Estes | What Am I Paid For?

Credits
I just started here a couple months ago and still haven't figured out how you know what they are paying you for.
I am on linehaul extra board, so I am always doing something different.
I thought I would get a printout of what they are paying me for but all I get is a check.
Am I missing something?? :shift:

i hate their paychecks. without looking at one there should be a mileage line. you take this number divided by whatever your pay rate is to determine how many miles they are paying you for the week. next is non mileage. this is your drop and hook pay. i think this used to be regular hours. then there is an hourly line and that is if you get paid by the hour for anything. you would have to manual write this on your trip sheet and get it signed off on. then there is holiday (obvious) and breakdown if you have any. i hope that answers your questions.

if you are asking more of a philophical question, it is for your life, love, and soul.

word of advice... if you already do not do this, you need to start. Always keep some kind of record for your self. Write down all term to term miles, add them up at end of week and times your mileage rate by those miles and it should total , total mileage pay. Keep track of all hook and breaks, total should match total of non-mileage pay. And should you get any hourly pay, that would be under hourly pay. Generally they do not make many mistakes, but.... they do happen

I agree with rjjr- I always make a copy of my trip sheet when I turn it in at the end of the week. It's come in handy a few times in the past 10 years.

Thanks guys!!
I do keep a copy of my trip sheet every week and the pay is "close", so I guess I'm getting paid for what I've done. I just thought they would tell you what they are paying you somehow.
I run alot of east coast and alot of short trips, so it would be easy to screw it up.
Guess I'll never know.
Oh well. So far, I'm lovin' the job though. I've never had it this easy. :shift: :dance:

You can always volunteer to hook pups or shrink wrap skids to keep from feeling quilty when you receive that big ol lump sum at the end of the week.

Better yet, you could go around and clean other driver's windows for them! :banana: The guilt vanishes away at the speed of Windex, and you get a nice warm-fuzzy feeling! How can you go wrong?!?!

I am glad this was a topic, I am gonna start extra board soon and to state for the record I will not feel guilty for having it easy after 3 years of unloading groceries by hand. I miss the LTL game and an anxious to get started.

[quote author=dlance71 link=topic=82139.msg853523#msg853523 date=1280618544]
I am glad this was a topic, I am gonna start extra board soon and to state for the record I will not feel guilty for having it easy after 3 years of unloading groceries by hand. I miss the LTL game and an anxious to get started.
[/quote]
You'll soon be spoiled like the rest of them. 6 months from now you'll be kickin and screaming if the pup was dropped an inch higher than your fifth wheel :hissy:

:biglaugh: I definitely don't feel guilty about taking their money.
And I'm definitely not looking for extra work.
So, when you see me at a terminal, don't look for me to come running across the parking lot with a bottle of Windex anytime soon. :thumbsup: