, getrdone! So we can get on the road!
I mount my rooster crusin cb just above me with a 5 and a half foot francis and 18 foot coax good buddy.you would really like my pallet jack,i have LED chicken lights and it's all cromed out,look pretty sharp.if you want to look like a real trucker i will let you borrow it when i'm vacation 10-4.

:chairshot:tripper 187, I have to agree with you. I have friends in eastern states. They have told me about all the sad publicity or accidents they've seen on the highways involving our equipment. Not to mention the accident that played on the national news over and over and over again for at least a week. Very bad publicity. When fatigue become a part of the job, lives are at stake. Accidents will happen unfortunately but we have noticed an outragous amount posted on youtube, CNN, NBC, CBS, and all other forms of media steming out of the east. Nobody wants to see anyone hurt or killed. You fellas just need to wear one hat or another. Either a dockwork's or a Road Driver's. Enough said.
Like i said before, it's not the dockwork,it's not getting proper rest at home instead of being on the computer on truckingboards or watching p*on when you should be sleeping.if you got proper rest dockwork doesn't affect you.

I'm from the east and i will agree with you on the hazmat paperwork,always stapled together incorrect,6 out of 10 time i get hazmat,i'm always having to get it corrected.don't take it for granted that the red sheet is correct and the sup. is correct,always check the the shipping papers first because it's on you when you leave that gate.god forbid nothing happens to any of us,but like i said,you leave and your hazmat paperwork is wrong,it's your a-s. very good and serious post KINGPIN.
I am a former east that was given to the west during the overlap.If you honestly believe the west does no wrong you are out of your mind.I have had to correct HM just as much now as ever.It has nothing to do with the division you are in,it is the man that brings you the trailers and HM paperwork.As far as the bills go,the drivers out here that depend on sups to write the HM on the white enevolopes better make sure they know what they are doing.They are not always right nor is it always written on there.I will say the stapling has to stop,and the drivers out here are not always the most knowledgeable on HM.It all goes back in the end to the dispatchers,supervisors,dock before the driver ever sees it:1036316054:.So that is three people that see it before the driver ,that should know what they are doing before you can even point a finger at a driver.In the end it is all education and BOTH divisions are lacking.Dont fool yourself into thinking its just one area.

Like i said before, it's not the dockwork,it's not getting proper rest at home instead of being on the computer on truckingboards or watching p*on when you should be sleeping.if you got proper rest dockwork doesn't affect you.
AMEN!!!If everyone is all bent over safety and not causing accidents,GO HOME AND GO TO BED AND QUIT Gripping.Dockwork does not make you unsafe,not getting proper rest does.We all have an obligation to do our job well rested and ready to perform.Not half a$$,4-5hrs of sleep.You are ultimately the one who can make the call as to your condition when you arrive at work.Unfortunately if you choose to report to work ,not in the right state of mind,whether it be tired,a long night of sitting up and finding fault with stuff you have no control over,YOU are to blame not the company for making you do your job.

Well ...first of all I like to tell SDO Kingpin that I am not a kid anymore ...It would be nice but...... second I would like to say if the east has so many junk (dead line trailers) out in the west ....why don't you fix them and send them back ...don't you have a shop ? we fix you stuff ....and since we are talking about ...stuff ...(I had to throw some george carlin in ....stuff ..:hysterical:) who has the most stuff...west..east ..or FEDEX ...FEDEX would be my guess ....Its sad to see so many posters from the west unhappy ...are there not any happy surfer dudes out there ???? .....there used to be when I was there in the very early 70s ...no I didn't say flower people ...they were up north, I was down south by NIXIONs pad ...I don't know what going to happen any more than you do to our drivers out west (I sorry dock hands also) ....its going to happen to us also .....I'd bet that in 20 years FEDEX will still be giving out paychecks on friday ........:sheep: ...and you can take that to the bank....:1036316054:

Well ...first of all I like to tell SDO Kingpin that I am not a kid anymore ...It would be nice but...... second I would like to say if the east has so many junk (dead line trailers) out in the west ....why don't you fix them and send them back ...don't you have a shop ? we fix you stuff ....and since we are talking about ...stuff ...(I had to throw some george carlin in ....stuff :) who has the most stuff...west..east ..or FEDEX ...FEDEX would be my guess ....Its sad to see so many posters from the west unhappy ...are there not any happy surfer dudes out there ???? .....there used to be when I was there in the very early 70s ...no I didn't say flower people ...they were up north, I was down south by NIXIONs pad ...I don't know what going to happen any more than you do to our drivers out west (I sorry dock hands also) ....its going to happen to us also .....I'd bet that in 20 years FEDEX will still be giving out paychecks on friday ........:sheep: ...and you can take that to the bank....:1036316054:

slackdragon :1036316054:

