SEFL | What a customer did...

reknilp

TB Lurker
Credits
So I have a customer on my route that is a very small business and he's always out running around so appointments are very important to him. Needless to say when the trailer is loaded the dock guys could care less, just like the managers. So today I get to my customer almost 2 hours after the appointment window. He was angry but who could blame him. He has became aware that I do everything I can do to get to him on time but it's an uphill battle I will never win.

So today I bumped the dock and when I walked in he said "you want to know what I think of your company....look at the back of your trailer". He taped a piece of paper over "out" so it read "quality with question". I haven't laughed so hard while at work.

That doesn't apply here.

His freight is held for an appointment, the girls in the office make the appointment with him, then the dock loads his freight however they want with no regards to appointment times.

How would guaranteed service help him? Possibly a time definite would but for the price it's ridiculous.

The point here is why make an appointment if the supervisors won't hold load out guys accountable for there actions, this customer by far isn't the only one either.

That doesn't apply here.

His freight is held for an appointment, the girls in the office make the appointment with him, then the dock loads his freight however they want with no regards to appointment times.

How would guaranteed service help him? Possibly a time definite would but for the price it's ridiculous.

The point here is why make an appointment if the supervisors won't hold load out guys accountable for there actions, this customer by far isn't the only one either.
Our supervisor gets around not having to hold guys accountable by never holding that pesky appointment freight. DR says appointment plain as day, but he just loads it out the day it arrives. Prob solved lol

That doesn't apply here.

A lot of customers do that at Sefl well they did when I was there in the city many years ago that's how they get there freight for free do a 8am appointment and 9 times outa 10 it will never make it there if you can get 5 or so shipments for free and then that one that gets there on time you are still ahead tell him to try it and make sure he documents the time so the city driver can't press arrival b4 he gets there and try that bs that has happen to me a few times dispatch tell you to show delivery that you are there but you really ain't

A lot of customers do that at Sefl well they did when I was there in the city many years ago that's how they get there freight for free do a 8am appointment and 9 times outa 10 it will never make it there if you can get 5 or so shipments for free and then that one that gets there on time you are still ahead tell him to try it and make sure he documents the time so the city driver can't press arrival b4 he gets there and try that bs that has happen to me a few times dispatch tell you to show delivery that you are there but you really ain't
That last sentence got a dispatcher @ ABF fired the same day he told a driver to show a Timekeeper delivered 90 minutes before it actually was. Customer called the Fort, Fort looked @ the computer, told customer it had been delivered, customer said he did not have his freight. The rest is history, so was the dispatcher. von.