Estes | What a bunch of cry babies...

Barstow

TB Lurker
Credits
It sure is amazing how many cry babies we have working here, Every time it gets close to bid time, You all come out of the wood work. Why dont you just growup and do your job and quit *****en. It's not going to do you any good, Big E is going to do what they thank is best for the company......Thats just my view on the whole bid thing..10-4:shift: PEACE OUT!!!

Wow, all I can say is I'm glad you don't work out my barn.
I wonder how loud you would holler if they changed the west to never bump bid at all.
That's what we have in the east now in case you don't know.
Don't think it could'nt happen big boy.

cry babies

its a good thing us cry babies came along and bought g. i. out they probably would not be in business now. who would be crying then. PEACE BACK AT YA!!!!

its a good thing us cry babies came along and bought g. i. out they probably would not be in business now. who would be crying then. PEACE BACK AT YA!!!!
first of all you did not buy out anything and I'm sure that if Mr. E had not seen some kind of value in GI he never would have made the purchase but I am glad that you are such a prophet that you could predict the demise of a profitable company that you know nothing about.

1-800-< cry-baby>

:eck13: The only reason MR.E bought out GI is because he wanted the operating authority an the accounts so he could cover the west coast too.Besides GI was a LOSING compay until MR.E reached down into the bottom of that ::shit:: hole and pulled ya up and gave ya LIFE agian. YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL HE SAVED YA.:ranting2:

:eck13: The only reason MR.E bought out GI is because he wanted the operating authority an the accounts so he could cover the west coast too.Besides GI was a LOSING compay until MR.E reached down into the bottom of that ::shit:: hole and pulled ya up and gave ya LIFE agian. YOU SHOULD BE THANKFUL HE SAVED YA.:ranting2:

Well,you're half right.

cry baby

the first time i went to the houston terminal after estes saved there jobs, i thought what a dump. now look at it all paved yard extended the dock. why did not g. i. do that if they were so profitable. also i drove for central frt. out of n.o. for ten years going to central houston terminal and i never knew a company called g. i. ever exested. never heard of anyone mention them!!

I would think that a man as wise as you think you are could at least spell a little better and have better grammar than you exhibit in this post. You see you made my argument for me without even realizing it unless you think that the operating authority and accounts had no value. Also according to your very own Mr. Junior he placed some value in retaining employees seeing that they went to considerable expense to keep the existing employees at their pay rates instead of firing everyone and making them rehire as they did when they took over the southwest which I do admit was where GI lost money (as well as Estes did for some time). GI had plenty of shortcomings (mainly equipment and some facilities) but it was one of the premier ltl carriers on the west coast for many years despite those shortcomings just the same as I believe that E has some fine qualities of it&quot;s own. I do hope and pray that all of you that find the need to be so openly angry and hostile towards an entity that no longer even exists find a path in life that contains a spiritual aspect that will help you to find a more peaceful existence without the need to lash out with anger but maybe to debate with some thoughtful foresight. God Bless and have a good day.

Barstow said:
It sure is amazing how many cry babies we have working here.

Every time it gets close to bid time, You all come out of the wood work. Why dont you just growup and do your job and quit *****en. It's not going to do you any good, Big E is going to do what they thank is best for the company......Thats just my view on the whole bid thing..10-4 PEACE OUT!!!
Maybe it was always that way for you, but it wasn't always that way for us! Since I hired on 12 years ago we were always told that a bid was yours for as long as you wanted it and no re-bidding. Old timers here longer than myself find this hard to take, but we all must change with the times and some find it harder than others to change as many don't like change even though they will have to accept it sooner or later.

Maybe if you would take the time to learn a little about the company you are now working for and their policies you wouldn't make such a lame post.