The reason that the East P trailers keep getting stacked up on the deadline fence is that our mechanics are not allowed to do any major repairs besides little stuff like changing flat tires or air leaks. Most other major repairs like welding the frame rails or rear axle suspension back to the frame has to be done by outside vendors. Now I think that they are having a freeze on capital improvements so we don't see too many outside vendors.
Hopefully after the 1st of the year when it is all run from HRO, then our shop will be paid for worked done on any trailer or congear.
Since most of the old Monan trailers are held together with chewing gum and bailing wire, we are hoping that they will just replace these old rusted trailers with new ones coming in.

:smilie_132:

slackdragon :1036316054:

The reason that the East P trailers keep getting stacked up on the deadline fence is that our mechanics are not allowed to do any major repairs besides little stuff like changing flat tires or air leaks. Most other major repairs like welding the frame rails or rear axle suspension back to the frame has to be done by outside vendors. Now I think that they are having a freeze on capital improvements so we don't see too many outside vendors.
Hopefully after the 1st of the year when it is all run from HRO, then our shop will be paid for worked done on any trailer or congear.
Since most of the old Monan trailers are held together with chewing gum and bailing wire, we are hoping that they will just replace these old rusted trailers with new ones coming in.

Have no fear new trailers are already out there:1036316054:.I have pulled several p 20,000 series in the past weeks.

Just to clear things up,fl is right,smaller runs do work the dock.i don't have to work the dock because i'm on a 500 mile hubturn run.central dispatch prefers us not to,i don't work it every day but when my scm or sups. call me and ask if i can come in and help them out and i do if they give me enough time to get ready.you see there's nothing wrong with helping someone out and doing a little extra for someone and maybe that someone will be there for you when you need it.i know some of you will say that someone is the company, just remember the next time you are waiting at the hub or at a meet point angry because that someone didn't want to help out and got out late and now you are delayed. look i'm not saying anyone has to be like me or has to work the dock,you all do what you want, i like this company and i plan on staying here until i retire.like i said i don't work the dock all the time but when my center needs help all they have to do is call and i'm there.just being a team player.i know someone will have a smart a-s coment about me saying i'm a team player but go ahead i can take it.

Just to clear things up,fl is right,smaller runs do work the dock.i don't have to work the dock because i'm on a 500 mile hubturn run.central dispatch prefers us not to,i don't work it every day but when my scm or sups. call me and ask if i can come in and help them out and i do if they give me enough time to get ready.you see there's nothing wrong with helping someone out and doing a little extra for someone and maybe that someone will be there for you when you need it.i know some of you will say that someone is the company, just remember the next time you are waiting at the hub or at a meet point angry because that someone didn't want to help out and got out late and now you are delayed. look i'm not saying anyone has to be like me or has to work the dock,you all do what you want, i like this company and i plan on staying here until i retire.like i said i don't work the dock all the time but when my center needs help all they have to do is call and i'm there.just being a team player.i know someone will have a smart a-s coment about me saying i'm a team player but go ahead i can take it.

J-L :1036316054:

So if you come in to work the dock, and you have a 500 mile run, how many hours can you safely put in on the dock without running the risk of bumping against your 14 hour window. If you spend 2 hours on the dock and then you go to your meet and your other guy that you meet had a flat tire and got delayed for a couple of hours and then you get delayed on the way back due to a road closure due to an accident or snow blizzard.

Huh?

:TR10driving03::tongue0015::wtflol:What is a scm or sups? That's my point. We are speaking two different languages here.
Not only we are speaking two different languages, we have not been given any information as to what changes your management has for us. Our TPM'S FLC'S and all other management are in the dark as well. They know nothing. Obviously we are going to be led by Ol' CWX bosses, ideas, gate times? and other things we've never even heard of before.
When you wait at a turn point or meet and ONEbreaks down it makes TWO driver's late..right? That sort of stuff is non effective out here. Matched up with some other kinda dispatching out here meets, turns, dockwork scm or sups it's gona be a disaster, we are still in the dark out here. Talk to Fredee see if he can get us some info!
Oh and to the rest of you kids KMA.
THANK YOU

J-L :1036316054:

So if you come in to work the dock, and you have a 500 mile run, how many hours can you safely put in on the dock without running the risk of bumping against your 14 hour window. If you spend 2 hours on the dock and then you go to your meet and your other guy that you meet had a flat tire and got delayed for a couple of hours and then you get delayed on the way back due to a road closure due to an accident or snow blizzard.

river17 just to point this out he said hub turn (more trailers ready)which is different than a meet at a truck stop somewhere ...also doing a turn daily returning to our start point we can do 16hrs once a week ...which is not fun ..because you can not make you start time the next day (10hr rule) ...

