FedEx Freight | what are other ltl carriers rate of pay?

More news on the topic:

http://fleetowner.com/fleet-management/hunt-drivers-will-intensify-2015

Good read. Here a little clip:

"In the latest survey issued by Transport Capital Partners (TCP), over 90% of carriers polled by the firm are expecting to increase driver wages this year – with more than a third expecting those wage increases to be in the range of 6% to 10% or double what was reported to TCP six months ago."
I wonder who will lead the surge of pay increases and be the first to offer a nice, fat 10% raise?

Personally, if I were a driver on the low end of the pay spectrum, company paid benefits or a revised 401(k) would go a lonnnnng way. It's not always about pay.

These companies just need the biggest kick in the ass to give the slightest raise!

http://www.gforceship.com/freight-shipping-tips/top-25-ltl-carriers
I found this to be self explanatory. Numbers don't lie.

Some won't click links... Here's the screen shot, showing more than double growth rate at UPSF, and others.

FjPfHhI.jpg

Just curious...who claimed UPSF isn't profitable?
Without going through posts, I couldn't say. However, I've read people posting about "what the union does to a company," and thought I'd post this. I'm pretty much neutral, but this is just reading of my own I thought I'd share.

If nobody made claims that UPSF was not making money hand over fist, then never mind. Good information regardless.

Just curious...who claimed UPSF isn't profitable?
Purple Hammer seemed to be confused whether UPSF was broke or not and whether UPSF posted its profit reports.
Post#108 Thread, FedEx Employees, (Maybe the package arm of the company is the cash cow. The freight arm could be break even worse.

Post#103 Thread, FedEx Employees, (I haven't seen any profit reports for UPSF.

It seems for the most part that LTL company's are doing very well in growth & profits, yet benefits & wages are getting worse than what they once were and the trend will continue as long as the employee allows it.
Yeah, I see that most of them show substantial annual growth, while wages have stagnated for the most part. Even those giving generous increases were long overdue in doing so.

Without going through posts, I couldn't say. However, I've read people posting about "what the union does to a company," and thought I'd post this. I'm pretty much neutral, but this is just reading of my own I thought I'd share.

If nobody made claims that UPSF was not making money hand over fist, then never mind. Good information regardless.
Good information as some did imply that union company's and/or UPSF were not profitable because of higher wages & benefits under contract.

Purple Hammer seemed to be confused whether UPSF was broke or not and whether UPSF posted its profit reports.
Post#108 Thread, FedEx Employees, (Maybe the package arm of the company is the cash cow. The freight arm could be break even worse.

Post#103 Thread, FedEx Employees, (I haven't seen any profit reports for UPSF.
As Purple Hammer, as well as myself, have said the union companies are struggling to turn profits due to union wages and bennies, we've both agreed that UPSF isn't included in that argument. We have said that UPSF IS profitable, however, they've been union for less than ten years, they're still an unproven commodity....wouldn't you agree?
We're not saying you won't succeed because UPS Parcel is the most successful union company in the industry, just saying the jury is still out.
Also, UPS doesn't publicly publish UPSF's earnings individually, they're grouped in with UPS as a whole, just as FedEx does with FedEx Freight....you have to be on the inside to see the real numbers.

As Purple Hammer, as well as myself, have said the union companies are struggling to turn profits due to union wages and bennies, we've both agreed that UPSF isn't included in that argument. We have said that UPSF IS profitable, however, they've been union for less than ten years, they're still an unproven commodity....wouldn't you agree?
We're not saying you won't succeed because UPS Parcel is the most successful union company in the industry, just saying the jury is still out.
Also, UPS doesn't publicly publish UPSF's earnings individually, they're grouped in with UPS as a whole, just as FedEx does with FedEx Freight....you have to be on the inside to see the real numbers.
I'm sorry, did I misunderstand his posts?

FedEx Freight was only created 14 years ago back in 2001, they're still an unproven commodity.....wouldn't you agree?

FedEx Freight was only created 14 years ago back in 2001, they're still an unproven commodity.....wouldn't you agree?
What I notice here at FXFE is there are very quick to adapt to economic changes where the union companies that are bound a contract with employees not so much IMO.

No, FedEx Freight was originally comprised of Viking and AF (FedEx Frt West & FedEx Frt East respectively) and then added Watkins (FedEx National) later, all three non-union companies, while we've continued to remain union free....( I say union free because no contract has been ratified).
UPS bought Overnite, a non-union company, which became UPSF but you guys voted in the union....so yes, UPSF, a union company, has existed for less than ten years.
My point is, had you guys remained non-union, or had Overnite been a union company with a ratified contract before the purchase, then my statement would be inaccurate for this arguments sake.
Semantics, yes, but accurate none the less.

What I notice here at FXFE is there are very quick to adapt to economic changes where the union companies that are bound a contract with employees not so much IMO.
On the other hand, UPS a union company for over 100 years, with a contract has adapted very well, wouldn't you agree?