FedEx Freight | what are other ltl carriers rate of pay?

Difference between driving a personal vehicle or rented vehicle and driving commercially. Licenses are based on gross vehicle weight. If the vehicle can handle more weight then your license allows it goes down as driving without a license.

...so would I need a class E to drive a box truck loaded with 12 skids?

What kind of license do you need to drive a box truck? Class E?

Now that I think about it, when I rented a 20' box truck from uhaul I didn't need anything.

Did that "box truck" have air brakes? We're you hauling HazMat?

Fact: The industry is having an extremely high amount of difficulty finding qualified drivers, hence MOST companies are increasing compensation packages to attract the few drivers that are available.

...so would I need a class E to drive a box truck loaded with 12 skids?

That would depend on the Gross vehicle weight rating. Above 26,000lbs, you'd need a class B license for a straight truck. Class A for a any combination vehicle above 26000 pulling a trailer in excess of 10,000 lbs.

Don't forget your HazMat endorsement, which includes finger printing and background check! Also, coming soon, you'll need tanker endorsement if you pick up totes... Any liquid container over 110 gal.

...okay so keep the weight under 26k!! I love it. Pass a simple haz mat background. Okay. Tanker?!! Sounds like my ex boy friend but should be an easy test.

I am getting ideas for my sex novelty shop. Thanks for the input boys, I mean, men!

Last edited by a moderator:
We have seen the wage differences between most carriers, now lets share the cost of medical insurance and retirement formulas union v.s. non union.

Yeah, just simple HazMat, no need to study.. Just common sense stuff. Stuff you likely already know.

Like how to placard different amounts of stuff. Oh and combinations of stuff, that's when it gets easy. I actually came out of the womb knowing which things could and couldn't be loaded together. They should go wing the test and tell us how it went.

:ranting2:
Imagine that they actually have the nerve to post a profit. Why, don't they know that they are the highest paid ltl and parcel company out there. How dare them. All of us nonunion people should just storm the fences, we know they are posting lies the union is going to break them they can't be turning a profit, it just lies, lies I tell you, there is no way those buster Brown's are turning a profit. We need to string em up.:ranting2:

Last edited by a moderator: