Central Transport | We've been reading your post!

Ok, i'll be the one to say it... We can all compare equipment, pay, benefits and what Manny owns and does not own all we want. We can debate this for days on end (which we have) but what matters is putting food on the table, not a pissing contest between the type of equipment we all now share. Want to know why im not complaining about either side? Because im making the right choice for my family and looking elsewhere. You can read into it how you want, but what goes on in MY household is what really matters. Im not saying that CT or Vitran doesn't matter or doesn't effect our home life, but who's choice is it to make it better? It's ours. We can be a slave to our own negativity or we can rise above it and create a better future. The choice is yours...I have to look into my childrens eyes each day and setting the example. I know some of you are like whatever about this, but look at the bigger picture here. Things could be a lot worse you know. Look at the drivers and dock workers who have lost their lives to this trade. Do you think those who dont have a husband or wife now care about the things we bicker over? No. We are only on this earth once. That's it. Just once. So when you post negative things think about what really matters. If you are unhappy at your job, leave it. No one is holding a gun to your head to stay. Im sure you have heard that a time or two in your life. Yea Vitran lost money, yea CT has crappy health care blah blah blah. Ever wonder why you cant land those great jobs? Maybe it your attitude towards life in general outside of this website. Think about that.

Ok, i'll be the one to say it... We can all compare equipment, pay, benefits and what Manny owns and does not own all we want. We can debate this for days on end (which we have) but what matters is putting food on the table, not a pissing contest between the type of equipment we all now share. Want to know why im not complaining about either side? Because im making the right choice for my family and looking elsewhere. You can read into it how you want, but what goes on in MY household is what really matters. Im not saying that CT or Vitran doesn't matter or doesn't effect our home life, but who's choice is it to make it better? It's ours. We can be a slave to our own negativity or we can rise above it and create a better future. The choice is yours...I have to look into my childrens eyes each day and setting the example. I know some of you are like whatever about this, but look at the bigger picture here. Things could be a lot worse you know. Look at the drivers and dock workers who have lost their lives to this trade. Do you think those who dont have a husband or wife now care about the things we bicker over? No. We are only on this earth once. That's it. Just once. So when you post negative things think about what really matters. If you are unhappy at your job, leave it. No one is holding a gun to your head to stay. Im sure you have heard that a time or two in your life. Yea Vitran lost money, yea CT has crappy health care blah blah blah. Ever wonder why you cant land those great jobs? Maybe it your attitude towards life in general outside of this website. Think about that.

The venting is a coping mechanism and is part of the process. Relax it will be ok. Just let them vent.

I knocked on Pjax's door, dealt with Vitrans door, now have to make the decision to walk thru Centrals door, after all the years of listening to Central drivers i'm still not sure that's a door i want to open. Maybe one of their drivers can tell me, are they still making you guys sign a paper evey time you cost the company money? and if so do you sign a paper showing how much you made the company? not trying to be a smart *** just wanting to know.

It's purpose it's supposed to be to grade driver & (now) dockworker productivity, ie. Stops per hour and handling units per hour. No big deal unless you are completely worthless, at which point they can write you up for poor job performance, which can lead to you getting **** canned(I've yet to see anyone canned form this, but times are changing).

sent from my Crifftastic $3

P&D used to be a great job, you would go out do your 20+ stops no one bothered you. Now your micro managed doing 15 stops an working twice as hard. Maybe it's time this old man found some gravy drop an hook run.

Yup, still have the P&L sheets. In the time I've been there I've never heard of them coming up in a disciplinary action. Mostly we just use them as personal data to track hours worked that day.

You extend an olive branch, what a bunch of BS....It obvious you know very little about this business....if you want good safe drivers with a great CSA score and 20+ years safe driving you must pay a competitive wage. Or you get incompetent morons like you that can't put a sentence together or spell. Who started this damn thread you freaking idiot?
This retort is to the mighty "runaway stain"and his follower's that believe what he say is the gospel about vitrans "great" and I repeat great CSA scores. Now I'll be the first to say cti's is in the toilet. Their among the worst in the business,if not the worst. Now let me list those "great" vitran scores,that you hold on to with glowing and warm endearment. These are the semi annual scores from 6/24/2011 to 9/27/2013
Unsafe driving- 25%-38%
Hours of service- 31-39

Cont. Driver fitness 27-46 vehicle maintenance 78-86 and controlled substance and alcohol 21-43. This is hardly anything to stick your chest out about! Your in the gutter just like us.

Cont. Driver fitness 27-46 vehicle maintenance 78-86 and controlled substance and alcohol 21-43. This is hardly anything to stick your chest out about! Your in the gutter just like us.

Why continue to agitate? Just go back to the CT board before you get a 1-day ban.

I'm not trying to agitate anyone. But when a guy calls me an idiot,and says I don't know the business?and then say his company has a great CSA score.I'll check to see if he knows what he's talking about or if he's blowing smoke!
You said I should go to the ct board before I get a day ban. Funny thing is I'm on the ct board! ban me for what?

This retort is to the mighty "runaway stain"and his follower's that believe what he say is the gospel about vitrans "great" and I repeat great CSA scores. Now I'll be the first to say cti's is in the toilet. Their among the worst in the business,if not the worst. Now let me list those "great" vitran scores,that you hold on to with glowing and warm endearment. These are the semi annual scores from 6/24/2011 to 9/27/2013
Unsafe driving- 25%-38%
Hours of service- 31-39
I encourage you to continue posting and saying what's on your mind. I won't engage in a pissing contest with you however. Vitran is way down there as well and I never said they weren't, I simply implied that we have some good drivers that have a good score. The "runaway stain" remark is just showing us that you are bitter and angry at our little exchange. I'm willing to let it go and move forward and I hope you can do the same. Things will always get heated at times but learning to be civil is an real asset in this life. I like dialogue that has passion and fire because it serves to get to the heart of the real issues. I hope you can rise above the negative emotion you have for me personally and see the big picture. I'm not your enemy. I'm just a man that's trying to find a better way of life. We all want to be accepted for who and what we are. I always try to be an optimist...If it wasn't for the optimist, the pessimist would never know how happy he wasn't. Let it go, things get said in the heat of battle....You got to move on.

I encourage you to continue posting and saying what's on your mind. I won't engage in a pissing contest with you however. Vitran is way down there as well and I never said they weren't, I simply implied that we have some good drivers that have a good score. The "runaway stain" remark is just showing us that you are bitter and angry at our little exchange. I'm willing to let it go and move forward and I hope you can do the same. Things will always get heated a times but learning to be civil is an real asset in this life. I like dialogue that has passion and fire because it serves to get to the heart of the real issues. I hope you can rise above the negative emotion you have for me personally and see the big picture. I'm not your enemy. I'm just a man that's trying to find a better way of life. We all want to be accepted for who and what we are. I always try to be an optimist...If it wasn't for the optimist, the pessimist would never know how happy he wasn't. Let it go, things get said in the heat of battle....You got to move on.
OK runaway we'll start fresh,no more name calling I'm man enough to put water under the bridge.

We all are under pressure now because of the uncertainty. Many of us sadly will probably lose our jobs with this integration. I can't stand it when a man loses his job and the ability to support his family. Our pride and self-esteem often takes a hit in a job loss. I am an optimist, but I'm also a realist. The rich keep getting richer while we often times are sacrificed. Both CT and Vitran workers are victims of Corporate greed. Capitalism is alive and well. Sorry, I just had to go there.