What is a scm or sups? That's my point. We are speaking two different languages here.
Not only we are speaking two different languages, we have not been given any information as to what changes your management has for us. Our TPM'S FLC'S and all other management are in the dark as well. They know nothing. Obviously we are going to be led by Ol' CWX bosses, ideas, gate times? and other things we've never even heard of before.
When you wait at a turn point or meet and ONEbreaks down it makes TWO driver's late..right? That sort of stuff is non effective out here. Matched up with some other kinda dispatching out here meets, turns, dockwork scm or sups it's gona be a disaster, we are still in the dark out here. Talk to Fredee see if he can get us some info!
Oh and to the rest of you kids KMA.
THANK YOU
Well ...first of all its OUR MANAGEMENT ...yours and mine ...if its going to be a disaster for you why don't you lighten up or take your attitude and go somewhere else because if you are still here ..whats the saying ..MAKE YOU LIKE IT .....I know being in the dark is not fun....we went threw this same stuff several years ago (it started changing in 1996) ....and we are a better company for it ....give it a chance ...its all you have..if you stay ...

OH btw since I'm not your redheaded stepchild ..I don't have to KYA ....:butt kiss:

And you make a good point ..two different languages ...thats why FEDEX is taking the little company (you) and adding it to the big company (us)....:smilie_132:

Our Management?? Yeah right----We didn't Pick MOSS!! When a group or department moves to fedex freight system---WHY is it that they take one of the EAST VP's and just move them over to SYSTEM.

Ask yourself this question---Why would anyone want to stay with fedex?
This is for the folks who work in the west.

There is no VPEP, No end of the year bonus, Benefits are going to change to EAST benefits Jan 1st-2009.

What's next? Anyone ever look and see how many VP's we have under Duncan?

How about the guy who's taking VP of Line Haul? Is he going to do away with the 90 day bit inspections out in the west? Cut our shop employees---YES EMPLOYEES not associates---This is not WAL MART!!

Next thing you know they will start cutting all the full time employees to part time---they just cut the part timers to supplemental--(now they are on a call in when needed schedule).

I got your faith in the future----HANGING!!!

Attitude is everything--Well did your granddaddy tell you when you were a little boy that you were going to cut out 320 employees jobs?

YOUR QUESTION TOOL MULLET----------------------------------------
Our Management?? Yeah right----We didn't Pick MOSS!! When a group or department moves to fedex freight system---WHY is it that they take one of the EAST VP's and just move them over to SYSTEM.
ANSWER
That is the question Mullet. Trim the hair around your ears. We dont understand it either. Why they take ex conway management instead of our people is beyond us too.

YOUR QUESTION BONUSES

There is no VPEP, No end of the year bonus, Benefits are going to change to EAST benefits Jan 1st-2009.
ANSWER
Because out west we were so productive for so long we ALWAYS got bonuses, 11 out of 12 months.
Since the new switch to old cwx's management we now enjoy LOOSING 20%
of our bonuses last year and now this year! CWX management did that to their employees back in the last 80's. The same thing.
You guys dont know what your missing, if you never had it.
YOUR QUESTION
ANSWER
We dont know who's in charge. Nobody has any answers quiz kid! Do you?
Obviously Tool Mullet you dont have the answers either. Go back and sit down.

I'm not worried about what make of truck I drive or what trailers I pull. If they want me to work the dock that's their mistake. I am a terrible dock worker but I'll give it another try. My biggest complaints are that we are not being informed about what changes are coming. Without knowing what going on we are left to speculate and rumours are flying left and right. I also would like to know if we are going to all meets and turns and eliminate our lays. This would cost me a lot of money in increased fuel costs. With the lays I only have to drive to and from work 2 or 3 times a week. With a turn I would have to make the trip 5 times a week. Since I live 60 miles from work this would be a big cost increase. I would also lose a substantial tax deduction doing turns. I also don,t understand the reasoning for not running weekends. Not every one wants to have weekends off. I hate having weekends off. Every where You go on the weekends is busy and crowded. Give me time off during the week and I'm happy. Most of all i would like better communication about the changes coming down the pike so we can make the necessary decisions and changes in our lives without being rushed.

