TForce | What about OUR PENSION?

Apostolic said:
When I was turning 62 I just never checked into my Social Security benefits.
I felt I'm very blessed of God to have such good health,and am able to still do the work,so I just stayed with it.

If I keep working as long as I can God only knows when my final day on earth is?

Maybe I'll be able to work till the end,and let my wife reap my benefits?

I'd like that very much if it works out that way.

I know my fellow drivers would like to see me move out of the way so they could move up the food chain.
I know they weren't the happy campers when they found out I wasn't going to retire on my 62 birthday.

But hey I paid my dues in the trucking industry,so to speak.
I came up the hard way,mostly floor loads,no power steering,or air conditioning.
Also many other hardships in the earlly years.

So they'll just have to wait for God to move me out.
It works for me.

I know of no teamster pension that has a forced retirement age.

I just got a flyer in the mail for changes in our pension.
It is explained as:
Our final compensation x 1.725% for each year up to 30 years. They almost tripled it. We were $20 a month for a max of 25 years.
This is the old MC plan. It is definately a plus. Interesting timing.

steve5 said:
I just got a flyer in the mail for changes in our pension.
It is explained as:
Our final compensation x 1.725% for each year up to 30 years. They almost tripled it. We were $20 a month for a max of 25 years.
This is the old MC plan. It is definately a plus. Interesting timing.

Steve,
I just got the mail too. Love how our Pension is only for the former MC portion of UPSF.

The example they showed is better than the old but not nearly what the Union benefit plan has to offer (and yes I got a copy of the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust). The BIG thing that caught my eye was the disclaimer on the back of the brochure, quote:

"Although the company intends to maintain the benefits described in this brochure, UPS reserves the right to amend or discontinue any employee benefits or plans at any time and for any reason."

And the next thing out of their mouth will be, you are safe with us, you don't need a contract, will take care of you, etc.....& I think there is probably something about a check in the mail.:duh:

WIGGLEWAGON said:
Steve,
I just got the mail too. Love how our Pension is only for the former MC portion of UPSF.

The example they showed is better than the old but not nearly what the Union benefit plan has to offer (and yes I got a copy of the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust). The BIG thing that caught my eye was the disclaimer on the back of the brochure, quote:

"Although the company intends to maintain the benefits described in this brochure, UPS reserves the right to amend or discontinue any employee benefits or plans at any time and for any reason."

And the next thing out of their mouth will be, you are safe with us, you don't need a contract, will take care of you, etc.....& I think there is probably something about a check in the mail.:duh:
I just read that, I wonder why they put that on the brochure, why get our hopes up than say they can take it away or amend it at will?

I have to say that this flyer sent to us in the mail is proof of the Union forcing the company to step up and deliver. Whatever happens Union or non Union I will always thank the Teamsters for pressing (indirectly) the company to better the benefits.

2631 said:
Teamsters Local 560, Union City N.J. adds a 5 percent bonus for every year worked after age 57. It doesn't matter how many years worked in the local.

We just had a former CF driver retire yesterday with only 5 yrs in local 560. He is 62 and gets a 30 percent bonus for those 5 years worked in 560.

So someone starting at todays rate of $140 per credit = $700 per month for 5 yrs at age 57. but at age 62 = $910 per month
I made a mistake !!! In Local 560 we get a 6 % bonus (not 5 %) for every year worked after age 57

So at age 62 we get a 30 % bonus, at 65 we gets 48 % & so on.. And that percentage is of the total pension credits. Someone who retires with 30 yrs gets a pretty good monthly check.

steve5 said:
I have to say that this flyer sent to us in the mail is proof of the Union forcing the company to step up and deliver. Whatever happens Union or non Union I will always thank the Teamsters for pressing (indirectly) the company to better the benefits.
I'm sure the threat of the Union is what propels UPSF to dangle a carrot in front of our nose. It amazes me how many people fall for the promises and tactics just to keep us from having a contract. If they can keep the division in the ranks, and eventually have us vote "no", what really do you think they'll do. My guess their "intentions" will go by the wayside because of flexibility and bottom line $, but I also guess there will be big bonuses for the top guys. To me, a promise called "intention" means nothing from these guys. We already know that Pete & Matt sold us down the river at old MC and now we get to bend over and let Leo continue to do the same. The only saving factor would be a contract!