With all the changes going on, re-bidding is probably the best way to go to be fair to all, but maybe corporate is having second thoughts on their policy as they will be sending questionaires to all drivers in a couple of months to get their opinion on re-bidding. To me that is the fair way to go since it was always Estes policy not to re-bid runs. Let the drivers decide. Besides, those that have the seniority will always keep their run or have better ones in a re-bidding anyway. It's only those lower on the totem pole that will get a run when newer runs come up and even if no new runs were put up, nothing would change in a re-bidding save for a shuffling of runs among the senior drivers. As was witnessed last year in the first ever re-bidding, not much changed save for the fact that lower drivers lost their runs and had to go on the extra board when many runs were canceled. Now, was this fair to them? Some say yes, others say no.

yes the bid was yours for as long as it lasted. but if it gets done away with your on the x-board for how long i'm a senior driver and i've had to runs done away with and nothing to go to,but a new driver with a lot less time stays on a run.and everybody says it was your choice to take that bid and stay on it when others bids come up.well if it fits your life style you would.then a week after the new bid comes down yours is lost so your out and they say you had a chance to take another.thing is you would have taken it had you known yours was beinc done away with.

yes the bid was yours for as long as it lasted. but if it gets done away with your on the x-board for how long i'm a senior driver and i've had two runs done away with and nothing to go to,but a new driver with a lot less time stays on a run.and everybody says it was your choice to take that bid and stay on it when others bids come up.well if it fits your life style you would.then a week after the new bid comes down yours is lost so your out and they say you had a chance to take another.thing is you would have taken it had you known yours was being done away with.

yes the bid was yours for as long as it lasted. but if it gets done away with your on the x-board for how long i'm a senior driver and i've had two runs done away with and nothing to go to,but a new driver with a lot less time stays on a run.and everybody says it was your choice to take that bid and stay on it when others bids come up.well if it fits your life style you would.then a week after the new bid comes down yours is lost so your out and they say you had a chance to take another.thing is you would have taken it had you known yours was being done away with.

EXACTLY, well said!!!

I don't know about the cry baby thing but, i was one of those who was content about the bidding thing until, it happened to me then it was'nt so great. #2 linehaul and have the worst run in the barn after 7 1/2 years on my run they canceled it! and modified me to this little thing for half the money, and know after 91/2 years with the company looks like i will lose everything (credit, cars, maybe my house!!!!!) while guys with half the time there are sitting pretty when it happens to you it will open your eyes to. trust me

I don't know about the cry baby thing but, i was one of those who was content about the bidding thing until, it happened to me then it was'nt so great. #2 linehaul and have the worst run in the barn after 7 1/2 years on my run they canceled it! and modified me to this little thing for half the money, and know after 91/2 years with the company looks like i will lose everything (credit, cars, maybe my house!!!!!) while guys with half the time there are sitting pretty when it happens to you it will open your eyes to. trust me

Sorry to hear about your misfortune,frogman.2 Questions. Why wouldn't they let you run xtra board? Did they offer it to you? I know it would mean away from home,but at least you could maintain your standard of living.Then maybe a run would develope that you could bid on.Good luck to ya.

And there are plenty of stories just like yours, feel your pain man, when I hired on with this company for the first 5 years I thought man finally found a company to be proud of and really enjoyed going to work, but the last year has been horrible.
It's pretty sad when I have to say can things get any worse around here?

Sorry to hear about your misfortune,frogman.2 Questions. Why wouldn't they let you run xtra board? Did they offer it to you? I know it would mean away from home,but at least you could maintain your standard of living.Then maybe a run would develope that you could bid on.Good luck to ya.

Well have you been on Extra Board lately, you can barely keep your standard of living when you sit around terminals for 24 hours waiting to go somewhere.

Alot of folks with this company had a bid run since day one. I know a driver that's been with this company for years. He has never been outside the state of Georgia or in the mountains in a big truck. If you mention the word xtra to him he would hyperventilate. It's easy to locate the folks that's been pampered all their lives.

they said my run was a modifaction ????
( different run #, direction, different meet driver, and state hell of a mod huh? :nutkick:)
there for there was no bid posted for it. i could take it or quit and was told no extra board position at our barn .

when it comes to driving a truck Estes is a pampered job. I know things are slow and things are changing but it will get better