YOUR QUESTION TOOL MULLET----------------------------------------
ANSWER
That is the question Mullet. Trim the hair around your ears. We dont understand it either. Why they take ex conway management instead of our people is beyond us too.

YOUR QUESTION BONUSES

ANSWER
Because out west we were so productive for so long we ALWAYS got bonuses, 11 out of 12 months.
Since the new switch to old cwx's management we now enjoy LOOSING 20%
of our bonuses last year and now this year! CWX management did that to their employees back in the last 80's. The same thing.
You guys dont know what your missing, if you never had it.
YOUR QUESTION
ANSWER
We dont know who's in charge. Nobody has any answers quiz kid! Do you?
Obviously Tool Mullet you dont have the answers either. Go back and sit down.

Hey, SDO Kingpin(head), take a chill pill the mullets on our side.

I don't mind WALKING to the other side to roll down my landing gear, is it really that hard to do? I'd rather WALK to the 'wrong side' and roll down my landing gear than pull 'P'oor Equipment. I would sure like to know how much of our 'crap equipment' is Deadlined in your yards, I bet NONE because judging by the equipment the East sends out your managment doesn't have any problem having their drivers pull anything that has a wooden wheel or mismatched tires, loose bolts, rusted cracked frames etc!!! With all the 'P' trailers that are deadlined in the West yards we could start a cra'P' trucking fleet in Mexico! Have you seen Mexican trucks? I think they might actually use East equipment!!!:hysterical: But as a sidenote we are getting new trailers with the landing gear cranks and fifth wheel releases on the 'correct side'. With our old tractors, trailers and congears we had everything as you'd like to say on the 'wrong side' the fifth wheel release and so forth were on the other side, its only as of 2001 we started getting trucks and trailers and congears with the everything on the 'correct side'. Out of pure curiousity who designates which is the 'correct side' or not?

I know who suggested the equipment specs. It was one of those hang-belly bubbas with the grease smear on his t-shirt that just happens to match up with his steering wheel. To have to actually walk around to the other side of the set would take too much effort and possibly cause a cardiac event.

Well said grtdone.nothing wrong with a little hard work. you know what i do, i'm on a 500 mile hubturn and it doesn't bother me to chip in and work the dock at my barn,and the extra money means more ribs and beer.I'M NOT LAZY.
I'm not lazy either, but- 544 miles with one drop building a train and several mountain passes in 55 mph states---------helping out on the dock is not very high on my list of priorites. Oh and then in the winter---I get to chain up. I like snow. I like chaining up. I like what I get to wear when I chain up.

I'm not lazy either, but- 544 miles with one drop building a train and several mountain passes in 55 mph states---------helping out on the dock is not very high on my list of priorites. Oh and then in the winter---I get to chain up. I like snow. I like chaining up. I like what I get to wear when I chain up.
I see your point,you got a lot going on.i wasn't implying that people are lazy if you have a long run and you don't work the dock, sorry to who or whom i offended, it was uncalled of me to be judgemental.i understand about being in the dark as to not knowing what to expect when you guys don't know what rules to expect.maybe your runs will stay and your biding will go from one time a year to twice like us i don't know,but don't let some of the east negative on here worry you.As for working the dock and incountering a problem and being up against my 14,has happen,I made a call to dispatch and they extended me 2 hour doesn't happen all the time,it makes for long day.And for the language or codes we use here in the east. scm=sevice center manager/terminal manager. sups=inbound/outbound redshirts. once again sorry for the remarks.

river17 just to point this out he said hub turn (more trailers ready)which is different than a meet at a truck stop somewhere ...also doing a turn daily returning to our start point we can do 16hrs once a week ...which is not fun ..because you can not make you start time the next day (10hr rule) ...
On a meet you are right,but like i said i go to a hub and 95 percent of the time i can turn and burn or i'm ready after my lunch.normal day for me 10.5 hour with no dock. with dock when i do help add 1.5.yes on a meet i wouldn't recomend working the dock, because you are right,you don't know what your meet guy will encounter.