WIGGLEWAGON said:
I'm sure the threat of the Union is what propels UPSF to dangle a carrot in front of our nose. It amazes me how many people fall for the promises and tactics just to keep us from having a contract. If they can keep the division in the ranks, and eventually have us vote "no", what really do you think they'll do. My guess their "intentions" will go by the wayside because of flexibility and bottom line $, but I also guess there will be big bonuses for the top guys. To me, a promise called "intention" means nothing from these guys. We already know that Pete & Matt sold us down the river at old MC and now we get to bend over and let Leo continue to do the same. The only saving factor would be a contract!

You guys from M/C do nothing but whine and complain.
When your company(M/C) sold you out to "O",were you forced to stay?

If I was as disgruntled as most of you are,I would have gotten a new job a long time ago...instead of constantly crying the blues all the time.

And don't give me the old...I don't want to start at the bottom again....If your that unhappy where you are...move on to bigger and better things.

And if there are no bigger or better things in your area,then things here at UPSF must not be so bad.

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:

If I was as disgruntled as most of you are,I would have gotten a new job a long time ago...instead of constantly crying the blues all the time.

And don't give me the old...I don't want to start at the bottom again....If your that unhappy where you are...move on to bigger and better things.

And if there are no bigger or better things in your area,then things here at UPSF must not be so bad.

Lighten up, They are practicing to be a teamster. LOL!

The first positive post I've made and NOW I am whining? What happened to all the time up until now? Ok I'll go back to negitave post about Ovnt.

You mean if you were losing close to $150 a week you would keep your mouth shut and thank your company for it? You call it whining, I call it money out of my pocket. Glad to be, you've made some good points in the past that I've agreed with but then you post this about us a MC (and belive me I know we can go a little too far with the O bashing, me included) but I find it hard to believe you would sit back and let this happen to you. I think the whining comment is inappropriate.

What is with the continuing name calling?
Things did not change for us back when O bought us, only when the Edge conversion took place. If they keep taking away from you, you would be the one to say something. Is it so bad that I want to look out for my and my family's future?
Why should I be content to step backwards on my paycheck or give up and start somewhere else? Even the non-union suporters are disgruntled with the lack of delay etc.... their solution is just to sit back and wait to see what UPSF can do for us. All I'm saying is, UPSF has already shown me it's colors and I would like to have a say.
Just because I state the simple facts, This means I'm a whiner? Guess it's better than having no backbone at all!

steve5 said:
You mean if you were losing close to $150 a week you would keep your mouth shut and thank your company for it? You call it whining, I call it money out of my pocket. Glad to be, you've made some good points in the past that I've agreed with but then you post this about us a MC (and belive me I know we can go a little too far with the O bashing, me included) but I find it hard to believe you would sit back and let this happen to you. I think the whining comment is inappropriate.

I appologize if I offended you,but I was just stating that it is pretty easy to spot a post from a former M/C driver.

You guys were screwed buy M/C...not by "O".

As far as I know "O" pays the same accross the country,or was it May 1st that your scale changed? Either way...M/C sold you out.

I personaly am pretty happy at "O"/UPSF(except for the delay and breakdown)...which reminds me...I have posted in the past that I can understand you guys complaining since this was forced on you...but it is never ending...like I said,If I was that unhappy,I would have already left.

I don't think the teamsters are the answer either.

For the most part,we have it pretty good here.
I think in time they(UPS) will improve the delay and breakdown pay,but they have to start running the company first.

There are many changes that need to be made,and in an aquisition of this size,it will take a little time.

WIGGLEWAGON said:
What is with the continuing name calling?
Things did not change for us back when O bought us, only when the Edge conversion took place. If they keep taking away from you, you would be the one to say something. Is it so bad that I want to look out for my and my family's future?
Why should I be content to step backwards on my paycheck or give up and start somewhere else? Even the non-union suporters are disgruntled with the lack of delay etc.... their solution is just to sit back and wait to see what UPSF can do for us. All I'm saying is, UPSF has already shown me it's colors and I would like to have a say.
Just because I state the simple facts, This means I'm a whiner? Guess it's better than having no backbone at all!

I have called no one any names....and you say UPSF showed you it's true colors,...all they did was make your pay the same as everyone else at UPSF...which(I know it sucks for you)is the right thing to do as a company,since we are intigrated together and are one in the same now.

I have called no one any names....and you say UPSF showed you it's true colors,...all they did was make your pay the same as everyone else at UPSF...which(I know it sucks for you)is the right thing to do as a company,since we are intigrated together and are one in the same now.

Not an MC guy or an O/UPSF guy but it seems to me that if the company wanted to make everyones pay the same they could have raised the O/UPSF pay instead of lowering the MC pay, NO?

Why don't you voluntarily give up .03 per mile and about $2.00 per hour, then we'll be on the same page?