ABF | What a bunch of B.S.!

Unfortunately we have no choice but to suck it up but moving on might not be so easy. The full ramifications of the garbage pail they call our contract have not been fully experienced and may not be for a while yet. Right off the starting block it becomes obvious that those of us who were opposed to this new contract were right. Now let's see what more comes our way. BTW Stoney, I hope you and all others like that new 401k that you just got rammed with (if you participate in it). I know I'm not enjoying the experience one bit. And the cherry on top is that five year era that it covers. Stay tuned I'm sure there is more to come.

I always said I perfer a 401k over a pension. And I still stand by it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The $60 million being saved per year in our new contract will cover most of the $80million in PROJECTED capital expenditures in 2014

BINGO....we have a winner. That's the point! If ABF had exercised their normal equipment purchases in 2013...their losses would have been significant. Ya know, after reading several of the post on this message board....I'm starting to come around with this rational thinking stuff. Being "the victim" is starting to feel good. Yea.....I like being the victim. Yea....those bastard owe me! I'm now on board guys. Sorry for my misguided state of confusion. Who needs profits to stay in business. Those profit and loss statements filed with the SEC and signed by the CEO in the last five years are all B.S . Union company's aren't the same as non union company's. Our accounting is all different. The only reason the other 300 unionized trucking company's went out of business is because...because...well because they just wanted to screw the unionized working man. Yea...that's the ticket. Note to self: kick the family dog before I walk out the door tonight. GAWD.

I always said I perfer a 401k over a pension. And I still stand by it.

And how do you feel about your 401k being rolled over to the Teamsters 401k plan? I am not happy about it.

I'm a 25 year teamster. My dad is a retired 33 year teamster. I've never been accused of "not being a worker." Thank you for the kind words.
I would guess that your father and his family enjoyed a good prosperous life given the times in which he was employed in the freight industry. I would not be surprised if mom stayed home and raise the family, there were two good cars in the driveway and you enjoyed family vacations. Maybe even had a vacation home of his own either at the shore or in the mountains. I wouldn't be surprise if he retired with a comfortable pension. But yes times have changed.
BINGO....we have a winner. That's the point! If ABF had exercised their normal equipment purchases in 2013...their losses would have been significant. Ya know, after reading several of the post on this message board....I'm starting to come around with this rational thinking stuff. Being "the victim" is starting to feel good. Yea.....I like being the victim. Yea....those bastard owe me! I'm now on board guys. Sorry for my misguided state of confusion. Who needs profits to stay in business. Those profit and loss statements filed with the SEC and signed by the CEO in the last five years are all B.S . Union company's aren't the same as non union company's. Our accounting is all different. The only reason the other 300 unionized trucking company's went out of business is because...because...well because they just wanted to screw the unionized working man. Yea...that's the ticket. Note to self: kick the family dog before I walk out the door tonight. GAWD.
For 25 years as a Teamster you seem to miss out on a lot of what goes on. How many of those years are at ABF if I may ask? The company has a history of begging the workers for economic relief that goes back at least into the 1980's. The rank and file has said, "no", every time until this one and the company survived and thrived. I believe that we all know that the company has to survive and prosper in order for us to benefit from it, that is a no-brainer. However, the extent of the relief that was given here exceeds what I feel the company needed (and I am not alone). Furthermore, there are language changes there were not necessary and now we have the pleasure of being surveiled every minute that we are on the job. FYI, to my knowledge ABF is the only company you can work for and not get a week's vacation for over two (2) years. Yes, it will be over two (2) years for those folks because they will not even be eligible for two years then they have to find a week that is available to them.
In closing I'll just add that the other unionized trucking companies went out of business due to poor business models, poor management and yes, even just plain corporate greed. They got bled to death but the upper management.

Most drivers run around here saying " abf owes me this... Abf owes me that... " just maybe they'll let you in on it. The negativity is doing nothing for yourself abfer.Chill out and let it run its course

All the time I have worked here I still have never heard anyone say that ABF OWES ME!!! Sounds to me like you just like making things up to justify yet another stupid post... I still don't believe you are a ABF Teamster, most of your post just don't make sense!!!

I'm a 25 year teamster. My dad is a retired 33 year teamster. I've never been accused of "not being a worker." Thank you for the kind words.

Just because Ones dad may have been a good teamster sure don't mean the son is... It don't matter if you are a 1st, 2nd, or a 3rd generation Teamster. Its who you are and what you stand for...

Your right ABFer he does sound like typical management!!!

If you disagree bonehead, your an automatic manager. Can't have a difference of opinion. Some are having trouble adjusting to the present market place of Ltl. It'll never be the same and will never get better. And it's still pretty damn good here.

If you disagree bonehead, your an automatic manager. Can't have a difference of opinion. Some are having trouble adjusting to the present market place of Ltl. It'll never be the same and will never get better. And it's still pretty damn good here.
You agree with him because you need a friend....

All the time I have worked here I still have never heard anyone say that ABF OWES ME!!! Sounds to me like you just like making things up to justify yet another stupid post... I still don't believe you are a ABF Teamster, most of your post just don't make sense!!!

You basically have. You called ABF greedy for simply looking out for their best interest and not yours.

And how do you feel about your 401k being rolled over to the Teamsters 401k plan? I am not happy about it.

Time will tell if it's a good deal or not. Whats the difference between the two?
Besides is that really happening?

I love tough talk from the drones online! Lol!

It's not about having balls. It's about sucking it up and moving on. Stop crying like a little bi.....well you know.

Stoney don't forget to wipe your chin after you get your check

Wow that's original! Lol

You never called ABF greedy?

I called them greedy with the 1st giveback try, if they went with 10% instead of 15% it might have flew.....you fight with so many people you can't keep track....

I called them greedy with the 1st giveback try, if they went with 10% instead of 15% it might have flew.....you fight with so many people you can't keep track....

What was greedy about the 15%?

What was greedy about the 15%?

In my OPINION it was to much for the condition they were in as most of us though that. They got less then half that this time & they are ecstatic about that among other things....

In my OPINION it was to much for the condition they were in as most of us though that. They got less then half that this time & they are ecstatic about that among other things....

That doesn't answer my question. Why was it greedy?

We're making 23.05 over here just ordered another 2500 frightliners......life is good. You should come on over to the other side, not as bad as some think!:1sm057crazy:

That doesn't answer my question. Why was it greedy?

Any normal person could see I answered it, but you being you I expect that . You are the great debater, at least that's how that news article led us to believe.....remember that?