ABF | What about the Medical?

We have ABF wanting out of the pension funds,how about the medical part.
I know in the western conference the $1.00 for H&W is split and the Union doesn't tell you how it's split so most of the $1.00 could go for rising health cost.
If the company stops paying in the cost of the Teamster health plan the co-pay on the retire's health plan for that company has double or higher.
It can be different for other conference.

Another reason I bring the Medical up is if you give up the pension,the medical will be next. Then you keep giving as they found a opening and the door will open wide and wider.They in the future we all just become dues paying member's with the hope that company keep their promise and produce the benefits.

In the Northeast it's split 65/35 with the 65 going to the pension.

According to the new language as explained to me was, the fund trustees will be given the latitude to adjust the split to wherever the money is needed. H&W or pension.

According to the new language as explained to me was, the fund trustees will be given the latitude to adjust the split to wherever the money is needed. H&W or pension.

Thats how it always works mikey. I was just explaining how we split it in the Northeast.

Ya then they will tell us we need the door open a little more and then more then there is no door to open because the door is wide open...

ABF is being overcharged for the health care costs. Without question they could find better coverage at a lower cost than they are paying now.