Yellow | What about Canada?

cityman

TB Lurker
Credits
Zollars did not explain how the merger would effect operations in Canada. Yellow has there own network in place, while Reimer Express aka Roadway Canada covers this area for Roadway.

If the combined USA network mixes all of their Canadian shipments together how will they determine if Yellow or Reimer will deliver the shipment?

I would guess a merger of Yellow Canada and Reimer Express might be in the works.

i don't think anything will be done up north until all the dust settles in the usa.

about 20 years ago i was talking to a YELLOW and former red star quebec big shot at SQB and he said that YELLOW would kill for interprovincial authority.

we still don't have it but, reimer does, so i don't think they'll do anything until they can use the interprovincial authority under the YELLOW brand.

remember canada is still regulated.

True enough on the regulated.

Reimer has been performing Yellows work from Manitoba West for about 4 years now.

Roadway originally bought Reimer (in part) to obtain 'running rights' across Canada because the canadian govt regulations considered that there were already enough Canadian Trucking Companies to handle the work in Canada so the only way for a foreign trucker to obtain these 'running rights' was to purchase a Canadian company. When I was at Roadway, as is the case now with Yellow still, we only picked up 'export out of country' freight.

So far in the East we at Reimer have been told that as far as us and Yellow -no decision has been made- (well we know the decision has most likely been made but they aren't letting that info out).

Will let you know........