FedEx Freight | What about the Dock?

sonny2 said:
Will the men and women working the dock for Watkins need to start looking for positions elswhere?

I seriously doubt it. Its hard to find good dock hands. Just like trying to find good drivers. I really don't think you should have any concerns.:smilie_132:

Dock

Pompano said:
I seriously doubt it. Its hard to find good dock hands. Just like trying to find good drivers. I really don't think you should have any concerns.:smilie_132:
YOU WILL PROBALLY HAVE TO GET A CDL CAUSE ALL FEDX DOCK HANDS HAVE TO HAVE IT,,,,,,

Dang folks, calm down for cryin' out loud. FX did not buy Watkins to shut it down, they bought it for the CN and MX authority, AND FOR the things that Watkins does that is different than what a typical LTL company does. The job still has to be done and to get it done you need the folks who know how to do it best........... YOU!!!

Man, you guys just won the career lottery and you're worring about having to pay taxes!! Cheer up and don't worry. Even if they were to discontinue your job for some reason, there are a crap load of other positions available throught the company.

Don't worry.... be happy!

CAN I GET AN AMEN!!! Most people should realize this. We all know what Watkins and Fedex Freight are but if you ask the average company if they have heard of Watkins do you think they say yes? OHHHH NOOOOO!!
You will be amazed at how much a name can improve your business.
Watch and see all over business improvement! Customers will expect us to be able to handle more and we should be able to offer a better price now. Office Jobs, Dock Jobs???? Get ready for the busy season and be expected to work harder than normal.
The only major change I forsee is no longer so much slower pace work or being sooo laid back.
Anyone who has worked for UPS or Fedex before and works for Watkins now knows what I mean. The pace will pick up and demands will be larger but we will have the business to match!!!
The future is bright!!!

re

pirate420 said:
this is not true...take it from a FedEx frieght driver.full time dock workers do NOT have to have a CDL.
Sorry driver, as a prior FedEx Freight driver and dock worker, i was told that only full time dock guys getting HIRED on would have to have a CDL so that they could swing city freight if needed (minus the hub dock workers at night) - but who knows - my SCM could have been wrong.

Rob
Surface Expedite

NORMAULYSSA said:
how About Office People What The Changes Could Be ???
You'll have to get a ....get a ....a...CDL.....Yea thats right a CDL...... and run line haul on the weekend,....Yea ...Yea ...Thats right ....Thats the ticket.:Poke: :joke:

I talked to a fellow in MEM about a week ago that got bumped back to part time because he failed the written part of his CDL exam. I believe they do have to have a CDL for a full time position.

Dang folks, calm down for cryin' out loud. FX did not buy Watkins to shut it down, they bought it for the CN and MX authority, AND FOR the things that Watkins does that is different than what a typical LTL company does. The job still has to be done and to get it done you need the folks who know how to do it best........... YOU!!!

Man, you guys just won the career lottery and you're worring about having to pay taxes!! Cheer up and don't worry. Even if they were to discontinue your job for some reason, there are a crap load of other positions available throught the company.

Don't worry.... be happy!
This comment has not aged well.....