TForce | What about OUR PENSION?

john/nyc said:
Not an MC guy or an O/UPSF guy but it seems to me that if the company wanted to make everyones pay the same they could have raised the O/UPSF pay instead of lowering the MC pay, NO?
They took away what we had (delay etc...) easy enough, but they tell us they "intend" to bring our scale equal to the O boys by June '07. We get .507 miles and $19.08 reg and $13.01 delay.

Cut, cut, cut..........Wait, wait, wait........

WIGGLEWAGON said:
Why don't you voluntarily give up .03 per mile and about $2.00 per hour, then we'll be on the same page?
Because it is easier to tell us that we are whiners and to just go away.....Man I don't understand.....If 1 of you all had your job screwed with even a little bit it would be you saying the samethings we are....And do we reall have to go thru who bought what again???? Bottomline MC,O, union, or non-union, if all of us don't stick together speek our minds listen to and support eachother, we are all in for a real crappy ride.....We are not blaming any of the drivers of O.....It is totally upper management and that is where our anger is at....We just voice it here and share our feelings....It just shows who is mature enough to LISTEN and DISCUSS it all....

WIGGLEWAGON said:
Why don't you voluntarily give up .03 per mile and about $2.00 per hour, then we'll be on the same page?

See,for some reason I was under the understanding that as M/C you made less per mile and were only loosing on the delay in the change over.

I heard that somewhere...I guess in the rumer mill.

I do appologize to all of you disgruntled M/C guys.
Whine away....LOL

UPSF_GLAD TO BE NON-UNION said:
I appologize if I offended you,but I was just stating that it is pretty easy to spot a post from a former M/C driver.

You guys were screwed buy M/C...not by "O".

As far as I know "O" pays the same accross the country,or was it May 1st that your scale changed? Either way...M/C sold you out.

I personaly am pretty happy at "O"/UPSF(except for the delay and breakdown)...which reminds me...I have posted in the past that I can understand you guys complaining since this was forced on you...but it is never ending...like I said,If I was that unhappy,I would have already left.

I don't think the teamsters are the answer either.

For the most part,we have it pretty good here.
I think in time they(UPS) will improve the delay and breakdown pay,but they have to start running the company first.

There are many changes that need to be made,and in an aquisition of this size,it will take a little time.
This post I can understand, thier might be some truth to the MC sellout thing, It was our VP of OPs that broke the news. I really don't know. And I'm making an effort to curtail the complaining part. I still am for a contract, this is my opinion. You've more than heard my side and I have heard your side, we will have to see what happens. Either way we will all be a part of the UPSF "family".

steve5 said:
This post I can understand, thier might be some truth to the MC sellout thing, It was our VP of OPs that broke the news. I really don't know. And I'm making an effort to curtail the complaining part. I still am for a contract, this is my opinion. You've more than heard my side and I have heard your side, we will have to see what happens. Either way we will all be a part of the UPSF "family".
I agree whatever the outcome we need to work together to make this company #1 in the business.:bgroovy:

You Motor cargo P & D drivers lost $2.00 per hour?

Your right thats a lot of money over a years time.

You say that your going to be get it back by June 2007?

Will that be retroactive,from the time your wages were cut?

How were you getting paid for overtime?

Was it like Overnite,time and a half after 43 hours,or did you have a better deal?

This information may of been posted before?
If so I'm sorry to bring it up again.

But I am interested,and your right it really is hard going backwards,insted of ahead with your earnings.

We always get used to whatever we'er making, and when money is taken away its hard to make the ajustment.

For what its worth I'm sorry our company did this to you MC employees.

Johnnybegood said:
I agree whatever the outcome we need to work together to make this company #1 in the business.:bgroovy:
Yes sir....That is the only chance we got...."Best of Class" means the best of everything, for the customers, employees and the shield....

help me out here ,,,didn't the union cut ups package from 100.00 credit year to 80.00 credit year?? thus..100 times 35 = 3500.00 per month.. vers..80 times 35 =2800.00 per month?? diff.of 700.00 to their good

begone said:
help me out here ,,,didn't the union cut ups package from 100.00 credit year to 80.00 credit year?? thus..100 times 35 = 3500.00 per month.. vers..80 times 35 =2800.00 per month?? diff.of 700.00 to their good
Cost of living deduction......You eat less when you get older...I think most pensions have went thru some changes....Thanks to insurance and every little hail stone thet ever hit some one and gave them a blackeye....