TForce | What a difference a buyout makes.

:hysterical: Funny, funny - seems I was not "a bad apple" until I saw exactly what was going on and let others in on it - was I?

I don't expect you to do otherwise than "defend Overnite" - that is always your priviledge. I don't believe you are foolish or "a bad apple" for that. There are others here that do the same, but at least they do not have tunnel vision like some others, know there is/was a verrrry dark side to everything that happened during "that" time.

Go to your wife's medicine cabinet and take one of her Midol tablets and get some rest - I am sure you just got home from your run and need to relax. You are kinda p!ssy right now. :hysterical:

Darkstar

I'm more man than you ever had or ever will get.:hysterical:

... but at the Memphis terminal, our butts were never kissed, our hands patted, or the red carpet rolled out for us. We were always told if we did not like the way things were, there was the door, and don't let it hit you in the arse on the way out. There was such a large turnover there, applications were taken daily for all positions, office and otherwise.

The only times I can remember any kindness from management was when they were trying to get us to do something we had better sense not to do, but fell for the gig anyway. Like working overtime off the clock. Like expecting us to lie to the right people about something that happened so they would not be in trouble with those same right people. Etc, etc, etc.

When the Memphis terminal split into a city terminal (at a different location) and the long haul part, we (the city part) had a pretty decent terminal manager. He was a riot. And he thought I was a heartless biatch. He learned better, but he still never really knew what I was thinking. And, I still thought he was a riot. Then, we had to merge again. And the terminal manager that was above it all did learn I could be a heartless biatch.

"O" was great with the intimidation whip, but I still believe this would have happened sooner or later.

Yeah, they were the nation's greatest labor law violator - and UPS only did what they could do to keep the money flowing into their pockets. They had the good sense to realize those days of intimidation were over, and got on with what had to be done the quickest way possible.

Darkstar

Believe me, I understand. If you even talked pro-union at ovnt they put you on the hit list. when UPS bought ovnt I told my (now fired) Tm that we will be able to join the union, he said that would never happen and I better be careful what I say. I never went to work at ant striking terminals, even though I was asked. I just thought it was not my place to get involved with the labor disputes at another terminal. though I understand that some guys felt they were doing the right thing or threatened if they didn't go. But that time is over and Ovnt is just a decal waiting to be stripped off the side of a trailer. This is UPS and UPS is union and all those outside the union will be on the outside of the company.

There you go .....

Believe me, I understand. If you even talked pro-union at ovnt they put you on the hit list. when UPS bought ovnt I told my (now fired) Tm that we will be able to join the union, he said that would never happen and I better be careful what I say. I never went to work at ant striking terminals, even though I was asked. I just thought it was not my place to get involved with the labor disputes at another terminal. though I understand that some guys felt they were doing the right thing or threatened if they didn't go. But that time is over and Ovnt is just a decal waiting to be stripped off the side of a trailer. This is UPS and UPS is union and all those outside the union will be on the outside of the company.

..... how right you are!

Darkstar

Now see Skeeter ....

:hysterical: Funny, funny - seems I was not "a bad apple" until I saw exactly what was going on and let others in on it - was I?

I don't expect you to do otherwise than "defend Overnite" - that is always your priviledge. I don't believe you are foolish or "a bad apple" for that. There are others here that do the same, but at least they do not have tunnel vision like some others, know there is/was a verrrry dark side to everything that happened during "that" time.

Go to your wife's medicine cabinet and take one of her Midol tablets and get some rest - I am sure you just got home from your run and need to relax. You are kinda p!ssy right now. :hysterical:

Darkstar

.... you think I am a "heartless biatch" too, don't you :hysterical: . I apologize, that was an unkind cut I made at you about the Midol tablet - (can a leapord change it's spots?????).

:smilie_132:

p.s. - what's up with the deleted post? Surely you only gave me the comeuppance I so well deserved!

Darkstar

Personally, I would like to leave all of this in the past and let it go. I have, And now is not the time to bring this into play as we are moving forward.

Personally, I would like to leave all of this in the past and let it go. I have, And now is not the time to bring this into play as we are moving forward.

I never thought searching the History of "O" would bring out the hidden inner pains.
Obviously there are some grudges still lingering.
Sometimes it can be healing to let it out and hear the different sides and why they did what they did. Put yourselves in eachothers shoes and read where they were coming from. We're still alive, I feel it's time to forgive rather than hold ill feelings towards eachother.
I'll still be looking into the history and that documentary.

BottomLine?
'O" was sold....it's over...Win or Lose, those were the trials and tribulations, learning lessons and growing pains of that era.
We are now UPS moving into the future with the Teamsters!

As short of a time it takes for one second to pass,and what can you do about retrieving it?
Nothing its gone,and has taken its place in history.
You can look back with fond memories,or regrets its a personal choice.
But theres no way you can change anything.
Mistakes are gone,its much better to do your best in the momments you are living now,instead of adding this present time to the list of regrets you will look back at.

just a tip from the old trucker on here.

As short of a time it takes for one second to pass,and what can you do about retrieving it?
Nothing its gone,and has taken its place in history.
You can look back with fond memories,or regrets its a personal choice.
But theres no way you can change anything.
Mistakes are gone,its much better to do your best in the momments you are living now,instead of adding this present time to the list of regrets you will look back at.

just a tip from the old trucker on here.

True!
Everyone learns from their own as well as others mistakes, we will never stop learning from one another.
Looking back at how "O" and the Teamsters handled the situation is very different in this present time.
If we were still "O" would we even go through this again? Who knows it's all speculative and a waste of energy to guess what will never happen now that we live behind the Brown Shield.
Some people say History repeats itself. This not being the case.:1036316054:

With that being said, I love reading about the History of things and how far we have advanced. Do you all think the past practices have forged the future for us at UPSF?
That Was Than.
Overnite faces strike
Teamsters strike UP unit
ONLY CLICK THE LINKS ABOVE IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN READING THE PAST.

This Is Now!
UPSF Gaining Momentum
Union Coverage Map and List

Can't argue that....But who in the history of the world have ever paid attention to anything that went on in the past....If they did this world should be utopia...Missed the boat somewhere....

I believe history and studying history helps build our future. We learn what not to do and what to do because of history.
The study of History both good and bad helps us to try and reach Utopia.

When you read this post it will already be history.
If you reply to this post than you obviously paid attention to what happened in the past.

I believe history and studying history helps build our future. We learn what not to do and what to do because of history.

If you reply to this post than you obviously paid attention to what happened in the past.

Now that is almost biblical.

Now that is almost biblical.

I see you follow History with a reply?:1036316054::smilie_132:

That red dot between Puerto Rico and Hawaii was "The Land of Biblical Awareness" ( I know you'll get the joke)

It was the birth place of the first ever iPod Transistor Radio that the Professor built and jammed too.

Going all parable style on us.....Sweet....Now your saying that if I have a cow and wish for a horse....I kick it in the right flank and will have to chase the pig? Sounds solid....I'll get back to you....

Going all parable style on us.....Sweet....Now your saying that if I have a cow and wish for a horse....I kick it in the right flank and will have to chase the pig? Sounds solid....I'll get back to you....

I tried that. It didn't work. Only poop and milk came out.:smilie_132: