Central Transport | West Trucks?

runawaytrain

Wear their scorn with pride.
Credits
We got a couple so far. But I wonder where the bulk of them are going? Have you guys been seeing them at your terminal? The ones we got are Freightliners and were beat to $hit but maintenance got them going and they have turned out to be pretty good trucks so far.

There actually weren't a lot of trucks out there. There wereonly five or six terminals. The other two or three were not vitran run terminals.

We got a couple so far. But I wonder where the bulk of them are going? Have you guys been seeing them at your terminal? The ones we got are Freightliners and were beat to $hit but maintenance got them going and they have turned out to be pretty good trucks so far.
I've seen alot of them being piggybacked across I-70 toward KC with the Vitran name/logo taped up and a drive-away company sign on the doors It'd be my guess that they were being sold,probably not what you wanted to hear,some of the units were pretty late model Internationals.All of this took place almost a month ago.

6-9 of them went through Toledo within the last month or so. Garage went over them before turning them loose. Not sure where they all ended up. I think some were 310 and 311 series and some looked like scrap iron. Also had a large number of dollies, to many for the amount of pups in their yard so maybe they were trucked in. Pulled a 53' van back to FTW the other night that was inspected in LVS in July-13, so those west trl's must be working their way back east.

Det got a couple SWE single axles, know one is getting regular use, heard the other one s*cks. I think another one is a 311. The mechanic has a list of about 6-7 older trucks to go on the auction block.

Det got a couple SWE single axles, know one is getting regular use, heard the other one s*cks. I think another one is a 311. The mechanic has a list of about 6-7 older trucks to go on the auction block.

Which I don't understand. The motor cores are worth 6-8K, the diff cores are worth 1600 and the tranny cores go for 600+, spend a little time to strip them down and they get a lot more then the $1200 at auction.

I've seen alot of them being piggybacked across I-70 toward KC with the Vitran name/logo taped up and a drive-away company sign on the doors It'd be my guess that they were being sold,probably not what you wanted to hear,some of the units were pretty late model Internationals.All of this took place almost a month ago.
I would say they were probably being repo'd but they wouldn't just take a few, they would have took them all.

Which I don't understand. The motor cores are worth 6-8K, the diff cores are worth 1600 and the tranny cores go for 600+, spend a little time to strip them down and they get a lot more then the $1200 at auction.
this is vitran, a place where nothing makes sense.

the company that steps over a $1000 bill to pick up a penny

100 dollar bill is the largest bill the U.S. mint prints. They step over a stack of 100 dollars bills.....FYI.

HBG had five come thru about four weeks ago,they got sent further east. Had four more come in freightliners come in two weeks ago that were keeping

Vitran hired a contractor to bring those units east. I saw them unhooking them a few weeks ago at one of our hubs,"what an operation that was" you ever see a mini van being launched off a ramp attached to a fifth wheel on a piggy backed tractor? Vitran doesn't even own some of the newer units, my truck has Navistar on the registration as the owner. We have seen probably a dozen west coast trucks here in the upper midwest, most are in pretty good shape with low miles. Freightshakers, Binders and a couple of tandem axle Macks

of course, everything that's nice is leased. vitran does'nt own anything that is nice. they get one loan to pay off the other loan. lmao.